Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age: Origins

+15
Korrin Valus
Beadle
Bahn Durm
Satarel Vao
Thalos
Carlen Darko
Ruka
Arashi Storm
Jacan Na'al
Tyren Vaal
Jeme'Maer
Quinlan Sa'athis
Romin Harth
Kevlar
Udumbara
19 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dragon Age: Origins - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:34 am

I think on the DOA wiki it said that if you give a complimentary 10 gold to Wade for the drakescale armor you then get the superior version of it and the Dragonbone armor..not really sure though I'll have to re-check.

My character build: Human Noble Warrior named Aedan, mainly Berserker and Champion specialization, my talent/weaponry is a sword and shield.. I also have a really good ring called lifegiver

My parties normally like this:
Healer/buffer - Wynne
Tanks/dps - Shale and me, and I make Shale use the mode pulverizing blows
Fourth party member - Usually a rogue with weakening/debilitating moves or Alistair because he's just funny and the Templar specialization is cool

I'll put my profile up on Quin's thread when I get the chance.

Last edited by Tyren Vaal on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:43 am

I made a bunch of alts.. but I guess the main would be Denovan, male Human Noble Warrior. Sword and Shield.. he rocks that dragonbone armor and uses the Keening Blade and the Fade Wall. The shield was a random drop from the guy who drops the Keening Blade.. haven't seen it other than the one time. He is a Templar/Champion, focusing mainly on Templar because the last skill obliterates anything with mana.

I'm not at home where my save file is, but I know he is elite. Ended the game at level 21.

Wynne is my healer, Oghren is my dirty DPS, and Leliana is my minor DPS/CC and handy for picking locks.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:14 pm

So this ring your suppose to get when you upload a character...is it suppose to show up in your inventory? I just downloaded the character creator on this computer and uploaded a character, but see no ring. It didn't say how you get the ring on the site, or at least not on the page displaying it.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Wish I had my hands on this game still but I lent it out to a friend.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:55 am

I infact just got the game shortly after I got my internet restored, and I have to say that it is far better than I have expected, though I am only almost done with uniting all the races.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:32 am

I have very impressed with the game as well Jeme.

I wish I knew what I was doing wrong with the free ring. I'm not too worried about it, but it would be nice to have. I downloaded the character creator, created a character, uploaded it and even played the character a little and saved it. I didn't get a ring, so I went back and created another character, making sure I was logged in, and uploaded it. After uploading I went online to see if I could donwload the ring, but it's not available for a download in my game. I also checked my online account and my new character had uploaded to my online account. Which is weird because the character that has completed the game is not listed online and I didn't see an option to upload characters.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:43 am

Anyone know when return to Ostagar will be available? I thought I read it would be up starting today, but not seeing it as available yet.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:14 am

Arashi I will sort out the ring for you tonight when I get home.

As for Return to Ostagar, its been delayed and no new date given.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:13 am

After doing some more reading it does appear that you are suppose to load your character on the bioware site and not just upload it to the game. In the character creater their is no option to upload it. The only options I have are to save, order Dragon Age, or Online Profile. Two of my characters are showing up on my profile. One is the first character I created with the editor. So I feel like I should have the ring since it made it to the site. I appreciate the help.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:36 am

Something I just thought of...I was a little upset when playing as a human noble I got a cute little elf girl to sneak up to my room the night of the attack from Howe's men. I couldn't believe it when she opened the door and the arrow landed in her chest! I guess it was better than her dying in her bed alone that night?
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:56 am

Arashi wrote:Something I just thought of...I was a little upset when playing as a human noble I got a cute little elf girl to sneak up to my room the night of the attack from Howe's men. I couldn't believe it when she opened the door and the arrow landed in her chest! I guess it was better than her dying in her bed alone that night?

I remember that. Poor Iona. Dragon Age: Origins - Page 4 299723

My main is the noble Dwarf, Gimlim. He likes to smash things with big hammers.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:04 am

I'm going to go back on Aedan and start doing all the side quests now that I have a little more free-time.

Also is anyone going to go for that profile achievement that requires you to finish the game without the main character ever falling in battle?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:03 am

Found what I needed for you Arashi
Work through this and you can get ALL DLC items, I did.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/81613
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:18 am

Woot, just got Shale. I'm running a rogue, a warrior one handed plus shield, Shale (golem), and I (The royal dwarf line) two handed (sword and dagger). I'm heading to the mages now since I don't want to deal with magic wielders later in the game. Dragon Age: Origins - Page 4 890939

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:26 am

I finished about 80% of the game and main quest-line with a Human Mage/Arcane Warrior. Specializing in Tempest and Blizzards, Storm of the Century for the win =D
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Garr Talon wrote:Woot, just got Shale. I'm running a rogue, a warrior one handed plus shield, Shale (golem), and I (The royal dwarf line) two handed (sword and dagger). I'm heading to the mages now since I don't want to deal with magic wielders later in the game. Dragon Age: Origins - Page 4 890939

Typically it is the best idea to hit the mages first because you get Wynne there and she is the best healer in the game.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Carlen Darko wrote:
Garr Talon wrote:Woot, just got Shale. I'm running a rogue, a warrior one handed plus shield, Shale (golem), and I (The royal dwarf line) two handed (sword and dagger). I'm heading to the mages now since I don't want to deal with magic wielders later in the game. Dragon Age: Origins - Page 4 890939

Typically it is the best idea to hit the mages first because you get Wynne there and she is the best healer in the game.

Plus in the dreamscape you can pick up a lot of free stat points for exploring the entire place.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:58 pm

Yeah, most of them are cunning though.
Know what annoys me the most in DOA though? How there are so many things you need lock picking for, I suppose it gives more reason to have a party member with good cunning like a rogue though.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:Yeah, most of them are cunning though.
Know what annoys me the most in DOA though? How there are so many things you need lock picking for, I suppose it gives more reason to have a party member with good cunning like a rogue though.

If I recall correctly, there are 2~3 bonuses for each stat. You just have to use all the different shapemodes to get to them. Some of them are pretty sneaky to get to.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:25 pm

Kevlar wrote:
Tyren Vaal wrote:Yeah, most of them are cunning though.

If I recall correctly, there are 2~3 bonuses for each stat. You just have to use all the different shapemodes to get to them. Some of them are pretty sneaky to get to.

Really? I used the map and went to like every spot I could find... (mouseholes and spirit form places too,)

I think it was because I got the golem form last and I forgot to go back and check for doors to smash or something Confused

Last edited by Tyren Vaal on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:
Really? I used the map and went to like every spot I could find... (mouseholes and spirit form places too,)

I think it was because I got the golem form last and I forgot to go back and check for doors to smash or something Confused

Yeah, once you get the 4 modes, you have to go back through every zone to get all the bonuses.

Last edited by Kevlar on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Yeah that wasn't me who wrote that, I've sorted it out though.
I'm trying to go back to a few dungeons and get loot I missed out on from not having a party member with a high enough cunning.. it's annoying because I think a lot of loot is determined on what level you were when you came there (unless it's a unique item or something,) so sometimes I make a load of cash and find rooms that I somehow didn't notice on the map then sometimes I only make a really small amount of things to sell
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:29 pm

That is an awesome troubleshooter Quin, thanks for the link. I am gonna start by trying the my documents file being on a separate HD issue. I have the game installed on my F drive instead of my C. The game is so huge I didn't want to take up too much space on the SSD. Thanks again man.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:57 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:Yeah that wasn't me who wrote that, I've sorted it out though.
I'm trying to go back to a few dungeons and get loot I missed out on from not having a party member with a high enough cunning.. it's annoying because I think a lot of loot is determined on what level you were when you came there (unless it's a unique item or something,) so sometimes I make a load of cash and find rooms that I somehow didn't notice on the map then sometimes I only make a really small amount of things to sell

I wonder if you loose out on quests if you wait till after beating the archdemon to do them? Maybe a few.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:07 am

I just got to ozammar for the first time what guy sould i help make king? By the way is anyone playing this on the xbox version?
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next