Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age: Origins

+15
Korrin Valus
Beadle
Bahn Durm
Satarel Vao
Thalos
Carlen Darko
Ruka
Arashi Storm
Jacan Na'al
Tyren Vaal
Jeme'Maer
Quinlan Sa'athis
Romin Harth
Kevlar
Udumbara
19 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Post  Carlen Darko Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:20 am

I'm having a blast playing this game!
So far, all I've really done is 4 of this 6 origin stories.
I wanted to do those first before choosing the race/class to stick with.
So, unless the final two are better, I'm going with the Dwarven Noble race (awesome, awesome, awesome storyline) and Warrior class.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:58 am

I just played the drawf origins stories just now, its interesting how all the stories occurs regardless of your character race and background. It just alters the perspective from where you view the story from.

As for the big Drawf Noble betrayal thing, I saw that coming from a hundred miles off. Then again it could be because I'd already completed the later part of the Ozzarmar quest-line.

I've played all of the Races, Classes now. Still think Mage is the funest by far. Though because of the AOE friendly-fire, I had to play it on Easy mode, least my Storm of the Century own myself. Though I did handicap myself by having only one party member.

Thinking of starting again as a Elf Rogue maybe? On Impossible difficulty, though I donno, can't seem to work myself up to playing the entire story again.

Then again Assassin's Creed comes out in 5 days.

Last edited by Kevlar on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Kevlar wrote:I just played the drawf origins stories just now, its interesting how all the stories occurs regardless of your character race and background. It just alters the perspective from where you view the story from.

As for the big Drawf Noble betrayal thing, I saw that coming from a hundred miles off. Then again it could be because I'd already completed the later part of the Ozzarmar quest-line.

I've played all of the Races, Classes now. Still think Mage is the funest by far. Though because of the AOE friendly-fire, I had to play it on Easy mode, least my Story of the Century own myself. Though I did handicap myself by having only one party member.

Thinking of starting again as a Elf Rogue maybe? On Impossible difficulty, though I donno, can't seem to work myself up to playing the entire story again.

Then again Assassin's Creed comes out in 5 days.

I saw the betrayal as well but it was still very fun.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:42 am

I just beat dragon age orgins today LOL. Took about a week to knock it out. Gotta say it has a awesome story!
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:15 am

I am on my second play through now, I see a good 25 or so right off the bat probably more over its playable life.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Yeah, same, I just started on the second play through with a couple of mods, but I'm having real trouble playing for more then an hour at a time, now that I know whats going to happen.

Maybe when I've gotten ten or twenty mods and/or more side plots I'll start in again.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:27 pm

maybe in a year ill play it again. Great playing the first time, but once you know whats going to happen its like... ehhhh don't feel like playing. Also having trouble getting screenshots. No clue why it isn't uploading to the online profile.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:20 am

[img]Dragon Age: Origins - Page 2 Screen10[/img]

level 19 Warrior/Berserker/Champion

One of my favorite pics :P
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:06 am

I just got it Friday. (yes, late to the party, I know)
I'm enjoying it at the moment. I think I need to get into the combat system a bit more and to get more involved in the finer workings of the strategy-system, but so far.... I love it.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:23 am

I just got the game today.
Apparently there is also an expansion pack they released on the launch day somewhere too.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:50 pm

I think I saw an interview about this on good game, they said something like (and I could be mistaken) two years of DLC quests and stuff from the devs. It might have been more.
I will have to convince my friend to get this game to try it out. Main storyline goes for how long? Kev's 70 hours was for what?
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:02 am

erm, I think the main storyline alone is probably about 30ish hours or so, more or less. I spent a lot of time restarting and generally screwing around plus doing side quests.

Right now I'm going to wait for a few more DLC's and mods to come out before I attempt to start another round through.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:52 am

Well, some of the games (if not all of them) come with DLC for a playable character and armor (same armor will be on an account for Mass Effect 2, SWEET!!), so there's that DLC that I'm excited for, as well as the Warden one. Those are all that I know of for the DLC's.

Something I have a question about is the term "mods" that I've been seeing a couple of you guys posting in terms of this game. Could someone shed some light on this, please?
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:35 am

Bahn Durm wrote:Something I have a question about is the term "mods" that I've been seeing a couple of you guys posting in terms of this game. Could someone shed some light on this, please?

try googling Bioware Social, so far the modders working on the game have been posting mods there, the most useful one so far is a respec potion you can use to reset your characters stats so you can reapply all the points and talents into a new setup if you don't like how your current character build is.

There are also a couple god item sets, not really my type of thing, but you could check it out. Also there are some HD retexture projects up there.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:42 am

Ohhhh respec potion GIMMMIE!!!!!
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:22 pm

Wow. This game is SO badass.. it was between DA:O and Assassins Creed 2 for me, and I feel I made the right choice. Bioware, why are you so good? Making me spend so much of my money..
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:59 am

Satarel Vao wrote:Wow. This game is SO badass.. it was between DA:O and Assassins Creed 2 for me, and I feel I made the right choice. Bioware, why are you so good? Making me spend so much of my money..

I concur.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:20 am

With this game's greatness came the decision to trust in the EA controlled BioWare. Thus, I just pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 (Gamespot gives you that awesome armor!!). I feel like I can trust EA to not f*ck with anything that BioWare is designing. That makes me happy and hopeful for ME:2 and TOR.
But for now... Dragon Age makes me happy

.....even though I'm playing the game vicariously through my girlfriend >_<
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Korrin Valus Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:26 am

I am loving this game, what I don't like is the enormous number of bugs.

I really hope they do better for TOR.
Korrin Valus
Korrin Valus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:22 am

bugs Korrin? I personally haven't noticed any while I was playing, could you give a few examples?
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:55 am

Kevlar wrote:bugs Korrin? I personally haven't noticed any while I was playing, could you give a few examples?

What he said
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:59 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:
Kevlar wrote:bugs Korrin? I personally haven't noticed any while I was playing, could you give a few examples?

What he said

What they said...
Fenix
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Korrin Valus Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:39 am

The worst one was the first mission in the Fade when facing the Sloth Demon, none of my party members appeared with me when facing the final boss monster so I had to try taking on the demon by myself. As a low level Elf Rouge we can all guess how that ended. The only solution was go back to an earlier save and to revisit each nightmare until finally the party appeared with me when confronting the Sloth demon.

Less severe but no less annoying, about 50% of the transitions when entering ot leaving a building cause my PC to stall. It's not a crash, as such, but it simply does not continue loading the game. The solution I have found is to ALT-Tab out of the game and go back in, that seems to force the game to start responding again.

There are also graphics bugs such as Alistair still appearing to be running when the party stops. Nothing major but not up to Biowares usual excellent standards.

As I have aready patched the game, here's hoping that BW will start fixing some of these issue in future patches. The list of bugs on some Dragon Age forums is quite frightening if they all come to pass.
Korrin Valus
Korrin Valus

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:49 am

I haven't seen any of that Korrin.
It sounds like maybe a corrupt video driver, maybe reinstall your vid and sound drivers.
Reinstall the game too I think.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:25 am

then take apart your pc and put it back together again. That ought to take care of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next