Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age: Origins

+15
Korrin Valus
Beadle
Bahn Durm
Satarel Vao
Thalos
Carlen Darko
Ruka
Arashi Storm
Jacan Na'al
Tyren Vaal
Jeme'Maer
Quinlan Sa'athis
Romin Harth
Kevlar
Udumbara
19 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dragon Age: Origins Empty Dragon Age: Origins

Post  Udumbara Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:57 am

Anyone going to play this game? I could be mistaken, and I probably am, but isn't this one of the first, if not the first game to be released by Bioware since they were bought by Electronic Arts?

Anyone want to take votes on whether Bioware will deliver or succumb to the EA conglomerate?

Last edited by Udumbara on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age: Origins Empty Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Post  Kevlar Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:00 am

I'll definitely check it out, but I'm not really that hopeful. Mainly because in my experience anything that EA touches, dies.

C&C
System Shock
Need For Speed

the list goes on...
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Romin Harth Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:14 am

I never knew BioWare was bought out by EA... I just looked on Wiki and said they were bought by EA in 2007 the same year Mass Effect came out, so that was their last game without EA partnership.

I've never really had a bad experience with EA and I doubt they would be stupid enough to mess around with BioWare's genius. From what I've seen so far Dragon Age looks perfectly alright.
Romin Harth
Romin Harth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:22 am

Yeah, I didn't actually mind Mass Effect 1, though I thought that it could have been so much more then what it was.

I want to see 2 before I make judgment on bioware though. I have a bad feeling, but I'm willing to give bioware (EA) a chance. Mostly because bioware has almost always produced quality in the past.

I didn't always hate EA. I actually loved them back in the days they were 'Electronic Arts', before they turned all corporate and EAgheys
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am

Dragon Age is Bioware's baby, the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate with a linage such as that it has to be good.

I have already pre-ordered it.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:09 am

I am going to buy this. It is supposed to be good play.....and just look at the name.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Bioware have released the character creator.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/?sourceid=eag336
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Romin Harth Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Bioware have released the character creator.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/?sourceid=eag336

Very nice, I downloaded it a little bit ago and am messing around with it. I hope they do something like this with TOR.
Romin Harth
Romin Harth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:18 pm

What do you think of it so far Romin?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Romin Harth Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:What do you think of it so far Romin?

I think it's awesome so far. Graphics are great, there's a nice level of customization and everything looks very interesting. It's made me want to play the game more so I guess BW made a good decision by putting out this character creator.
Romin Harth
Romin Harth

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:37 pm

Romin Harth wrote:

I think it's awesome so far. Graphics are great, there's a nice level of customization and everything looks very interesting. It's made me want to play the game more so I guess BW made a good decision by putting out this character creator.

I LOVE when developers put out (offline) character creators and they even added the 'import into game' function which ROCKS, now if they decide to do this with TOR then pre-release we could spend hours or days perfecting our characters initial looks, perhaps write bios and the like then import them into the game when we go live. That would be awesome.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:
Romin Harth wrote:

I LOVE when developers put out (offline) character creators and they even added the 'import into game' function which ROCKS, now if they decide to do this with TOR then pre-release we could spend hours or days perfecting our characters initial looks, perhaps write bios and the like then import them into the game when we go live. That would be awesome.

I couldn't agree more. I actually posted a poll on the official forums to see if anyone was interested. Most were, but I was surprised to see some say no.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:47 pm

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Dragon Age is Bioware's baby, the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate with a linage such as that it has to be good.

I have already pre-ordered it.

Yes indeed and for that reason I will play it...
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks for the link to the character creator Quin. It looks like a cool game.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:08 am

Yeah I just ran through the character Gen a couple of times, can't wait to be totally honest, even though I'm a bit hesitant on Bioware/EA.

Lets just hopes that my fears are for nothing.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:40 am

Kevlar wrote:Yeah I just ran through the character Gen a couple of times, can't wait to be totally honest, even though I'm a bit hesitant on Bioware/EA.

Lets just hopes that my fears are for nothing.

You do know the same Bioware/EA company is making TOR, right? Are you hesitant on our game, too? ;)
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:43 am

Yup, and Mass Effect 2 as well.

Have hopes for all three games, but have a bad feeling, its in my experience that everything EA touches goes mainstream and soulless. Without innovation and content, just all "look! pwetty!".
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:11 am

In Bioware we trust......
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:11 am

Kevlar wrote:Yup, and Mass Effect 2 as well.

Have hopes for all three games, but have a bad feeling, its in my experience that everything EA touches goes mainstream and soulless. Without innovation and content, just all "look! pwetty!".

Well man while we are playing TOR I will try to keep our RP going for ya!
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:17 am

haha, what? I'm still going to be playing TOR obviously =P

Just I've got reservations, not hyping myself up, only to be disappointed.

Though to be totally honest, I think there will be less chance that TOR would be EAised then a game like dragonage or mass effect 2 would be.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:18 am

Personally, I can't wait for any one of these games...I'll most likely play them all a lot.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:58 am

Dragon Age Orgins is going to be aweomse. Want to know how I know? Because Baldur's Gate was! ;)
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Thalos wrote:Dragon Age Orgins is going to be aweomse. Want to know how I know? Because Baldur's Gate was! Wink

Yep I'm hoping after SWTOR that Bioware work on a Forgotten Realms MMO, that would be sweeet as! Smile
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:07 am

Forgotten Realms would be solid.. run into Drizzt and Artemis battling and choose a side.. that would be awesome. Obviously, after the battle I would own two new scimitars and a pet panther..
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:43 pm

I just finished Dragon Age: Origins as a arse kicking Arcane Warrior/Mage.

Dragon Age: Origins AngelitaAW
Arcane Warrior vs Golem?

Must say it was pretty fun overall, I restarted the game several times, did most of the origins story before settling on the mage.

I wish the game allowed you to cross class, I think a combination of arcane warrior (mage)/Duelist (rogue) would be absolutely unstoppable, you'd pretty much be able to solo the entire game. Dual-wielding two daggers at crazy insane speeds while wearing plate armor with magical shielding and weapon buffs. Pity you can't though =P

I guess in total I spent about 70 hours on the game?

Pity it has next to 0 replayability, especially since the game actually ends and doesn't just leave off on a free-roam state.

Ah well...

Mass Effect 2, here I come! =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next