Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age: Origins

+15
Korrin Valus
Beadle
Bahn Durm
Satarel Vao
Thalos
Carlen Darko
Ruka
Arashi Storm
Jacan Na'al
Tyren Vaal
Jeme'Maer
Quinlan Sa'athis
Romin Harth
Kevlar
Udumbara
19 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dragon Age: Origins - Page 3 Empty Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Post  Jacan Na'al Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:34 am

How to fix this:

You will need:
Masking Tape
Jack Daniels
Mouse (real one)

Directions:
Tape mouse to graphics card.
Drink JD's.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:46 am

Jacan Na'al wrote:How to fix this:

You will need:
Masking Tape
Jack Daniels
Mouse (real one)

Directions:
Tape mouse to graphics card.
Drink JD's.

I used Guinness... does that explain why my version of it didn't work out?
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:36 pm

I bet no one can guess what game i got for christmas... what no one ok its dragon age yay!!!!!
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 pm

Rebel marksman wrote:I bet no one can guess what game i got for christmas... what no one ok its dragon age yay!!!!!

You didn't even give us anytime to try and guess. *shame*
I was gonna go with Q*Bert, but I guess Dragon Age is just as cool with the kids these days.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Well Korin I have had one of the issues your having. I have to alt tab out from time to time as well. My temps are okay, but it still could be my card. I should have sent it back when I had the chance. Thats the only bug I have found, if its a bug.

Great game though! I am even more excited about TOR now. I don't care so much about the story in this one, but I know I will in TOR.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:24 pm

I loved the conversation mode Dragon Age Orgins did, and the story is fantasic. Im only looking forward to TOR even more.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:59 pm

What do you guys reckon is the better game out of KOTOR and Dragon Age Origins?

I just finished The Wardens Keep DLC and it was really good, and Bioware's planning on "two years worth of DLC's" to keep us going until the sequel is made (different development teams maybe?)
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:24 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:What do you guys reckon is the better game out of KOTOR and Dragon Age Origins?

I just finished The Wardens Keep DLC and it was really good, and Bioware's planning on "two years worth of DLC's" to keep us going until the sequel is made (different development teams maybe?)

Dragon Age: Origins is a great game, but KOTOR is timeless.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:58 am

Carlen Darko wrote:Dragon Age: Origins is a great game, but KOTOR is timeless.
I agree
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:29 am

I have to agree with Carlen and Ruka.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:27 am

I agree with you guys, KOTOR was the first game of it's kind that I ever played and with out I would have never gotten into Star Wars
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:26 am

Well I have started my second play through and I went to fight the dragon up in the mountain again and I am getting my arse wooped. I remember him being difficult the first time, but I remember beating him on the first try. I guess it could be that I am a lower lever right now.

I also thought I would try to use the cheat code for money so I could buy some things I couldn't the first time around, but I couldn't get it to work. I guess they may have cut the developer console out in a patch. I would be happy to earn the money, but I haven't found a way to make a lot of money. Does anyone know any tricks on making some good cash?

After playing this I am very confident about TOR. The only thing I really dislike about the game so far, which is really small, is the loot. I guess I am use to Oblivion where you get so much more loot of people. If you kill a guy you pretty much get everything he's wearing.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:46 am

Arashi wrote:If you kill a guy you pretty much get everything he's wearing.

Strangely enough, my favorite part about oblivion was when you kill a guy and look through his body, you discover you have to drop a couple of really nice items... to pick up his really awesome item (because you are packed to the brim with mad loot)
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:27 am

This will sort out your cash issues without unbalancing the game or needing a cheat.
Cash Money Lootz!!!!
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Did anyone get Wade's Superior Dragonbone armor by the end of the game?

Edit: Arashi, what you can do to make it easier is get the drake scales from the caverns, don't fight the dragon then go to Wade in Denerim and get him to make you drakescale armor which provides moderate protection against fire attacks...what class and level are you?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:15 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:This will sort out your cash issues without unbalancing the game or needing a cheat.
Cash Money Lootz!!!!

Many thanks Quin!! I will have to see if I can get that to work.

To Tyren, I got Wades superior in my first play through. I got the first set of armor from him before trying the Dragon on top. I tried again today and got him. It says to find a master armorer to get the scales crafted. I went to Orzamar to see if the armorer there would make better armor since Wade mentions when you first meet him that Dwarfs make better armor than him, but there was not an option for the armorer there to make it. I wonder if Branka or that Golem would make some armor with it after you defeat one or the other. I went with the Golem the first time around and I thought he said he would do something for me. Ofcourse he made the crown for Behlen, but I wonder if he would make armor, probably not.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:53 am

Arashi wrote:
Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:This will sort out your cash issues without unbalancing the game or needing a cheat.
Cash Money Lootz!!!!

Many thanks Quin!! I will have to see if I can get that to work.

To Tyren, I got Wades superior in my first play through. I got the first set of armor from him before trying the Dragon on top. I tried again today and got him. It says to find a master armorer to get the scales crafted. I went to Orzamar to see if the armorer there would make better armor since Wade mentions when you first meet him that Dwarfs make better armor than him, but there was not an option for the armorer there to make it. I wonder if Branka or that Golem would make some armor with it after you defeat one or the other. I went with the Golem the first time around and I thought he said he would do something for me. Ofcourse he made the crown for Behlen, but I wonder if he would make armor, probably not.

I'm sure you get all Dragon Armors from Wade, you I forget if there was 2 sets or 3 sets, but you need to get enough drake scales for him to make the 1~2 sets, then come back with the Dragon scales for him to make the master armor.

Its not really the best armor, but really useful if you have a mage who is heavy on fire, you let the tank wear the dragon armor and your mage can spam away to her/his heart content without worrying about wearing fire.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:40 am

On my second play through I decided to try the Wardens keep early on. The Wardens armor I got from the crazy woman is tier 3. I was wondering if anyone had played through at a later stage in the game and the armor came out a higher level?

About the dragon scale armor. I was reading a short piece of a walkthrough on the game and it said in the cave where you first get the scales that you fight 8 drakes. I can't remember how many there were on my first play through, but just recently when I went through there was only two. Anyone else think that 8 is too many? There were a ton of the smaller dragons, but only two of the drakes for me. It said you would get 6 scales to make two sets of armor. I only had two scales and Wade made the first set. I got another set from the dragon you call with the horn. Maybe I missed a section of the cave this time around. Also, I thought the second round of Drake armor was awesome and I wore it the entire game, mainly because I was trying to go with lighter armor. Did anyone pay the extra money when having it made? I'm curious how much better it is.

Anyone wanna post their character builds? I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone made.
My first play through I made a warrior Dwarf commoner. I specialized in two weapon fighting and Berserker. I wanted to try Reaver, but I couldn't find out where to unlock it.

On a different game, does anyone have an activation code for Medieval Total War 2 that they are not using? I lost the code that came with mine and I can't play it now because of that. It's not a huge deal, but my son acted like he wanted to check it out. I went through a few months ago and got rid of all my computer game cases. I thought I had saved all the codes, but I guess not.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:01 am

Arashi wrote:About the dragon scale armor. I was reading a short piece of a walkthrough on the game and it said in the cave where you first get the scales that you fight 8 drakes. I can't remember how many there were on my first play through, but just recently when I went through there was only two. Anyone else think that 8 is too many? There were a ton of the smaller dragons, but only two of the drakes for me. It said you would get 6 scales to make two sets of armor. I only had two scales and Wade made the first set. I got another set from the dragon you call with the horn. Maybe I missed a section of the cave this time around. Also, I thought the second round of Drake armor was awesome and I wore it the entire game, mainly because I was trying to go with lighter armor. Did anyone pay the extra money when having it made? I'm curious how much better it is.

I killed 8 drakes, you must have missed a couple of rooms, I try to explore dungeons methodically. Like always turn right at an intersection, backtrack from bosses unless you've explored all forks, etc.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:35 am

You get the Reaver class by choosing to side with the Cultists and placing blood within Andraste's ashes.. but if Leliana is with you she freaks out and attacks you along with the guy before the trials.

And definitly pay the extra money for the armor, because when you get the scale off of the High Dragon he creates Superior armor, which is like +25 stamina and some other stats. Nifty gear indeed.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:56 am

Arashi wrote:On my second play through I decided to try the Wardens keep early on. The Wardens armor I got from the crazy woman is tier 3. I was wondering if anyone had played through at a later stage in the game and the armor came out a higher level?

Yes it will be a higher level you can also level it up yourself but it costs.
Go to the smith at Soldiers Peak and sell him the armor, close the window and buy it back, it will take quite a few reloads before you manage to get each piece as Dragonbone. I suggest concentrating on one piece at a time and saving after each piece is finished.
Arashi wrote:
About the dragon scale armor. I was reading a short piece of a walkthrough on the game and it said in the cave where you first get the scales that you fight 8 drakes. I can't remember how many there were on my first play through, but just recently when I went through there was only two. Anyone else think that 8 is too many? There were a ton of the smaller dragons, but only two of the drakes for me. It said you would get 6 scales to make two sets of armor. I only had two scales and Wade made the first set. I got another set from the dragon you call with the horn. Maybe I missed a section of the cave this time around. Also, I thought the second round of Drake armor was awesome and I wore it the entire game, mainly because I was trying to go with lighter armor. Did anyone pay the extra money when having it made? I'm curious how much better it is.

There are 6 of them on normal and 6 scales needed for both sets of armor.
3 Attack you at the main cavern (where you first see them) then as you head up 2 attack you near the Overseer and as you move up again 1 attacks in the Egg chamber.
Arashi wrote:
Anyone wanna post their character builds? I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone made.
My first play through I made a warrior Dwarf commoner. I specialized in two weapon fighting and Berserker. I wanted to try Reaver, but I couldn't find out where to unlock it.

Will get around to it later :)

Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:15 am

To Quin - That is a nifty trick with the armor. I will have to try it out.

To Kev - I definitely missed one room. It's the path right where three attack. However when I went back to Wade I tried paying the extra money and the stats were the same. I wonder if you have to pay the extra amount both times to get the extra stats?
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 am

I believe you pay the extra money on both Drake armors and get the extra goodies on the Dragon armor at the end of it.
I have not tested this myself thou, I have paid both times but never checked the stats on the Dragon for any differences.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:21 am

Wow I have some catching up to do. I've just gotten past the part where you light the signal in the tower.

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:22 am

Garr Talon wrote:Wow I have some catching up to do. I've just gotten past the part where you light the signal in the tower.

You might not want to read these threads then Garr, they are full of spoilers.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next