Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age: Origins

+15
Korrin Valus
Beadle
Bahn Durm
Satarel Vao
Thalos
Carlen Darko
Ruka
Arashi Storm
Jacan Na'al
Tyren Vaal
Jeme'Maer
Quinlan Sa'athis
Romin Harth
Kevlar
Udumbara
19 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dragon Age: Origins - Page 6 Empty Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Post  Kevlar Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:49 am

bah, there isn't enough content changing mods yet to make the game interesting enough to replay, having the hardest time keeping my attention, I keep skipping all the dialogue.

Every coversation is (click)(click)(Esc)(click)(Esc).

going to wait a couple of more months and hope the modding community has spit out some more content mods by then.

The main problem is that the game isn't really built for extra content like for example fallout 3 is. Dragon age needs to be little more free-roam for content adds to be really effective.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:32 am

I wish it was free roam.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:03 am

Arashi wrote:I wish it was free roam.

That is my biggest upset.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:44 am

Gah, tried to play the game through with a human Nobel Rogue.

Couldn't do it, kept face planting on the keyboard when I fell asleep. So I downloaded a mod that let me respec my class!

So now I'm a Human Nobel Mage!! aha! madness! Fun! Mage is by FAR the funest class in the game, Grease Fire, Shattering people, Storm of the Century, Sleeping Nightmare!

MADNESS!
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:50 am

Where did you learn the Arcan Warrior spec? I think I have found all the others but that one. I might try that out some time down the road. I am playing a human noble rogue right now and love it. I use the duelist spec and I just went up against one of those Revenats or whatever they are called and he couldn't hit me. Since I downloaded the mod where you can get a potion to respec your character I have had a lot more fun. This way I can try out different specs. I also like being able to change some of my companions specs. Wynn had way too much healing. Having two mages in a group is kinda overkill though.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:01 am

Arashi wrote:Where did you learn the Arcan Warrior spec? I think I have found all the others but that one. I might try that out some time down the road. I am playing a human noble rogue right now and love it. I use the duelist spec and I just went up against one of those Revenats or whatever they are called and he couldn't hit me. Since I downloaded the mod where you can get a potion to respec your character I have had a lot more fun. This way I can try out different specs. I also like being able to change some of my companions specs. Wynn had way too much healing. Having two mages in a group is kinda overkill though.

Erm, I think the Arcane Warrior is a class you get from a ghost in a ruin some place, I forget exactly where it is.

You talk to the ghost and he tells you to free him or something and if you do he offers to teach you to become an Arcane Warrior.

Its the best mage sub-class, because one of the passive spells is the ability to use Magic instead of strength when using equipment.

So your Mage can wear the highest STR plate armor and wield a greatsword, should you feel like it.

Plus with Fade Shroud and the other buffs active, you simply can't be hit or spelled. (though it ends up giving you about 120% fatigue, which means every spell costs twice the mana)

The main reason why I love mage to be honest is storm of the century. Have some decent magic resist armor and gear, take a Frozen lightning to buff up your lightning resist.

Turn on spell might.
Cast Blizzard
Cast Tempest on same spot.
Sit back and do nothing, watch every enemy, elite and boss on the map die. (and your party members =P)
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:03 am

Arashi wrote:Where did you learn the Arcan Warrior spec?

This specialization can be unlocked while doing the Nature of the Beast quest line.

Floor: Lower Ruins

Map: Middle Right; left section of two outstretching quarters.

Landmark: Broken Stone Altar; the section looks like a ruined library with a broken altar. If you see this land mark and it specifically says "Broken Stone Altar", then you are in the correct room.

Position: It is hidden in the shadows of that room; it's not sparkling, so just use your controller on the area across from the broken altar, next to the headless statue if you are playing on a console. If you are playing on a PC press tab to highlight all interactable objects in the room.

Item: Phylactery. When you touch it you experience the memories of the last elven arcane warrior who has remained trapped inside of the phylactery for centuries. He offers to teach you the secrets of the Arcane Warriors in exchange for setting his spirit free by placing the phylactery on an ancient altar. While the spirit of the elf has been imprisoned for so long that it forgets where the altar is located, the altar is actually right beside the phylactery. By destroying the phylactery, you unlock the Arcane Warrior specialization for the mage.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:28 am

I'm an idiot. Thank you for all that Kev. I appreciate it, though I put the wrong one. For some reason I put Arcan Warrior, but the one I haven't found is Blood Mage. I actually just found the Arcane Warrior one a couple days ago. Thanks for the info though man.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:34 am

When you confront the demon enslaving Conner in the fade you can get the bloodmage option.
Main char must be a mage.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:When you confront the demon enslaving Conner in the fade you can get the bloodmage option.
Main char must be a mage.

That kinda sux, I was gonna have Morrigan try it out. Oh well.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:58 am

Just finished the Return to Ostagar add-on, pretty fun. Though as with all the premium content, absurdly short.

King Calib's Set (or what ever his name) is pretty decent mid-high level gear, pretty much made for Allester.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:43 am

Its released?

Or are you playing the bugged 360 version?
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:18 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Its released?

Nope, its a PC version and works as far as I can tell, went through the whole thing in about 30 minutes. Its not that long an add-on, though it gets kinda hairy at parts, swarms of darkspawn elites.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:20 am

Kevlar wrote:
Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Its released?

Nope, its a PC version and works as far as I can tell, went through the whole thing in about 30 minutes. Its not that long an add-on, though it gets kinda hairy at parts, swarms of darkspawn elites.

Did you buy it with Bioware points..?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:23 am

*Edited by mod*
Think about it......
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:58 pm

How are you playing it, its not released.....
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Torrents?
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 pm

You can't torrent something that is not available, the PC version has not been released for download.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:47 pm

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:You can't torrent something that is not available, the PC version has not been released for download.

Don't know whats going on then, but its definitely out there. And I'm fairly sure its the full version as well, not so pre-released unfinished rip.

Dragon Age: Origins - Page 6 Ostagar
This is just after finishing the add-on, killing the boss thing that is.
No spoilers, since boss thing isn't in screenshot.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:06 am

Hmmmmm
There is nothing about this being leaked on the net and there is no way your average Joe could convert the 360 version to work on the PC.

I would urge caution about using it though, there is a game-breaking bug in it that is why its delayed.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:08 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Hmmmmm
There is nothing about this being leaked on the net and there is no way your average Joe could convert the 360 version to work on the PC.

I would urge caution about using it though, there is a game-breaking bug in it that is why its delayed.

There might be, but I've already finished it and everything seems ok. So I donno.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:11 am

Did you level up while in the DLC?
The bug is to do with your specializations and if you hit it the character is f*ucked
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Did you level up while in the DLC?
The bug is to do with your specializations and if you hit it the character is f*ucked

Can't say I did, don't remember if I did actually, but I've played a bit more and I don't notice anything wrong so far. I'll keep you posted though.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:41 am

I saw someone mention downloading it from Torrents, but he didn't say what version it was for.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:21 am

It could have easily been pre-released for testing to a select group. Then they turn around and do the dirty.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next