Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age: Origins

+15
Korrin Valus
Beadle
Bahn Durm
Satarel Vao
Thalos
Carlen Darko
Ruka
Arashi Storm
Jacan Na'al
Tyren Vaal
Jeme'Maer
Quinlan Sa'athis
Romin Harth
Kevlar
Udumbara
19 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Dragon Age: Origins - Page 7 Empty Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:30 pm

So I finally finished a complete second play through. And this time around I can feel good about an almost COMPLETE play through. I was only 50 xp from making level 23! I'm curious, is there a way to not have the game just end on you where you can't do anything else? I was hoping to finish one quest I hadn't completed. I'm sure there were a few small quests I didn't make it through, but I got most. I would like to post my character up, but can't get him to load online. He was a rogue two handed weapon fighter. I feel that he would fairly easily beat my level 22 Warrior Dwarf. Both were two weapon fighters, but my rogue human was so hard to hit.

I just realized how many different endings this game could have! Wow, a lot. I'm curious what ending you all chose.

This time around I had Alistair marry Anora. So I killed Loghain and I slept with Morrigan so I could keep playing with this character. I was a little surprised that you could actually die if you didn't sleep with Morrigan. I thought for some reason I would still live. O fcourse I could have let Alistair die, but I couldn't let the king die. Anyway I played back through and slept with Morrigan.

Last edited by Arashi on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:23 pm

I am sure you saved before heading outside at the castle scene where you talk to everyone.
If you did reload let the credits run and you will get into the Epilogue.

Check your saves it may already be there.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:30 am

The most annoying thing about dragonage is that its so linear. I mean you can do stuff in different sequences of course.

But I wished it was a little more like oblivion or fallout 3, where if you wanted to, you could just decide to go for a walk and see what you run across.

Still waiting on some of the mod community to come up with something original and awesome, nothing yet. Seem like so far the majority of mods are fap mods. Which is completely pointless because its not like you spend 90% of the game with Morrigan's cloths off.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:04 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:I am sure you saved before heading outside at the castle scene where you talk to everyone.
If you did reload let the credits run and you will get into the Epilogue.

Check your saves it may already be there.

Thanks man.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:05 am

Kevlar wrote:The most annoying thing about dragonage is that its so linear. I mean you can do stuff in different sequences of course.

But I wished it was a little more like oblivion or fallout 3, where if you wanted to, you could just decide to go for a walk and see what you run across.

Still waiting on some of the mod community to come up with something original and awesome, nothing yet. Seem like so far the majority of mods are fap mods. Which is completely pointless because its not like you spend 90% of the game with Morrigan's cloths off.

The only two mods I used were the respec mod and the 75% sell back mod. I found these two mods very nice to have.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:32 am

Arashi wrote:
Kevlar wrote:The most annoying thing about dragonage is that its so linear. I mean you can do stuff in different sequences of course.

The only two mods I used were the respec mod and the 75% sell back mod. I found these two mods very nice to have.

You remember what the sell back mod was called? and where you found it? I can't seem to find it on Nexus.

Anyways, I should explain what I mean by original and awesome. If anyone has played the Fallout 3 mod Real Time Settler, will know what I'm talking about.

Basically I'm waiting for a mod that adds some form of creativity to the game, something totally still in line with the game play, but departed from the standard ideas.

Just off the top of my head, how about a mod for a new sandboxed zone of mishmashed sectors? Every time you come back the location and enemies are different, all the loot containers are reset and different too.

Kind like a script for generating random maps, as seen on games like Diablo?

Or a sector you can gather resources and stuff for to build up the sector, you start off with a empty peice of land, you can hire builders who you can then provide resources to build structures?

The structures then provide you some resources or taxes, which you can use to build more structures and buy stuff.

Finnally you end up with a massive town that you built?
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:35 am

Somehow I think a sandbox DOA would feel really repetitive.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Kevlar wrote:
Arashi wrote:

You remember what the sell back mod was called? and where you found it? I can't seem to find it on Nexus.

Anyways, I should explain what I mean by original and awesome. If anyone has played the Fallout 3 mod Real Time Settler, will know what I'm talking about.

Basically I'm waiting for a mod that adds some form of creativity to the game, something totally still in line with the game play, but departed from the standard ideas.

Just off the top of my head, how about a mod for a new sandboxed zone of mishmashed sectors? Every time you come back the location and enemies are different, all the loot containers are reset and different too.

Kind like a script for generating random maps, as seen on games like Diablo?

Or a sector you can gather resources and stuff for to build up the sector, you start off with a empty peice of land, you can hire builders who you can then provide resources to build structures?

The structures then provide you some resources or taxes, which you can use to build more structures and buy stuff.

Finnally you end up with a massive town that you built?

Maybe it hasn't been out long enough for someone to create all that stuff? Quin put a link to that mod a couple pages back.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:00 am

Return to Ostagar is now out in case anyone didn't know. I just found out today.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:18 am

LOL I stopped looking for it, sick of waiting.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:48 am

Arashi wrote:Return to Ostagar is now out in case anyone didn't know. I just found out today.

hehe, I won't say anything =P except that it is a fun little add-on while it lasts, but isn't very long.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:22 am

Yea I decided to make me a noble dwarven mage for a 2nd play through.
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:41 am

has anyone else lost complete interest in DAO? I might have just played it too much, but after beating it at least twice, good and evil, it seems to have lost a bit of its luster. Sad
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:57 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:has anyone else lost complete interest in DAO? I might have just played it too much, but after beating it at least twice, good and evil, it seems to have lost a bit of its luster. Sad

Haha, I did too. Same with Mass Effect 2, games with no multi-player or an extensive leveling system gets old after one or two play throughs.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:02 am

I think its because Bioware just makes the games too linear.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:14 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:I think its because Bioware just makes the games too linear.

yup, definitely, though I was kind of hoping that there would be a huge modding community for DragonAge.

But looks like not yet, atleast, last time I checked they were still all making item mods and making better nude skins.

I'm waiting for the Total Conversion mods or additional player campaign mods.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:04 am

Yeah Biowares games are shortlasted usually.
Maybe in a year or something it'll be interesting? I always play the KOTOR games every 13 months or something.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:47 am

I really thought the return to Ostagar was gonna be a lot better than that. I realized it was gonna be short, but that was disappointing.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:31 am

Yeah...maybe I should just start just playing them all at once or something.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7