Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OUF Battle Royale

+14
Jano Vas
Mictian
Quinlan Sa'athis
Satarel Vao
Gerard Halcyon
Tyren Vaal
Arashi Storm
Bahn Durm
Reicho Seitoshi
Toranilor
Jasterk Staren
Jeme'Maer
Jacan Na'al
Carlen Darko
18 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The OUF Battle Royale - Page 3 Empty Re: The OUF Battle Royale

Post  Carlen Darko Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:27 pm

As of right now, the standard tournament format will remain. However, if no more entries show themselves, then I will consider changing the bracket to a free-for-all. This will also depend on the entries and their willingness to change formats.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:46 am

Hey, Carlen. I kinda like where they are going with their ideas. If you REALLY need numbers then, should you be left with an odd number of participants, I will join. Until then, I shall remain where I'm at.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:57 am

Meh, imma give it a shot XD this is also gonna be my character in the SW Roleplay Section, haha

Character Name: Mictian Atreyu Vorenus

Species: Human

Class: Republic Trooper (Commando Unit)

Main Weapon: www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/trooper/images/ca4_800x257.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Blaster Assault Rifle. Built with sniper and anti-armor attachments, the assault rifle has gone through personal modifications (e.g. magazine, barrel, trigger) to maximise efficiency.

Secondary Weapons: Retractable knuckle plated vibroblade (as seen in Republic Commando). Grenades & Mines (Explosives basically). Deadly hand-to-hand combat.

Appearance: 1.8 metres tall. White skin tone. Muscular & Atheletic with an abstract tattoo on the back of his neck. However, not much of him is seen as he is usally in combat armor.

Clothing: www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/trooper/images/ca1_800x515.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Standard Regulation Republic Commando Combat Suit. Infrared, Night Vision, & Oxygen Converter built into the helmet. Sturdy yet versatile combat plating covered by a very thin energy field. Boots are padded to aid in stealth operations.

Short Bio:

Born in tatooine, Mictian was given away by his parents at birth to smugglers in the hope that he would be free from the clutches of slavery. He never knew who his biological parents were, growing up onboard a starship, never on a planet for too long. They taught him much as a child, such as the complexities of a droid or of the infite universe that is the computer. However, when he turned 14, a teenager, the starship he called home, was attacked by a sith destroyer.

With the ship nearly destroyed, and half the crew dead, the smugglers sent their children into their only functioning escape pod. Mictian and his brothers watched as the ship was eradicated by the sith destroyer, in dread and despair over what has happened, and what is to come. When they landed on the nearest planet, which was later known to be Taris, they were attacked by vicious monsters.

Only Mictian survived, and he spent the rest of his teenage years doing odd jobs, stealing and fighting to survive, learning the tricks of the trade, and at the age of 18, he eventually found himself a stowaway on board, what seemed to him as a smuggler's ship. Little did he know that he had actually landed himself onboard a republic ship, smuggling a senator back to coruscant.

His presence was detected by the jedi onboard, as they claim that they could sense the force about him. However, the Jedi knew that he was too old to begin training with the Order, despite being force sensitive. Nevertheless, the Senator took interest in him, and sent her guards to apprehend him. He was then given an offer; fight for the republic or be sent to prison.

He was stronger and faster than an average human, reflexes that rival that of a jedi and a mind that has been honed to perfection. Two years of basic training, and the generals saw his potential, sending him to undergo training to be part of the republic's elite commando unit. A year or so later, when he was ready and fully prepared, the treaty of corusant was signed, and he was deployed.

Hope i made it in time ><

Last edited by Mictian on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar mistakes here and there :P)
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:48 am

Nice, another one joins the Royale. Good work Mictian!

And Gerard, you might as well type one up.. I believe Mictian puts it to an odd number so your application would be greatly appreciated. Plus I would like to see this get beyond a five person death-match.

This is a great idea and I'd personally like to see some of the more active members take part.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:53 am

Thanks Mictian for putting in the effort to let this battle royale grow.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:12 am

It's all good, i was planning on joining the first time i saw it a few days ago, but didnt have time to write up and application XD
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:23 pm

Crap. Is it too late to jump in? I've been working on my background when I could but have no time to get it done at the moment.... could have it up tomorrow.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:29 pm

Bahn Durm wrote:Crap. Is it too late to jump in? I've been working on my background when I could but have no time to get it done at the moment.... could have it up tomorrow.

nope its not too late :D
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jano Vas Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:34 pm

This is interesting. I am going to sit this out and see how it goes since I have never done anything like this before.

Last edited by Jano Vas on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jano Vas
Jano Vas

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:47 pm

Honestly,I'm lazy and if I type something up I'm just gonna copy and paste from my RP profile. But, it looks like you have your numbers. I'll still be in reserve if you need me.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:59 am

Gah I wish I knew how to handle a video program, I got so many ideas. What program would you use anyway? Like Adobe Flash??

I am thinking of writing a text (and I *will* write a bio) though.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Jano Vas Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:26 am

Gatho wrote:Gah I wish I knew how to handle a video program, I got so many ideas. What program would you use anyway? Like Adobe Flash??

I am thinking of writing a text (and I *will* write a bio) though.

Depends on the level of video you want. Windows Movie Maker is a great (and free) entry-level program to run with. Not as nice as iMovie IMHO but still good to go.
Jano Vas
Jano Vas

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:37 am

I use vegas 6.0, but its around 200 dollars and they are up to 8.0 now, so i would just try out windows movie maker.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Sorry I was being a little unclear; If I would make like an anime/cartoon movie with own creations, what program would I use? What I'm thinking of is probably far too advanced, meh.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:14 pm

Gatho wrote:Sorry I was being a little unclear; If I would make like an anime/cartoon movie with own creations, what program would I use? What I'm thinking of is probably far too advanced, meh.

I am currently educating myself in this simple animation program called Anime Studio Debut 6. It's not great, but it gets the job done. There's a whole bunch of crap involved in it.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:02 am

Animating is one of the single most time consuming and difficult thing you can do. Good luck to you sir!
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:39 am

THE SUBMISSION DATE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 07/10/09.
When we reach that date, there will not be any more extensions.
The tournament will begin soon after.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:57 am

hahhh (crowd cheers)
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:57 am

Lemme know about a week before deadline if you need me... i'll post a new thread explaining...
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Gerard Halcyon wrote:Lemme know about a week before deadline if you need me... i'll post a new thread explaining...

Will do.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:53 pm

Bahn Durm wrote:
Gatho wrote:Sorry I was being a little unclear; If I would make like an anime/cartoon movie with own creations, what program would I use? What I'm thinking of is probably far too advanced, meh.

I am currently educating myself in this simple animation program called Anime Studio Debut 6. It's not great, but it gets the job done. There's a whole bunch of crap involved in it.

Alright, intresting... I'll check it out if I get my hands on it.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:02 am

10 DAYS REMAIN

to submit your applications
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:38 am

Alright, guys. After (almost) a year of being away from my woman, I have just spent 4 AMAZING days with her all to myself and feel fresh! I WANT IN THIS THING! I'll throw up my application tomorrow when I have more time!
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:39 am

Right on dude, we needed someone to take Jastarks place. Welcome to ze battle royale.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:42 am

I know this is off-topic/spam but, my blood is pumpin like NEW and I want to get my CREATIVE on! XD

That woman is THE BEST! I FRIGGIN LOVE HER!
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next