Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OUF Battle Royale

+14
Jano Vas
Mictian
Quinlan Sa'athis
Satarel Vao
Gerard Halcyon
Tyren Vaal
Arashi Storm
Bahn Durm
Reicho Seitoshi
Toranilor
Jasterk Staren
Jeme'Maer
Jacan Na'al
Carlen Darko
18 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The OUF Battle Royale - Page 5 Empty Re: The OUF Battle Royale

Post  Kevlar Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:22 am

hehehe, damn, for the battle format. I was all keen to write a full page scene of where Alicia and the contestant both agree that the fight was stupid and proceed to the nearest cantina where they drink themselves into a stupor on Juma Juice.

And Alicia wins because her implants kept her from passing out 10 seconds longer then her competitor. haha

But I think I'll pass on the competition for this time. I have a few other things I really need to be doing. Maybe the next Battle Royale
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:58 am

2 HOURS REMAIN!!
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:08 am

Since it appears the last position cannot be filled, will there be a 3-way battle or will someone have to wait out the first round?
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:48 am

WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS

Further steps in the Royale shall commence soon. All those who are contestants, please be readying your hands to create epic battles...
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullis Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Damn....

If a vacancy comes up and you consider taking new applicants let me know.
Cullis
Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:01 pm

Cullis wrote:Damn....

Once this one is over I'm sure there will be a second one on the horizon...whether Carlen hosts it next time or not, so make sure to have something creative up your sleeve.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullis Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:
Cullis wrote:Damn....

Once this one is over I'm sure there will be a second one on the horizon...whether Carlen hosts it next time or not, so make sure to have something creative up your sleeve.

Definitely. Looking forward to the tourney =)
Cullis
Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Well, Carlen is on leave at the moment, so maybe when he comes back he might accept new applicants, I know they are at odd numbers at the moment.

Maybe he will let one person do a late entry. You should write up a Bio for a character anyways, just so when you past trial you can join in our RP's =)
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullis Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:19 pm

No worries, happy to sit this one out and check out the battle anyway =)
Cullis
Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:28 am

hehe, if noone is going to take the stand, I will happily take over, though it would be best if a judge took power over a participant.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:06 pm

Jeme'Maer wrote:hehe, if noone is going to take the stand, I will happily take over, though it would be best if a judge took power over a participant.

*ponders what tournament would be like with Jeme overseeing*
Wha... Jeme... how..... how did you already win the tournament when it hasn't even begun...?
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:11 pm

Bahn Durm wrote:
Jeme'Maer wrote:hehe, if noone is going to take the stand, I will happily take over, though it would be best if a judge took power over a participant.

*ponders what tournament would be like with Jeme overseeing*
Wha... Jeme... how..... how did you already win the tournament when it hasn't even begun...?

*walks over to Bahn, Bansaber in hand*
I really dont know how I won, everyone just seemed...... to be banned.... for some unknown reason I guess. Muahahahaha (que twilight zone)
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:13 am

It would be nice to get this thing rolling. I've finally got my regular schedule back on track and now I'm bored during the day...
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:50 pm

Well, does any one want to take over as the host?

What exactly does the host have to do? Does anyone actually know? I might be keen to do it.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:26 am

I'm also able to be the host for this. I'm already a judge so I guess it couldn't hurt.. and Kev, you're a participant, aren't you?

As for the host duties, I assume at this point is just to figure out who will be battling who and give everyone involved the possibility to start writing. So, with that said.. Kev if you are not part of it you can take over. If you are a participant, I'll take over. Let a brother know.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:32 am

nope, I didn't sign up for it at the time.

Also, I thought the host was responsible for setting the scene of the duel etc.

or is it more a self-created story type of deal?
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:39 am

Kevlar wrote:nope, I didn't sign up for it at the time.

Also, I thought the host was responsible for setting the scene of the duel etc.

or is it more a self-created story type of deal?

I'm pretty sure the writer has complete creative control after they find out who their opponent is.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:00 am

So, are we going on with this? I'm itchin to get my write on and I need something to occupy my time with. I'm all cooped up in the house and I'm losing my mind by playing WoW all the time...
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:54 am

Satarel, why don't you get this thing rolling. I will join in if you need an extra person.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Deal. I'll look over everything in a couple of hours.. I need to go see Inglorious Basterds but once I get back I'll fire up this competition and let everyone know who their opponent will be. Be ready to write boys.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:56 am

Alright, so I've been trying to figure out the matches but we've run into a little snag. Two of the contestants might not be participating anymore. Jasterk was the first to sign up, but since then he has unfortunately parted from the guild because of a busy schedule. The other would be Mictian, who hasn't visited the site in 25 days so I'm not too sure if it would be wise to pair him against anyone.

So that leaves us with an uneven number of five, consisting of Toranilor, Jeme, Reicho, Gerard and Bahn.. which is one big dirty force using brawl. If there was anyone who was hesitant before but would enjoy participating in this now, it would be awesome if you could submit an application by the end of the night, which is more than likely some other crazy time for the rest of the guild. I'd like to have them posted by 2am EST Wednesday.. about seven hours from this post.

If no one else joins, I'll just figure something out with the five current participants.

Again, that is seven hours from this post.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 am

I will post an application then. I don't have much time to come up with this, but I hope it will suffice.

Character Name:Arashi Storm
Species:Twi'lek
Class (Smuggler, Jedi, etc):Trooper
Weapon (Describtion of the weapon as well please):A cortosis? coated small blade, a couple small throwing knives, some sort of blaster pistol, and a big freaking rifle blaster
Appearance (What your character looks like: A trooper?
Clothing (What your character is wearing):Full armor
Short Bio (Consisting of 3 paragraphs or less):
Known History: Born on Ryloth and left his family at the age of 15 to find work because his family was very poor. He immediately found work for a cargo transporting company on Kuat. His Kuati transport frighter was highjacked by some Mandalorian pirates not even a year after signing on with them. That is the last known history of Arashi.

Other History: One of the Mandalorians, Atin Vau, decided to adopt Arashi because of how hard he fought the pirates when they took over the freighter. This was against Arashi's will. Atin took Arashi back to the planet Mandalore to teach him of the Mandalorian ways. There he learned melee weapons, hand to hand, and ranged fighting. He also learned about explosives, piloting ships, and stealth. Arashi learned to love the Mandalorian culture. But he was not a ruthless stone cold killing type. After ten years of training he set out into the galaxy to do his part in the war against evil. More to come...
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:14 am

Nice! Good work Arashi. That evens the competition out.. until the second round, but we'll worry about that when it happens. Still almost two hours left until the deadline, so get on it if you want to be part of the first ever OUF Battle Royale! I would prefer two more people if any, but if it ends up being an odd number again I'll just deal with it, because the more people there are then the more exciting battles get to be created.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:59 am

APPLICATIONS CLOSED!

Time to announce the match ups for the first ever OUF Battle Royale!

Toranilor Silahathol vs Jeme Maer

Reicho Seitoshi vs Gerard Halcyon

Bahn Durm vs Arashi Storm

And just in case the following contestants make it back to compete..

Mictian Vorenus vs Jasterk Staren

Contestants have until September 9th to submit their respected piece of fanfiction.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Lets get it on! lol
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content