Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OUF Battle Royale

+14
Jano Vas
Mictian
Quinlan Sa'athis
Satarel Vao
Gerard Halcyon
Tyren Vaal
Arashi Storm
Bahn Durm
Reicho Seitoshi
Toranilor
Jasterk Staren
Jeme'Maer
Jacan Na'al
Carlen Darko
18 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The OUF Battle Royale Empty The OUF Battle Royale

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:51 am

The 1st Annual OUF Battle Royale

Welcome to the first ever Order of the Unifying Force Battle Royale Tournament! Over the course of the next week, I will be excepting applications for contestants. At that point, those contestants will be randomly matched up in a bracket and the battling will begin.

Once the bracket has been made, each contestant will be responsible for creating a short fanfiction, a comic strip, or a video that involves their character defeating their bracketed opponent in battle. After the submission date has arrived, the judges will begin deliberating and will choose the best created battle. We will also hold a public poll to help in our deliberations. Writing ability, drawing ability, and video creation ability will not hinder you as long as you try hard and let your imagination flow.

Any contestant that does not submit their entry by the due date will automatically be disqualified.

The Prize: An exclusive "Champion" rank and signature
Also, please note that any non-guild member participating in this tournament be looked highly upon for admission to the guild.

The Judges:

I. Carlen Darko
II. Satarel Vao (Grand Vizier)
III. Jacan Na'al (Supreme Commander)
IV. Quinlan Sa'athis (Grand Inquisitor)

Contestants:

Jasterk Staren
Toranilor Silahathol
Jeme Maer
Reicho Seitoshi
Mictian Vorenus
Gerard Halcyon
Bahn Durm
Arashi Storm

Tournament Entry Rules:

Fanfiction Entry - You will be required to write at least five paragraphs of text concerning the battle between your character and your opponent. This may be written in any form: first person, third person, etc. All that is required of your fiction is that your character must win the battle (duh) and you must describe your opponent accurately using their application as a reference.

Art Entry - You will be required to draw out the battle in comic book format consisting of a minimum of 6 panels. You may have any style of art so long as it is not derogatory in any way (no nudists, please). As with the fiction, you must win and your reflection of your opponent must be accurate, so please use their application as a reference.

Video Entry - You will be required to submit a video consisting of a 2 minute minimum. Your video may be in any style: real, anime, cartoon, etc. Again, as with the fiction and art, you must win the battle and must reflect your opponent in a respectable fashion, so please use the applications as reference.

The Contestant Application:

Character Name:
Species:
Weapon (Describtion of the weapon as well please):
Appearance (What your character looks like:
Clothing (What your character is wearing):
Short Bio (Consisting of 3 paragraphs or less):

Please have your contestant applications submitted to this thread by no later than 07/10/09

THE SOONER THE BETTER!

Last edited by Carlen Darko on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 31 times in total
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

The OUF Battle Royale Empty Re: The OUF Battle Royale

Post  Jacan Na'al Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:21 am

I quite like this idea.

Possible ideas I have for prizes are:

Champion rank (appears under your avatar)
Champions signature
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:28 am

Jacan Na'al wrote:I quite like this idea.

Champions signature

Those are fantastic prize ideas.
I would either vote for the signature or both.
The idea of the rank is awesome but could cover up a different rank that they would rather have listed.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:43 am

Carlen Darko wrote:
Jacan Na'al wrote:I quite like this idea.

Champions signature

Those are fantastic prize ideas.
I would either vote for the signature or both.
The idea of the rank is awesome but could cover up a different rank that they would rather have listed.

I quite like the idea of this battle royale. I also like the prize of champion rank, though if the person who wins, wants to also show his rank, why not have "Champion of the OUF" under his enlisted rank. On the other hand, the winner can forsake his rank and become just the "champion of the OUF" showing that he is the best of the best, not needing any other rank telling him otherwise.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 am

Well i havent been accepted yet but i really want to do this, should i wait till the ten days are up and stuff or post my app now? I allready typed one up.

Mabey just a custom signature that says OUF battle royal champion june, 2009

then there could be multipal battle royals over time and different people would have the sigs and stuff.
kinda like poker or wrestling where you get a belt or a bracelet.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:00 am

Jasterk Staren wrote:Well i havent been accepted yet but i really want to do this, should i wait till the ten days are up and stuff or post my app now? I allready typed one up.

The sooner, the better!
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:00 am

great, here it is then. if there are any flaws or something please say so.

Character Name: Jasterk Staren

Species: Human

Class: Bounty Hunter/ Freelance smuggler

Weapon: cortosis plated vibrosword and duel blaster pistols. The upper left one--- http://swtor.com/media/concepts/bounty-hunter-2 just because bioware hasnt said how these pistols function ill say that they have a revolving cylinder with 8 emiters inside that allows sustained fire from the blasters without overheating.

Appearance- 6 ft, caucasian skin, most of face covered by a bandana. Just think of him as a space cowboy with sword fighting skills and a fast draw. Like clint eastwood and zorro combined.

Clothing: http://swtor.com/media/concepts/smuggler-outfit-1 with pieces of bounty hunter armor,

gauntlets, chest plates, shin plates, crotch plates, back plates. The sword hangs on his left side from his belt on a swivel that allows it to hang parallel to his leg, helping with concealment and movement.

Short Bio: Jasterk staren grew up with constant loss and death, born in 3,681 BBY at the beginning of the great galactic war, he had a tough life. He was born during the raid on Sluis Van where both of his parents, his father a Jedi and mother a bounty hunter, were killed by a turbo laser blast as they fended off sith soldiers. Another bounty hunter and friend of Jasterks mother picked him up and managed to escape the sith and slip through their fleet. The man, Gale Yerst, felt obligated to take care of Jasterk, and brought him up as a bounty hunter, the only way he knew.

Now Jasterk is a bounty hunter and an outlaw, picking up jobs where he can, and gaining a reputation of being good at what he does. His pistols were once Gales but in a battle with a dark Jedi Gales head was severed. It rolled across the deck of their ship which had been force docked with a sith battle cruiser, and the sight was to much for Jasterk. In his rage jasterk pulled Gales vibrosword from its sheath and defeated the dark jedi.

Maybe by luck or maybe because his father was a Jedi, Jasterk took the siths light saber and fought his way to the core of the battle cruiser and using a thermal detonator destroyed the ships reactor. He then flew to an unknown location on the edge of space, and came back with the makings for a reputation. With one sith cruiser under his belt Jasterk isn’t going to stop, whenever he comes across a dirty sith, or an unwelcome fool, vengeance is his.

Last edited by Jasterk Staren on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:37 am; edited 7 times in total
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:04 am

To clarify the custom Champion Rank: It will replace under your avatar that says Forum Adept or Master, Initiate. Currently the only people that have custom ranks are Elder Councillors and Ambassadors from other guilds. So it is definitly an option to have the rank 'Champion'.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:05 am

Sounds good jacan. I hope to face these men in epic battle!
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:09 am

That is a good first entry. Just keep visiting back as the countdown to 06/26/09 continues. On that date, all of the contestants will be listed!
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:20 am

Roger, will do.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:44 am

Good idea Carlen! Ultimate RP battle!

My application;

Character Name: Toranilor Silahathol

Class: Jedi Guardian

Weapon: Single bladed blue lightsaber

Clothing: A long, black hooded cloak, removable in combat.
Loose fitting clothes, enabling agile movement and actions.

Short Bio: Toranilor was born into relative security on Coruscant, to engineer parents. Early on in his life his parents fostered in him a fascination with space-craft engines, none more-so than his father. As a result of this, Toranilor has become somewhat of a prominent mechanic, being able to build and repair engines and various other combustion contructs. This engineering background has made Toranilor into a very resourceful person, able to turn almost any situation to his advantage.

Before he was accepted into the Jedi order, Toranilor practiced the archaic human duel sport known as fencing. Becoming proficient at an early age, Toranilor soon surpassed his masters with his fluid movements and strong attack. Seeking a greater challenge, Toranilor saught out the Jedi order, and was accepted into their ranks.

As a Jedi, Toranilor merged his fencing powress with lightsaber combat, creating a unique style of fighting and accentuating his ability at dueling. However, Toranilor also studied the third form os lightsaber combat, Soresu, and became renowned for his impregnable guard. Toranilor's training was not force-defecient either; he is competent at force heal, jump and speed, as well as being trained at force sheild.

Also, what will be the length of the fan fiction? Is there a limit?
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:21 pm

Im loving this idea of Battle Royal

My application-
Character Name:Jeme Maer

Species:Nautolan

Class:Jedi Guardian

Weapon:Lightsaber (purple http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hurrikaine_crystal)

Clothing:Jedi apparel with very light and durable chest, shoulder,crotch, and leg trooper armor, worn under the robe, attached to the tunic.

Jeme Knuxx was Born on Glee Anselm to the family of Lith and Jemar Knuxx. At the age of five, Jeme stumbled upon the remains of a crippled starfighter, its pilot mortally wounded.Fearing for the dying pilot's life, Jeme dragged the fallen pilot home to his family. As a year passed, Jeme learned that the pilots name was Tybar Monassus, a jedi of much knowledge in the force. At age six, Jeme Knuxx had shown a glimmer of force sensitivity that Jedi Tybar decided to exploit, hence making Jeme his unofficial apprentice. Over the next several years, Jedi Tybar had become a father to him, teaching him of the ways in the force, teaching him the basics of what a student at the academy would be taught.

On his ninth birthday, Jeme noticed smoke coming from the direction of the dry colony. Upon ariving, Jeme, in horror, finds building destroyed, and bodies burning, his colony destroyed by a Sith raid. Jeme confronted the Sith in revenge of his fallen family and mentor.

Jeme was smuggled offworld, left to survive the streets of Coruscant. Needing something to suppress his ever horrifying nightmares of that day, Jeme became addicted to spice in order to forget. Jeme was found and taken in by the Jedi when he was nine. At the age of eighteen, Jeme started training in the art of Shii-Cho, honing his skills against multiple enemies, yet closing his guard to prevent any gaps when facing a single enemy. Throughout the temple, jedi tried to imitate his mix of standard training, and the training of Shii-Cho, though lacking the aggressiveness and concentration to achieve it. Among his other proficiencies was the more aggressive makashi, which he had primarily used during his time in the Sith academy on Korriban, until being forced into exile. Jeme later cast away his allegiance to the Sith, and took refuge within the Jedi order where he was soon knighted then cast out of the order in disgrace, due to political reasons, at the age of twenty-one, because of his damaged pride, he had forsaken his family name to the publics name for him, Jeme Maer or "Young One's Guilt. . In the short Time of him being banished from the order, Jeme Maer had aquired knowledge on the technique of Dun Moch, using distraction and doubt, installing fear into his enemies without laying a finger. In the crowded streets of Coruscant, Jeme Maer was confronted by an official, confirming that he was a representative of the Order of the Unifying Force. Being interested in this offer, Jeme took the mans offer shortly after in joining the order.

Last edited by Jeme'Maer on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:54 pm

Wonderful entires, everyone! Keep them coming!

Tor, to answer your question: The length of your fanfiction will not matter as long as you submit it in the time given when the tournament begins. Most likely we will do a one week time frame, but that is to be decided once all contestants are bracketed.

The fourth and final judge has been named! See the first post to see the line-up.

*8 DAYS REMAIN TO SUBMIT ENTRIES*
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Character Name: Reicho Seitoshi

Class:Jedi Guardian

Weapon: Double Bladed Lightsaber (Permafrost crystal with Rubat and Sigil power crystals)

Appearance: 6'1", white skin color, athletic body, scar across face from left side of face above eye to the chin, face is usually covered by hood.

Clothing: Jedi Knight Outfit with white form fitted light armor, Jedi Robe with hood, and lightsaber and utility belt.

Found by Jedi at a young age on an Outer Rim territory. After spending some time with the Jedi, he was taken to the Jedi Temple and was allowed to become a jedi at the age of 7. Through all of his time training at the temple and with his master he showed great promise as a lightsaber combatant and a strategist. He was knighted at the age of 19 after completing all of the trials.

As a Jedi he was very skilled in lightsaber combat and would try his hardest to train to become better and better in what he wished to do. He continued training himself in the ways of the jedi and as a strategist for the few years to come.

He left the Jedi Order at the age of 21 because he had lost faith in how the masters wished the force to be used. After that he disappeared from society and was not seen for a few years. He then was found by a member of the Order of the Unifying Force, where he was asked to join if he wished to extend his knowledge of the force.

Last edited by Reicho Seitoshi on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Reicho Seitoshi
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:18 pm

Reicho, you've been added to the list of Prospective Candidates! Keep watching the first post for updates!

Last edited by Carlen Darko on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Good to hear.
Reicho Seitoshi
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:11 pm

I have been asked through messages if fanfiction is the only medium allowed. After much consideration, I have decided that, no, other media formats may be used.
The Allowed formats are as such:

I. Fanfiction
II. Art (Comic book format)
III. Video

This will be updated to the first post.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:23 am

The bracket image has been placed in the first post.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:38 am

This is going to be cool, im going to pick an epic place to battle, like on a exploding battleship bridge or the middle of a sandstorm on tatooine.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:41 am

I'm totally down, but need to write out my app.
Have that up tonight.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:17 am

To clarify to those who do not understand the other mediums, I will describe what is expected of each type:

Fanfiction Entry - You will be required to write at least five paragraphs of text concerning the battle between your character and your opponent. This may be written in any form: first person, third person, etc. All that is required of your fiction is that your character must win the battle (duh) and you must describe your opponent accurately using their application as a reference.

Art Entry - You will be required to draw out the battle in comic book format consisting of a minimum of 6 panels. You may have any style of art so long as it is not derogatory in any way (no nudists, please). As with the fiction, you must win and your reflection of your opponent must be accurate, so please use their application as a reference.

Video Entry - You will be required to submit a video consisting of a 2 minute minimum. Your video may be in any style: real, anime, cartoon, etc. Again, as with the fiction and art, you must win the battle and must reflect your opponent in a respectable fashion, so please use the applications as reference.

I do hope that this sums up what is expected of your entries. Cheers!

*This has been updated to the first post*
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:25 am

I really want to RP with you guys now, i remember doing a huge battle and fighting a sith lord with a guildmate a while back, had like the entire guild involved, 20-30 people at the time, all involved in a huge land battle and then the sith fleet showed up and we almost died then JUST in time the mandalore showed up with a republic fleet. and all the while me a bounty hunter were battleing a sith lord on a bridge. Then the sithlord almost killed my friend and i was on the ground unable to stand from a lightsaber wound and my flame thrower was out of fuel!!! so i hooked the tube up to my jet pack and engulfed the sith lord in flames, upon which time my friend decapitated the dirty sith.

EPIC-WIN.....just so epic....

OHHH! but before the mandalore showed up i led a mandolorian assault team into the sith capital ship and took it over, but it exploded and i fought through the sith then escaped....then it blew in half..epic
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:29 am

All hopeful contestants that have already submitted an application:

This includes -

Jasterk Staren
Toranilor Silahathol
Jeme Maer
Reicho Seitoshi

Please note that the application has an added section called "Appearance" directly above "Clothing".
If you would be so kind, please go back into your application post and edit this new section in. This section will help your opponents better describe you in their entry. This will make for a better sense of roleplay.

Thank you!
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:44 am

Nice Carlen.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content