Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OUF Battle Royale

+14
Jano Vas
Mictian
Quinlan Sa'athis
Satarel Vao
Gerard Halcyon
Tyren Vaal
Arashi Storm
Bahn Durm
Reicho Seitoshi
Toranilor
Jasterk Staren
Jeme'Maer
Jacan Na'al
Carlen Darko
18 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The OUF Battle Royale - Page 2 Empty Re: The OUF Battle Royale

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:49 am

nice..So are you able to kill the other character, or just have him submit defeat in the end?
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:53 am

I think the submitting or getting knocked out would be the more republic type of thing to do.
Reicho Seitoshi
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:55 am

Reicho Seitoshi wrote:I think the submitting or getting knocked out would be the more republic type of thing to do.

Well, if thats the case. If they are Sith, my character has a hatred for them, so they will be killed I guess. If its another Jedi, I will let them live.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:56 am

Good to hear I'm not a fan of dying.
Reicho Seitoshi
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:29 pm

You've gone to quite an extent to plan this Carlen, I'd be interested to watch these entries, doubt I'll join in though.

Creativity hurts me.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:28 am

As per the "dying" in your battle, it doesn't really matter.
It is a story, or art, or video after all...it's just a simulation.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:19 am

What exact video would you mean...?
Would you have to animate it? Or could you just do something like get your character from KOTOR and fight Malak...?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:39 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:What exact video would you mean...?
Would you have to animate it? Or could you just do something like get your character from KOTOR and fight Malak...?

More animated. Simply taking a video game character and fighting isn't really creating much. However, if you can find a way to "make it your own", then sure.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:37 am

hmm hopefully others will join in on this..otherwise this may be a very short competition.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:05 pm

I'm not sure I will have the time to put in to writing something up or I would love to take part.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:57 am

Sadly, Jeme is right. Without more entries, the competition will not pass go or collect two hundred dollars.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:53 am

But I like 200 dollars, it makes for a nice gift from me to me.
Reicho Seitoshi
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:33 am

Considering I'm not visually artistic (drawing, sketching) and lack all programs needed to create a video, all of my character's battles would be purely text-based. I was wondering if that would affect my entry. Also, I would have trouble expressing the opponent without them being able to talk with me on how the battle happens. If you could help me get a better understanding of rules and such I would gladly enter in this contest. Thanks!
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:38 am

Text is perfectly fine, Gerard. And do not worry about your opponent, because they will not be worrying about you heh. However you want the fight to be played out, do it up. As long as it is readable, you have nothing to worry about. One thing I'll put in though, will be to try and not make it one sided. It's much better to win a battle bloody and bruised than to win unscathed. Even Obi Wan had to use a blaster to kill Greivous, and he doesn't even like the weapon.. let alone be proficient in its use.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:40 am

Oh, I understand the rules of engagement. I'm just concerned with how am I supposed to write it out if I know nothing of their character? And vice versa.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:36 am

Gerard Halcyon wrote:Oh, I understand the rules of engagement. I'm just concerned with how am I supposed to write it out if I know nothing of their character? And vice versa.

just ask me and Il message you a bio of the character that you can use for the battle royale.

lol nvmd. Forgot that those participating had already put in their bios here.

Last edited by Jeme'Maer on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:29 am

The bios are part of the entries to the competition on this thread, you have as much or as little to go on as they leave.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:40 pm

Also, should you require more info about your opponent, I would fully expect that opponent to give you the information that you need. Out of respect, that is the proper thing to do.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:22 am

... Hmm... I'd really enjoy participating... But, I must respectfully decline. I don't doubt my abilities, I just feel my place is on the sidelines, healing those who lose a limb or two... Can't wait to see this thing kick off!
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:38 am

For it to kick off, we need more people though, unless we make it a four player free-for-all.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:21 am

Mabye carlen is a evil lord of of all things and everything and even things that are not things.

And he captures four warriors (the entries) and places them on a EPIC Lava planet covered in ice where there happens to be an EPIC space battle over head and a one million droid war going on at the bottem of the cliff where the four EPIC warriors must face eachother in EPIC combat, and then there will be only ONE VICTOR!!! HAHAHH!!

What im trying to say is we only need two people to have a EPIC battle so four is more then enough.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:35 am

Jasterk Staren wrote:Mabye carlen is a evil lord of of all things and everything and even things that are not things.

And he captures four warriors (the entries) and places them on a EPIC Lava planet covered in ice where there happens to be an EPIC space battle over head and a one million droid war going on at the bottem of the cliff where the four EPIC warriors must face eachother in EPIC combat, and then there will be only ONE VICTOR!!! HAHAHH!!

What im trying to say is we only need two people to have a EPIC battle so four is more then enough.

Yes I understand your ideas of epicness, but I thought it was supposed to be a tournament thats all, though a free for all battle royale would be interesting to develope.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:36 am

I think it would be more of a challenge to write about a free-for-all, but it would show the ingenuity of all of us.
Reicho Seitoshi
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:46 am

indeed.....this was supposed to be a battle royal so im only throwing an idea out there.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:53 am

Jasterk Staren wrote:indeed.....this was supposed to be a battle royal so im only throwing an idea out there.

it would also be interesting to have certain battles, like in an ancient roman colosseum, where you would have to fight from a range to dangerous beasts, to reanactments, to battles to the death. Certain examples would include such scenarios like having to fight an acklay, to bringing down two nightsisters atop their rancors in a battle to the death, then to the final Man vs. Man arena battles that everyone is waiting for.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next