Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Update 2: Sharpening Pencils

3 posters

Go down

Project Update 2: Sharpening Pencils Empty Project Update 2: Sharpening Pencils

Post  Guest Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:43 am

And now for another exciting update!

Storyline
I've been adding to the story little by little but not much has changed since the last update. I'm hoping to get some characters and world structure in place before I dive into the game's plot. I think a game should have an exciting world built first and then have the character take part in it rather than build an awesome storyline and add in plot points that hopefully make you feel immersed. I'm focusing on the main character at this point and answering some questions of "who is this strange fellow here and why is he here? Where did he come from? Look like, etc."

Sketching and such
I've got some rough sketches done of the primary weapons that will be available in the game. I hope to refine them then import those into Maya soon and start modeling in the next month, but we'll see how that goes. I'm currently focusing on the main character at this point and trying to get a look for him. I've decided to go in an art direction that will be cell shading. Also I am looking for the less detail more color in faces, objects, and the world to help shrink the work in the future when it comes time to start adding textures. This approach will hopefully lighten the work load but also keep the project looking good in its own way.

Wiki
Perhaps the biggest update to the project is the new wiki for the project which is located at http://orderoftheunifyingforce.com. A word of warning: the site has not been "decorated" yet and probably won't see a change from that until later in the project when I can skin it with some of the cool things the project has been cooking up. Right now the purpose of the site is mainly aimed towards plot developing. Things like character backgrounds, weapons systems, etc. will be fleshed out here. The site is split between two part: a private and public section. The public section will contain things that have been released by the project and the private section is things being worked on by those who are contributing. Nobody has contributed yet so the private section is pretty much only accessible to me. There is an overview page that lists some generic project information and a volunteer page for anyone who is interested in helping.

Wish list
Not much has changed since the last update.

Things the project is looking for that can be contributed by anyone:

• OUF structure - The structure of the guild in respect to the "NPC" point of view of our guild. I think we agreed that it is assumed that the OUF compound is populated by thousands of members and staff that occupy various positions from cook to engineer. Basically I need a rough outline of those positions and their order of rank.
  • Time line/Location - I have not decided when and where this happens. I suppose I could create a planet, but it would be much easier if a planet already existed with its own history and concept art than rather having to create all of that.
  • Ships/Gear - OUF needs their own uniforms for specific tasks as well as gear/weaponry. These things need discussed and should go along with the OUF ranks chart. Basically the kinds of questions I need answered is: What kind of weapon does an ambassador guard carry? What does his uniform look like? What kind of training does a guard receive? etc.
  • Main player background story - I need a background story on this recruit.

Back to top Go down

Project Update 2: Sharpening Pencils Empty Re: Project Update 2: Sharpening Pencils

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:51 am

We need to try and give Garr some support here! I know we have some pretty talented people out there that could help out. I know its tough to make time, but every little bit counts. I, ofcourse, need to help out as well.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Project Update 2: Sharpening Pencils Empty Re: Project Update 2: Sharpening Pencils

Post  TikkiMik Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Arashi Storm wrote:We need to try and give Garr some support here! I know we have some pretty talented people out there that could help out. I know its tough to make time, but every little bit counts. I, ofcourse, need to help out as well.

How exactly can i help ?

Tikki.
TikkiMik
TikkiMik

Back to top Go down

Post  Bah'Rask Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:37 pm

Hmm, I could maybe help with drawings.
Bah'Rask
Bah'Rask

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Well...... I'll make a new thread on the status of the project.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down