Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Update 6: Moving on

+2
Jacan Na'al
Jeme'Maer
6 posters

Go down

Project Update 6: Moving on Empty Project Update 6: Moving on

Post  Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:02 am

Moving on
Here's my dilemma: 3D modeling seemed a lot easier and quicker to pick-up than it really is. I've spent a lot of time on learning Blender and it's tools and really do not have much to show for it. So, with great dismay and a lot of relief, I am moving on with this project.

I don't have months to spend on creating intricate assets, although, I wish I did. This project serves two purposes: One it's a fun project that the community can get involved in and have a lot of fun with. Secondly it also serves as my senior project, due December 2010. Since the due date is approaching and my degree is based mostly on programming I'm making the call to cease all modeling operations and move into actual game mechanics (at least as far as my efforts go).

For now I will be using any and all free models I can find to fill in for the lack of game art and later when the game is wrapping up I'll devote my time to replacing those place holders with nicer models. Either way, this project has got to get moving and I can't afford to be stalled out on game art. It's just not that important right now.

The game has been fully written, and, for the exception of some dialogue and finer level design layouts in the later levels, the game has a "working" mold. (Believe me, I've got a stack of papers here with sketches and notes, etc.) It's time to get knee deep in code and start modifying this engine to meet the needs of the game. Sound, 3D models, etc are taking a back seat to gameplay and mechanics.

Sneak Peek
I do have a treat for you, as promised. Below are some VERY good concept designs from our own Carlen. Kevlar has also contributed some concept work as well and we'll be showing those off at a later date. These two droid designs are confirmed for the game. All released content from the game, including the game itself, when released, will be placed in the Wiki file gallery under "OUF Files" >> "Game Content" located here: http://orderoftheunifyingforce.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=4

Note: The first droid is actually much larger than the second. Image size interferes with scaling here. To see the images up close check them out on the wiki file gallery.

Back to top Go down

Project Update 6: Moving on Empty Re: Project Update 6: Moving on

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:24 am

Tape ...words cannot describe how much I like the art work you have done.

I am inspired to do better with my drawing yet again!

Last edited by Jeme'Maer on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:29 am

Wow, Carlen has some mad drawing skills.

The game is fully written Garr? Thats awesome!
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:37 am

Thoughs drawing put my stick figures to shame.
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Finally a decent update! What about PvP? Will there be raids and end game content????? When is the release date????? Why can't you tell me more??? Don't rush the game because of budget!!!!!

Great work with everything and thanks for the update.

Oh, this is not the TOR forums, sorry.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:54 pm

Arashi wrote:Finally a decent update! What about PvP? Will there be raids and end game content????? When is the release date????? Why can't you tell me more??? Don't rush the game because of budget!!!!!

Great work with everything and thanks for the update.

Oh, this is not the TOR forums, sorry.

Haha!! Project Update 6: Moving on 21677 You forgot to ask about the beta!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:00 pm

...BETA? =D =D =D
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:29 pm

yeah i second that... can I be in the closed Beta!!! Project Update 6: Moving on 91675

Or open..... or alpha Wink
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Actually I plan on releasing bits and pieces periodically for you all to test. I guess you could consider yourselves pre-alpha testers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:54 pm

How did I forget about Beta!
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down