Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Update 5: Books! Books! Books!

Go down

Project Update 5: Books! Books! Books! Empty Project Update 5: Books! Books! Books!

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:42 pm

Again a short update this go around. Not a whole lot has been happening. Excellent work has been coming in by contributors! Kevlar has been on his A game with a couple submissions that we'll be sharing with you hopefully soon.

BOOKS!
Classes have started. That means 5 more books on top of what I've already been reading. It seems like there is hardly enough time these days to complete what needs done. Well on top of my current pile of books I've added another:
Project Update 5: Books! Books! Books! 513eDySZZcL._SL500_AA240_
This book should finish teaching me all the ins and outs of Blender 3D and should pretty much put me in a spot to start producing models of these excellent concept works.

Until next time!

Back to top Go down

Project Update 5: Books! Books! Books! Empty Re: Project Update 5: Books! Books! Books!

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:40 am

Are you having to purchase a lot of software to do all this?
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Project Update 5: Books! Books! Books! Empty Re: Project Update 5: Books! Books! Books!

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:14 am

All the software I am using is freeware, however, the materials needed to learn the software is not cheap. Anyone familiar with computer books know that prices tend to start around $40 and go up. The book mentioned above was $55. The Mastering Unreal book was another ~$50 and I've purchased a couple others including books on writing game scripts and so on. I've probably spent close to $170 so far for the project, heh. It's all worth it though if I am going to pursue a career in game programming.

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:59 am

And to be albe to say you self taugh most of it is awesome. If I like this programming class I have this quarter I might see about diving deeper in to it in my spare time.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down