Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Update 1: Adding Life

2 posters

Go down

Project Update 1: Adding Life Empty Project Update 1: Adding Life

Post  Guest Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 am

I am going to try and post updates on a bi-weekly schedule at the least, but I might throw out an update sooner than that if I have something to post.

Storyline
There has been a few storyline updates since the last post:
The game will follow a recently recruited male OUF member who has just been transferred/promoted to "guard duty". He will follow my RP character, Garr Talon, as one of the two guards on a diplomatic mission to another guild's home planet. Of course, things go awry when that guild's old enemy suddenly appears and begins attacking the guild's compound. The guard finds himself cut off from Garr Talon and with his fellow "guard buddy" fatally wounded must make his way through the invading masses to find Garr.

From here I think I want to go in a direction that has the player meet up with Garr through a com unit or in person and decide that they should aid their new friends in defending their compound. They then split back up to carry out different tasks and such. I'm thinking Garr should pop in and out on the com unit to help direct the hero every now and then and to give mission updates, etc.

So this is the direction I want to take with it, but I am open to suggestions and such. I also need a couple things before I can get into the details of it all. Basically I want to create two fictional guilds with two distinct "personalities". Our new ally will be the passive/economical type that doesn't really have the men or resources to defend against such an invasion. The attackers should can either be Sith, Republic, etc. I want to portray them as a very arrogant military based guild/group that seeks to strip our very wealthy friend's of ours of their resources.

Sketching and Concept Art
What have I been up to? Well recently I have been honing in my sketching skills. I will soon be transitioning into the concept art phase where things need to be researched, "thought up", and outlined on paper before anything gets modeled. I think this part should be pretty fun (or depressing if you suck at drawing like me). Some things like character creating and their back story's as well as look, feel, etc have to thought up and documented. This game is not going to be long (looking at around 3-5 "levels" or 1-3 hours of game play) but with what little there is I want the main characters to be alive. I've purchased "Figure Drawing for Dummies" and I am going to be soon working on some things that I know will be involved in the game. But, I would really like to start working on those main characters, but can't until they have some life to them.

Wiki
I am also looking at installing some wiki software on some web space I have and dedicating it to the lore of this game. This can be a great way for anyone to read and even contribute on the growing amount of information we have.

Wish list
These are things that I would like from you all so that I can continue to work on the storyline and move on to conceptualizing things:

• OUF structure - The structure of the guild in respect to the "NPC" point of view of our guild. I think we agreed that it is assumed that the OUF compound is populated by thousands of members and staff that occupy various positions from cook to engineer. Basically I need a rough outline of those positions and their order of rank.
  • Time line/Location - I have not decided when and where this happens. I suppose I could create a planet, but it would be much easier if a planet already existed with its own history and concept art than rather having to create all of that.
  • Ships/Gear - OUF needs their own uniforms for specific tasks as well as gear/weaponry. These things need discussed and should go along with the OUF ranks chart. Basically the kinds of questions I need answered is: What kind of weapon does an ambassador guard carry? What does his uniform look like? What kind of training does a guard receive? etc.
  • Main player background story - I need a background story on this recruit, basically. Anything really will do as long as it is interesting.

Back to top Go down

Project Update 1: Adding Life Empty Re: Project Update 1: Adding Life

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Garr Talon wrote:Wiki
I am also looking at installing some wiki software on some web space I have and dedicating it to the lore of this game. This can be a great way for anyone to read and even contribute on the growing amount of information we have.

Cool idea, I have toyed with the possibility of an overall OUF wiki to collaberate all the RP lore we create through various activities.

Nice work Garr, love the initial plotline.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:38 am

This all sounds wonderful man. I hope you can get some support here. I will try and help to start the brainstorming for your wishlist. I also love the idea of the wiki. Thanks for all your hard work.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down