Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time off

+8
Jasterk Staren
Carlen Darko
Jeme'Maer
Arashi Storm
Tyren Vaal
Kevlar
Toranilor
Gerard Halcyon
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Time off Empty Time off

Post  Gerard Halcyon Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:59 am

Aight guys. So, I was gonna take about 2 or 3 weeks off sometime next month for my b-day but in a weird turn of events, I am getting that vacation/f'off time with my woman as of (to be exact) yesterday. I'm not gonna be on again prolly until friday at latest. You guys take care!
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Time off Empty Re: Time off

Post  Toranilor Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:57 am

We will Gerard. We'll have one of the recruities fill in for you.

Last edited by Toranilor on Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:56 pm

Have fun on your vacation Gerard (damn, actually took me three tries to type that :P )
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Have a gooood time Gerard.
Haha Kev, only takes one try for me. I'm just a natural really.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Take care and enjoy.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:59 pm

have a good time dude, vacation's good for the soul.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:54 pm

You go and have fun.

But not too much fun.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:18 am

fun with your women is always fun, enjoy your self.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:58 am

Jasterk Staren wrote:fun with your women is always fun, enjoy your self.

haha, that could so be taken the wrong way depending on the tone of voice used. :P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:48 am

Well, whichever way it was meant- I still had fun! Transformers 2, mom's home cooking, a JACKLOAD of quality time, and even got to have some real heart-to-heart discussions bout our future... I'm still going on "vacation" in a couple weeks but, this was just time for me to get with my woman. Glad you guys were so understanding. Thanks.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:20 am

Lengthy personal time with your love is a wonderful thing! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I'm currently spending time with my wife; she's on her one week vacation.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:01 am

I had a hard time letting her drive away yesterday (thurs.) morning but, I get to see her again on my "vacation" so, I guess it wasn't TOO bad... Still didn't wanna let her go...
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:18 pm

It's definitely not easy being away from loved ones.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:27 am

Gerard Halcyon wrote:I had a hard time letting her drive away yesterday (thurs.) morning but, I get to see her again on my "vacation" so, I guess it wasn't TOO bad... Still didn't wanna let her go...

I had to do that just this morning. Today was her first day back to work...we're both sad.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:58 am

Since this topic hasn't been locked yet, I also want it to be known that my female life-partner wants to join the guild but wants to wait until the game is released before hand. Why? I don't have a CLUE. She's a n00b but, I love her. So, I thought I might as well give the heads up. I do NOT want our relationship to have any impact on her application. Even if she mentions it, I want it IGNORED. I'm really into how she wants to be into the same things but, I'd hate for her to get accepted based on this information.

ALSO, I'm leaving for my vacation on the evening of July 19th. I will return in two-weeks time but will check in every few days to keep up on the "Battle Royale" and other discussions.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:06 am

Gerard Halcyon wrote:Since this topic hasn't been locked yet, I also want it to be known that my female life-partner wants to join the guild but wants to wait until the game is released before hand. Why? I don't have a CLUE. She's a n00b but, I love her. So, I thought I might as well give the heads up. I do NOT want our relationship to have any impact on her application. Even if she mentions it, I want it IGNORED. I'm really into how she wants to be into the same things but, I'd hate for her to get accepted based on this information.

How so? If she's just clueless or bad at gaming then I don't think it's really a big deal, but if it's something else...
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jano Vas Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:15 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:
Gerard Halcyon wrote:Since this topic hasn't been locked yet, I also want it to be known that my female life-partner wants to join the guild but wants to wait until the game is released before hand. Why? I don't have a CLUE. She's a n00b but, I love her. So, I thought I might as well give the heads up. I do NOT want our relationship to have any impact on her application. Even if she mentions it, I want it IGNORED. I'm really into how she wants to be into the same things but, I'd hate for her to get accepted based on this information.

How so? If she's just clueless or bad at gaming then I don't think it's really a big deal, but if it's something else...

I don't think so. He just doesn't want her to get better treatment than anyone else would receive.
Jano Vas
Jano Vas

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:21 am

Yea. She's not a bad gamer or brain-dead (quite the opposite), I just don't want her to have any kind of "special treatment" as Jano said. She's a sweet woman and I'm sure you'll all love her but, I feel like she deserves the same treatment as any prospective recruit.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:14 am

Gerard Halcyon wrote:Yea. She's not a bad gamer or brain-dead (quite the opposite), I just don't want her to have any kind of "special treatment" as Jano said. She's a sweet woman and I'm sure you'll all love her but, I feel like she deserves the same treatment as any prospective recruit.

Noted and unnecessary, it was discussed long ago in the Elder Council discussion forums not to give special preference to any relations or friends based on the relationship.

Sometimes special preference is given for contributions to the guild and other such guild related matters, but not for relationships with members.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:24 am

Sweet. Thanks Jacen. I figured that there may already be some kind of rule in place but, I wanted to make sure that there was. I love the woman to death but, I don't want her to expect to be pampered.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 am

So, I've been on my two week vacation since saturday before last and have been unable to get any time near a computer for any longer than like 3 mins. I"d like to publicly state for the record that I am sorry for not giving a warning when I left.

I was having a good time with one of my best IRL friends the night before we left and I forgot to post my leave and return dates. So.. I'll be home Friday, July 31, around 10 pm (my time) but will not be going directly home. My family reunion is on Saturday and I will be staying in a motel with my life partner somewhere near there. Sunday I will be officially be OFF of my personal vacation but will be taking a weekend off around Aug. 15th for some IRL business.

Again, sorry for no warnings but I hope everyone is well.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:33 am

Hey Gerard.
It's fine...good to see you pop in again.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:53 am

Hey Gerard! Welcome back! =D Its good that you had a fantastic time, don't apologies for it.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:41 pm

welcome back Gerard, glad you had such a good time. Its good to have a good time.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:26 am

on the subject of this thread, I am going to be gone for a couple of days on a trip.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next