Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Active time

+9
Benson
Jeme'Maer
Naidon
Foilole
Bahn Durm
Jacan Na'al
Arashi Storm
Balketh Aran
Darcadian
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guild Active time Empty Guild Active time

Post  Darcadian Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:22 am

Was just wondering when the guild would be most active. I am looking for a late night guild that raids/quest around midnight EST.
Darcadian

Back to top Go down

Guild Active time Empty Re: Guild Active time

Post  Balketh Aran Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:44 am

Actually, like most guilds, we're most likely going to be between 4-10pm, as it's the most common time that everyone is free. Granted, tea/dinner is usually in that time, etc, but people also need to get to bed on weeknights so they can get up for the next day, don't expect people to be playing from 12-2am on a weekday.

I'll say, honestly, my times are from 4-10pm. I need time to do work and sleep after that, so.

I'm not going to speak for anyone else here, so what I say is my opinion. :D
Balketh Aran
Balketh Aran

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcadian Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:50 am

What is the Local time of the guild?
Darcadian

Back to top Go down

Post  Balketh Aran Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:22 am

The guild leaders are based in New Zealand, but this is an Oceanic guild with a large number of Australian players, so, I'd estimate a median time of Sydney, Australia time, (being the midpoint between the rest of Australia and New Zealand).

The time in Sydney is UTC/GMT +11 hours, and at the time of this post, 5:22pm EST. So, I'd wager, now, give or take an hour, would be the 'beginning' of our uptime.
Balketh Aran
Balketh Aran

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:00 pm

There will be players playing at different times. Closer to game launch would be a better time to assess this cause people work schedules and stuff could change.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Personally with my work schedule right now I would be playing the game around midnight to 2am EST.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:04 pm

The guild is International (although yes, initially formed as Oceanic), we already have players that will likely be on at very different times to each other.

Also: Midnight EST is 6pm for me which is around about when I get playing anyway. (I am based in Auckland, NZ)
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Balketh Aran Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:49 pm

*raises his hand* It appears I was wrong!

My apologies, it looks like a LOT of people will be playing at different times. :D

Which is all the better!
Balketh Aran
Balketh Aran

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:52 pm

Yeah. I'm EST, as well, so my start time would be far earlier than most others, unless I choose to pull all-nighters, which I have definitely not been known to do....
>_>
<_<
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:59 pm

I'm EST as well seeing as I'm in FL. I have no clue what my schedule will be like when this game releases but nights will definitely be open. Depending on when I schedule my classes I may or may not be up till about 2am every night. If I had to make a projection it would be around 5pm-2am.

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcadian Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Balketh Aran wrote:The guild leaders are based in New Zealand, but this is an Oceanic guild with a large number of Australian players, so, I'd estimate a median time of Sydney, Australia time, (being the midpoint between the rest of Australia and New Zealand).

The time in Sydney is UTC/GMT +11 hours, and at the time of this post, 5:22pm EST. So, I'd wager, now, give or take an hour, would be the 'beginning' of our uptime.

it was actually 2:22am EST here when you posted this not 5:22pm EST

Sounds like there maybe a good number of people on when id be on.
Darcadian

Back to top Go down

Post  Balketh Aran Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:51 am

Yeah, the 5:22pm was for Sydney, Australia, and I made sure of it. :D
Balketh Aran
Balketh Aran

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:23 pm

For me i live in Australia so the times i will be playing at least half of our guild members should be on, i usually have free time during weekdays to play from 4.30pm to 11.00pm
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Naidon Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:38 am

I play from Japan so my play time will be close to the Oceanic players. I work shift work so I will very likely also see those of you in the US during your evening times. I will definately be on during some week days since SUN, Monday, Tues are my days off.
Naidon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Thu May 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Naidon wrote:I play from Japan so my play time will be close to the Oceanic players. I work shift work so I will very likely also see those of you in the US during your evening times. I will definately be on during some week days since SUN, Monday, Tues are my days off.

man arent time differences a pain?
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu May 21, 2009 9:20 pm

They can be. But like every MMO its something you have to expect and work around. Having members from all over the world can be nice though because it means there could be members on at all times of the day.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri May 22, 2009 3:12 am

yeah I usually find a lot of players from either Brazil or Canada on my server and us as a guild have to be able to make a time where every player is able to show on that limit without problems with the time differences. It usually only matters on raids and such though.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Fri May 22, 2009 11:15 am

we must have at least one user from every continent by now so bad side to this is we will never all be online at the same time unless people are willing to jump on at around 3 am but hopefully when the time comes to play there are a few of us playing together
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Fri May 22, 2009 3:40 pm

I asked the same question a long time ago,
I'm form Holland for those who dont know and about 8 hours away from new-zealand.
A friend of mine is there now, and there are plenty of accasions that we can chat. So that would be the same with gaming i guess..
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Fri May 22, 2009 7:25 pm

Agree with you Benson, I got a brother in Sydney and there's really no problem reaching him not at night for both of us.

Sydney time zone sounds pretty fitting for me. I'm eight hours behind Sydney as well, and will probably play most of my time in the weekends from 9-10am and forward. So I'll be there when you Oceanians are likely most active (evening/night).

Anyhow think we will get enough members for all time zones when the game's release comes closer.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Tue May 26, 2009 2:29 pm

I'll probably be playing through all time-zones =)
Sad eh?..
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Phinaeus Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 pm

for me it depends on the level of addiction to the game. could be quite severe. im based in perth wa so thats +8 timeline. so a couple of hours behind EST. depending on hen the game is released i might have more availability to play. uni and work schedules interfere. damn life... ill be aiming to play as much as possible though...
Phinaeus
Phinaeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Tue May 26, 2009 3:16 pm

Addiction....? always....

As soon there is a release date, im gonna ask for a week free of work and I will simply live in the australien time zone for a week and then we see....
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Tue May 26, 2009 3:50 pm

When it releases, will probably drag Jacan away from his wife, and go hard-core leveling on it. =)
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Phinaeus Tue May 26, 2009 4:07 pm

does anyone have any guesstimates on when we can expect a release date? i heard diablo 3 got pushed back to mid next year so i hope this one wont be pushed too far back.
Phinaeus
Phinaeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next