Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I gotta ask before I continue to waste anyone's time here...

+12
Udumbara
Chilli
Carlen Darko
Gatho
Kevlar
Jacan Na'al
Quinlan Sa'athis
Jeme'Maer
Skeevenmac
Master Nuuk
Bahn Durm
Jano Vas
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I gotta ask before I continue to waste anyone's time here... Empty I gotta ask before I continue to waste anyone's time here...

Post  Jano Vas Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:31 pm

I am 100% sure that I will be rolling on an RP server (if we get one). Is this guild heading that direction?
Jano Vas
Jano Vas

Back to top Go down

I gotta ask before I continue to waste anyone's time here... Empty Re: I gotta ask before I continue to waste anyone's time here...

Post  Bahn Durm Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Good question.
I'm not sure, but I'm with you on the server choice. I hate PvP servers where you come across a much higher level guy and they "pwn" you, just because you're there.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

I gotta ask before I continue to waste anyone's time here... Empty Re: I gotta ask before I continue to waste anyone's time here...

Post  Master Nuuk Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Jano Vas wrote:I am 100% sure that I will be rolling on an RP server (if we get one). Is this guild heading that direction?

I will join any server Jacan says.
I'll leave it up to him and the Elder Council.

I just want to be where the OUF is.
Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:10 pm

I agree with Master Nuuk, but I do want to let you know there is an RP element to this guild. Seems like even if we don't roll on an RP server we can still RP in guild groups. IMO I just hope it is a PvE server.
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:51 pm

I second this agreement, I will join whatever server everyone else is in.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:22 am

All servers are PvE
PVP are hardcore killing grounds, so to me RP makes sense for us.
This is opinion, not official.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:32 am

We can chuck a poll up in the members only area (where our RP forums are as well) and get back to you Jano.

I will do it in the members only area so we only get votes from actual mambers (seeing as there are double the number of forum users as there are guild members).
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:36 am

I've no real preference to what type of server we roll on, honestly there isn't enough information at the moment to form any solid opinions on it. I'm guessing that it will follow MMO traditions and divide between PVP and PVE servers with ones set aside with RP.

I don't really mind PVP personally, but I can definitely see why people dislike PVP servers, its always annoying when you are minding your own business and some random guy 30 levels above you just randomly decides to kill you on sight.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:26 am

I don't know. I've never been on an RP-server, thus I don't know how it all works. Like do I have to act in a special way all the time but when I'm in an 'OOC-area'? I've made up into my mind that it can be somewhat restrictive if you get what I mean... A server full of rules.

Of course it can also be nice with a little more serious people.

Also I'm a little worried about the server getting too few players? Are RP-servers very popular?
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:30 am

On WoW, at least, RP servers are generally lol population and speaking in a "mun" voice is not accepted. Well it isn't accepted unless you're in a guild that is cool with it or whispers between friends.
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:55 am

As with Master Nuuk, I follow the Guild.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jano Vas Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:12 am

Gatho wrote:I don't know. I've never been on an RP-server, thus I don't know how it all works. Like do I have to act in a special way all the time but when I'm in an 'OOC-area'? I've made up into my mind that it can be somewhat restrictive if you get what I mean... A server full of rules.

Of course it can also be nice with a little more serious people.

Also I'm a little worried about the server getting too few players? Are RP-servers very popular?

On an RP server you technically do not even have to RP. You just need to be respectful of those that do. You could then say "I am respectful to folks no matter what kind of server" which is perfect. I suspect that if you have made it this far in this guild then you are respectful of folks. However, what a separate RP server could do is attempt to keep out those who are anti-rp as anti-RPers (and there are more than you think) who love nothing more than to spoil the immersion and/or fun of those who do like to RP.

Most games that do have RP servers only have one or two set aside. In the games that I have played the RP servers (even if unofficial) have always been well populated.
Jano Vas
Jano Vas

Back to top Go down

Post  Chilli Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:20 am

Im up for following the Guild to a server, that Said

- I'm not nor will i ever choose to act in character for RP shenanigans, nothing against it per say just not for me.

- Most likely their will be Euro / US and possibly Oceanic Localized Servers. Are we sticking with the whole Oceanic guild thing if they place a Server in Sydney?

In my experience RP servers are lightly populated and usually the 1st to be culled when the DEVs Condense things
Chilli
Chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:37 am

I'm with the majority ... I'll go anywhere the guild chooses to, provided if it IS a N. American server, it doesn't effect my gameplay or framerate in any way. I would prefer an Oceanic server, but chances are they won't have one dedicated to RPing, and even if they did, it would probably be a ghost town.

Also--there's no way in hades I'm ever assuming the role of my character through speech, text, or anything other than what my character can do in-game. I am, after all, a cross-dressing gamer ... playing a girl is one thing, but role-playing a girl just isn't my cup of tea.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:59 am

I'm up for following the guild.

An RP server sounds the best for the OUF, as we are an all play-styles guild.

An RP server does not detract form the PVP or PVE experience, but greatly enhances the RP experience.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Just to fill you in Jano - sa far in the guild members poll there have been no votes for a PVP server.

The majority of votes are split between an RP server and an RP+PVP combination server.

Judging from people's comments it looks like RP will be the direction we take.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:25 pm

I'll probably just go with the guild, really doesn't restrict me or anything.
There are PvP-Rp type servers in some games.

I'd prefer a PvE, but eh.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm more of a PvE server guy myself... I like the option of PvP, but I don't like looking over my shoulder all of the time. I'm sure there will be zones to PvP or something so joining an RP or PvE server won't take that away from us.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Personally I am also a PvE person.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:52 pm

I feel quite strongly about it, if there is server with Consensual PvP and a server with Non-Consensual PvP I will campaign very hard for the Consensual.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:47 pm

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:I feel quite strongly about it, if there is server with Consensual PvP and a server with Non-Consensual PvP I will campaign very hard for the Consensual.

As do I. Role-playing is one thing, but there's no way I'm playing on a non-consensual PvP server. If I want that style of game I'll play Halo.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm

That seems to be the common thinking among this guild so I am confident at this stage we can rule out a PvP server (doesnt stop people having alts on a PvP server, with enough people we could set up shop there too as long as it didnt detract from our main server)
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:01 pm

It would be annoying if the PvP server disallowed you play as the opposite faction, though I doubt Bioware will do that as it's a storytelling and experience-filled game.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:03 pm

I'm thinking bioware will do a warhammer online and restrict every server to one side only. Otherwise you could just go switch when the PVP got rough. With only one side, you have more of an incentive to stick it out for your team, and fight to the bitter end.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Toranilor wrote:I'm thinking bioware will do a warhammer online and restrict every server to one side only. Otherwise you could just go switch when the PVP got rough. With only one side, you have more of an incentive to stick it out for your team, and fight to the bitter end.

You don't need to do that, LotRO has a cooldown timer that prevents quick switches between factions. (or my memory fails me completely...)
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next