Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion

+17
Thadicus
Naidon
caade cloudlighter
Asep
Balketh Aran
Thalos
Tyrael Rahl
Akih
Foilole
Epicurus
Quinlan Sa'athis
Darka
Immortal Lowlife
Arashi Storm
Rygal Blaqk
Benson
Jacan Na'al
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:08 am

Coruscant could be cool but could be very laggy. Capitol ships could be pretty sweet as well. I guess we will have to wait and see. And welcome Caade.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion

Post  Tyrael Rahl Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:35 am

Yes, welcome Caade, and don't forget to submit an application/introduction on the forums!
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:
  • What are you looking forward to in Star Wars: The Old Republic?
  • What do you want to see in Star Wars: The Old Republic?
  • What do you NOT want to see in Star Wars: The Old Republic?

etc.

What am I looking in SWTOR? A good game at the very least. I really didn't like galaxy. But beyond that, assuming the game is better, I want player owned buildings/ships. I would love the chance to own my own apartment/house and/or ship. To be able to have a "owned" home that I can walk around in, decorate, and invite people into would be awesome. While this is very possible in the actual game, I hope they don't resort to a "general house entrance" that everyone walks into then is magically transported to their house with the perfect view (I'm looking at you PS3's Home!). I want to be able to point to an actual house or ship in a docking bay and say I own that. Not sure how they could do it, but I definitely think it's possible.

Besides all that, which wouldn't break the game if it wasn't included, I want general guild created houses and resources that as a team we can own. Guild tabards as in WoW or something along those lines would be neat. A guild "senate" would be awesome. A place where multiple guilds in alliances/territories can come together and speak of affairs. Mounts are probably a given, I just hope they are appropriate and perhaps modify-able.

I don't want to see instances in a traditional sense. There is no reason why BioWare can't make each "instance" a new planet that you travel to. I also definitely don't want to see Jedi or the Sith being the ultimate classes in the game, some balance testing will go a long way. The end-game content will probably be item/gear oriented which is OK, but I hope they don't make it ALL about items and gear.

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:55 pm

I must a gree with you Garr Talon.

It would be awesome to be able to show my house or spaceship to other people.
But, I think its going to be very very crowded.
And to say, look that one over there is my house, and then being busy pointing out your house amongst 378 other houses that all stand clutted. Is not my idea of fun.

So I hope they are going create numberous instance locatations for houses and stuff.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:02 am

If they go with the idea of player ships instead of houses (much like ebon hawk was your house in KotOR 2 really), then I think it would be good to have instanced 'hangers' where a certain number of ships could be docked in each instance and they could be named or numberd differently much like the suburbs in lotro or the districts in guild wars.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Jacan i think you are going in the right direction.
If they instance hangars for like say 20 people max. (random taken number)
You still get the feeling you are landing on a dock with other players doing whatever, but reduces lag and stress on server levels. And it fights overcrowded hangars.

Offcourse ones you walk out of the hangar, you walk out of the instance and back in the true mmo world.

Jacan I think, I only answered a why question on your idea's but im agreeing with them ;)
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Naidon Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:56 am

I think the hard part is balancing so much off the cool things players want. They obviosly want us to be on the ground a lot, but it would be great to see some space action as well.

I really want to see guild structures. Houses and Ships. I think is would be really cool to fly my ship into the hanger of a guild capital ship. Each member could have totally customizable rooms. The guild leaders could still have control of the rest of the ship. It cool also be a great place for guild members to meet up for events. I really liked the guild halls SWG had. Some friends and I had a small guild and had a lot of fun with them. Much better than the normal guild tag and guild bank options. I also like Warhammers guild levling system and how it tracks some of what you guild does.

I also would love to see tons of Armor and clothing. This is one thing I will say SWG was better at than any other MMO I played. Even if a class has all the same abilities at least you could have a different look.

I certainly hope classes are balanced for PVP.

I agree with instancing things as Jacan and Benson discussed. Who knows what we will see at launch and what we wont see until expansions.
Naidon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:30 pm

Guild Capital Ships surely would be awesome beyond belief, but unfortunately i think they might be out of range of hope =(
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:18 pm

As long as jedi can fly capital or starfighter ships im all good! Can't wait to see space battles or involve my self into one.

Hey, whats everyones opinion on group size for the game. Like most MMOs there are groups of exp groups. Whats the size going to be in your opinion?
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Group size? I don't know. I like how WoW did groups and raid groups. Having the group leader able to customize group size would be nice.

Guild ships would be awesome. There is so much you could do with that idea. Armory, Medical Bay, Dock, etc.

I think BioWare might be focusing on story driven game play too much. Yea we don't want a SWG 2, but that doesn't mean we should avoid all player run/created things altogether.

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:11 pm

a customizable group size would be nifty. Should be interesting to see how it all turns out.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Whilst there is nothing wrong with periods of forum inactivity I shall try stir at least some conversation.

What does everyone think about the Explore Nal Hutta and extra Hutta Concepts from the last two friday updates?

For me it looks like a nice new (and somewhat unique) planet to explore. It excites me to have the Hutts tied properly to a planet that is NOT simply a desert (tatooine) becuase it didn't logically click for me considering them being giant slugs, an industrial swampland is so much more appropriate.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Naidon Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:36 pm

I simply like the fact that I will be able to explore a Star Wars world that I have never been able to before. Just cool to see where some of the crime lords of Tat came from. I like seeing the screen shots. I think bioware is showing us key areas and not just some odd unimportant areas. Just seeing them show us Nal Hutta peaks my interest.

I have been checking the forums, but not talking much. I also recently got interested in Dragon Age.
Naidon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:30 pm

While I am grateful that they share some info on a world we might explore for ourselves sometime in the future, I think I would rather have more game play information than anything else. Nal Hutta is nice and all, but are they going to show us all the planets? If they are going to show us all of the zones then, at the rate they are going, it seems like the universe will not be as accessible/expansive as I thought on release. Looking at some of the concepts and images of Nal Hutta, it does seem that they are in the content designing/mass producing stage which says to me that most if not all of the game play features have either been worked out or are in the process of being tweaked. If that's true, which I could be wrong about, then we should hope to see some game play mechanics elaborated on in the very near future. Zone/planet details are fine and exciting, but I could really go for a feature set right about now to get a feel of where this game is heading. With the current details, or lack thereof, I can see this game swinging in either a user generated/run world or, on the other side of the spectrum, a tightly controlled player world that is more linear than open. I know they did comment about the game being more story driven than anything else, but those kinds of details are vague at best when looking at the broader scope of the game.

On a lighter note, I check the forums daily. Often times more than once.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadicus Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:The announcement of Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG is very exciting news.

To "forge your own Star Wars saga in a story-driven massively-multiplayer online game" will be a dream come true for many devoted Star Wars fans, myself included.

The official website (http://www.swtor.com) has alot of great information on the game, lots of pictures already, and the official community is there as well.

• What are you looking forward to in Star Wars: The Old Republic?
  • What do you want to see in Star Wars: The Old Republic?
  • What do you NOT want to see in Star Wars: The Old Republic?

etc.

Well, seeing as I'm new to this, having never played SW:Galaxies, I'll do my best.

I think, after what I have read, player housing seems like it would be interesting. Being able to build your own house, have a place for guild meetings and such would cool.

Bounties on actual players. Heck, if you don't wanna engage in that type of PvPing, don't do something that warrants a bounty haha. Just on bounties though, not a gankfest. Have the npc determine if the offense warrants a bounty.Also, a type of achievement system, something along the lines to what WoW has going, for titles and whatnot. No way should we be allowed to just be Darth or Lord or Master anything without the proper experience, make us earn the titles. I think that would give it a more Star Wars feel.

A hack job. Hopefully Bioware and LucasArts takes the necessary time and bring to us Star Wars fans a game to remember. If it's half as good as advertised, bye bye WoW haha.
Thadicus
Thadicus

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 am

I do appreciate what bioware puts out, though I wish there was more as well. Though I am trying to be patient. I am a bit worried that the planets are not gonna be large and explorable like say planets are in SWG. I don't really have any other MMO's to compare with. But its hard to tell from what they have shown so far. It would be nice to some more mechanics that you are talking about Jacen. Though I am very impressed with the way the combat looks. I was quite amazed at how the characters lightsabers collide during battle and also how they duck a lot from attacks. I'm also looking forward to the online comic's. Getting to know some things that have happened just before we come in is awesome.

I apologize about my absense from the forums and I hope to be able to check the forums everyday again very soon.

Maybe the comic and more info from bioware will help the forum activity increase. Also I think getting more involved with the roleplay section would help. I was definitely hoping to see some more activity there.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:16 am

I am completely anxious to see where this whole project goes.
My ex was a huge Warcraft fan throughout the series and she geeked out in a way I couldn't comprehend at the time when she had heard about the WoW release.

Now that I can relate, having played both KotORs and been a big fan of Star Wars in general, I feel that this couldn't really be a disappointment to me.
BioWare and LA say that they want to make an MMO based off of KotOR. Then that means most of the mechanics of the gameplay should remain the same, right? Then again, an RPG is very different from an MMORPG. So, I could be wrong. *shrugs*

In terms of the information that they've been releasing on TOR website, I'm a little disappointed in February. They released the information on Hutta and then kind of dwindled off until last Friday when they released the first 3 pages of the web-comic. Now, I don't know what it takes to put together a video game, let alone an MMO, so I won't be pressuring anybody for information. I'm just hoping that more and more planets and gameplay information are released soon, because after 3-4 years of development, we should be nearing a beta release in about 8 months or so, right? Maybe sooner?
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:41 am

I just noticed there is a new concept art of a house on Hutta. From the description it sounds like it could be player housing.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:30 am

Great new blog on the TOR site.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun May 17, 2009 10:22 am

yay they came out with the smuggler history...well i know what the next class is goin to be. the next updates im rly hoping for are the species being used in the game so i can know whether i keep with the nautolan or give up hope lol
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Sun May 17, 2009 10:26 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:yay they came out with the smuggler history...well i know what the next class is goin to be. the next updates im rly hoping for are the species being used in the game so i can know whether i keep with the nautolan or give up hope lol

lol yer if Nautolans dont become a playable race i might go with a Kel Dor

Last edited by Foilole on Sun May 17, 2009 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun May 17, 2009 10:35 am

Foilole wrote:
Jeme'Maer wrote:yay they came out with the smuggler history...well i know what the next class is goin to be. the next updates im rly hoping for are the species being used in the game so i can know whether i keep with the nautolan or give up hope lol

lol yer if Nautolans dont become a playable race i might go with a Kel Dor

yep mes too they cool with their weird breathing masks...ever since seing plo koon jedi i thought they looked so cool
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Sun May 17, 2009 10:39 am

Yer they are sure one Ugly specie but something about them make me wanna be them probly because of there unique look, and from seeinng Plo Koon in the Film
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Korrin Valus Sun May 17, 2009 10:51 am

There is so much left to reveal....

Planets - at least 13 more according to most estimates

Classes - assume one class per world, maybe

Races - your guess is as good as mine but there will be a reasonable choice based on everything else

History - there are 19 slots in the top of the history reader

Web-comics - seem to keep pace with the history and class reveals

Game mechanics - they will hopefully show off the user interface and explain things like the internal economy, player housing, crafting etc.

If we assume that they intersperse developer blogs and more videos they are really going to have to step up the amount of information that they reveal each week if we are going to see this game within the next 12 months.

I can hardly wait.
Korrin Valus
Korrin Valus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun May 17, 2009 10:54 am

Korrin Valus wrote:There is so much left to reveal....

Planets - at least 13 more according to most estimates

Classes - assume one class per world, maybe

Races - your guess is as good as mine but there will be a reasonable choice based on everything else

History - there are 19 slots in the top of the history reader

Web-comics - seem to keep pace with the history and class reveals

Game mechanics - they will hopefully show off the user interface and explain things like the internal economy, player housing, crafting etc.

If we assume that they intersperse developer blogs and more videos they are really going to have to step up the amount of information that they reveal each week if we are going to see this game within the next 12 months.

I can hardly wait.

hehe i can wait till then...i hope...im runnin out of games till i save for a 360
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next