Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Release Date *Rumor*

+11
Gatho
Jeme'Maer
Kevlar
Bahn Durm
Ham Arel'li
Arashi Storm
Satarel Vao
Delyn
Tyren Vaal
Udumbara
Nico Gaborik
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic Release Date *Rumor* Empty Star Wars: The Old Republic Release Date *Rumor*

Post  Nico Gaborik Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:47 am

Star Wars: The Old Republic Release Date
- French sources say they have the inside information. Incroyable!

August 11, 2009 - Zut alors! French site www.starwars-universe.com is reporting a source in contact with LucasArts has revealed BioWare's MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic, is currently scheduled for release in October 2010. Well, actually what they said was Octobre 2010, but we broke that code pretty quickly. This date is in agreement with claims that EA made last year that it was funding an MMO in Austin that was due to be released in fiscal year 2010.

According to Google, The poster further goes on to say, "I know what it is like to be in the position of the player and say 'but that this spring in the bite-me-the-node?' And that, of course, we cannot tell you for fear of the grill."

Our own LucasArts sourcwa "dispute that a reliable LucasArts source said any such thing" and reminded us that they have not publicly revealed a release date for the game.

Source - http://pc.ign.com/articles/101/1012837p1.html

Pretty lame article but I thought it was worth posting
Nico Gaborik
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic Release Date *Rumor* Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Release Date *Rumor*

Post  Udumbara Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:01 pm

October 2010?! Man, all the more reason to start playing Age of Conan with Jacan, Quinlan, Kevlar, Tyren and myself!
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic Release Date *Rumor* Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Release Date *Rumor*

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Udumbara wrote:October 2010?! Man, all the more reason to start playing Age of Conan with Jacan, Quinlan, Kevlar, Tyren and myself!

If the release date is that far off, then I'm pretty sure we'll have enough time to get more of the guild involved and maybe even get to level 80 if we nerd ourselves out...
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:11 pm

yeah i saw this as well, but what would the frenchies know?

bloody cheese eating surrender monkeys
Delyn
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Delyn wrote:yeah i saw this as well, but what would the frenchies know?

bloody cheese eating surrender monkeys

I really want to eat toad legs or something in France....
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:12 am

The french aren't too bad... but French-Canadians are some of the worst people I have ever met. Just throwing it out there.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:26 am

I guess that gives me a year to build my computer heh. Not sure I can wait that long to complete it though.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Ham Arel'li Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:11 am

Satarel Vao wrote:The french aren't too bad... but French-Canadians are some of the worst people I have ever met. Just throwing it out there.

Agreed haha.

Well if that's true (which I'm doubting it is), it would be a little disappointing. I have been hoping for a spring release date, considering they already have the game playable AND it will be playable to the public in germany (August) and Seattle (September). I read in PC Gamer September 2009 issue that they already have servers set up and they are able to play the game from home. In my opinion, the game is reaching completion, I don't see how it would still be over a year away from release date. It is a HUGE game though so perhaps they have much more they want to work on.
Ham Arel'li
Ham Arel'li

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:58 am

It was 4 years after the announcement of a Warcraft MMO for WoW to come out. We're lucky to see it come out 2 years after the announcement of the game's existence. Plus, even though the game is playable, they're releasing controlled situations designed specifically for convention gameplay. Therefore, there isn't much in the way of "free-reign-roaming" in these demos as there will be once the game starts.
I mean, think of the bugs and kinks they're going to have to work on once the game hits beta....
server crashes, lags, errors in level design, character malfunctions, playable button assignments, etc., etc.
There's definitely enough to keep the folks at BioWare busy for the next year or so.
Maybe even longer...

I wish I could afford AoC, but with a new apartment and debts, I can't even afford a new car, let alone a new addiction with you knuckleheads. =P
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:27 am

I've heard alot of people who when I talk to them about SWTOR, they say something like, man thats so far away, still next year or so.

I understand what they mean, I hate waiting and wished it came out next month, but at the same time I'd rather prefer Bioware took an extra 6-months to a year if the game will come out polished, stream-lined and bug-free.

In the mean time I'm sure we can all find something to occupy the time.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:24 am

Bahn Durm wrote:It was 4 years after the announcement of a Warcraft MMO for WoW to come out. We're lucky to see it come out 2 years after the announcement of the game's existence. Plus, even though the game is playable, they're releasing controlled situations designed specifically for convention gameplay. Therefore, there isn't much in the way of "free-reign-roaming" in these demos as there will be once the game starts.
I mean, think of the bugs and kinks they're going to have to work on once the game hits beta....
server crashes, lags, errors in level design, character malfunctions, playable button assignments, etc., etc.
There's definitely enough to keep the folks at BioWare busy for the next year or so.
Maybe even longer...

I wish I could afford AoC, but with a new apartment and debts, I can't even afford a new car, let alone a new addiction with you knuckleheads. =P

Didn't Bioware start on the game in 2005?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:42 pm

yeah i've heard/read from a lot of the interviews that they've been working on this for almost 5 years
Delyn
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:04 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:Didn't Bioware start on the game in 2005?
Yes, indeed, they did. But I mean, in the sense of us waiting. We've only been waiting for the game to come out since Oct. 2008. Not even a year yet and people are b*tching, pissing, and moaning on the main site about having to wait another year. That's nothing. We only have to wait 2 years after the announcement for it to come out.
Meanwhile, Blizzard decided to have their people wait 4 years after announcement. I'm not sure how long the production was prior to that, but it had to have been in production for a good deal prior to the world release of the game's creation.
I say, what's another year? And as Kevlar stated...
Kevlar wrote:In the mean time I'm sure we can all find something to occupy the time.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:27 pm

hehe, a year doesnt seem that horrible, compared to how long some people wait for games. It just makes me much happier to know that they will spend about six-seven years on the game.

To occupy my time, well I have school for that.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:10 pm

atleast we'll have great company once the game actually does finally launch though right? =)
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:01 am

Aye Kev, I'm so glad it's BioWare making this game. Whenever it will be, just imagine how freaky giggly you'll be when logging on to TOR... Ah... Well at least I'll be.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 am

yeah, when it comes out I might have a TOR party! =P everyone buys a copy at 9am and jumps on together at a lan and blazes it for 2 days straight.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico Gaborik Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:25 am

I hope when I get swtor I won't turn into this guy

Nico Gaborik
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:37 am

....that guy has some major problems, if any of us turn into that...thing, we need to be forcibly removed from our computer screen and put into rehab immediately!
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:16 am

Hehe, I'd love to join in a "TOR" party, though I doubt I'll even be able to play the game until the weekend or a non-busy day, let alone even start on the same server as the guild. All depends on what server we are going on, how it's all announced and planned.

Do MMO's often announce servers before the game is released? I'd imagine it like that...
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:58 pm

That kid needs some sort of lobotomy. Stat!
I would hope they announce servers, too, just to make life easier for guilds that have formed and for people to get an idea of what's going on.

In terms of the the release date, I honestly can wait now.... I just picked up Madden 10 at midnight.... amazing!!
Play it.
Thou art commanded.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:58 am

Bahn Durm wrote: I just picked up Madden 10 at midnight.... amazing!!
Play it.
Thou art commanded.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Release Date *Rumor* Bros11

nah sorry champ, not my scene
Delyn
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:11 pm

hmm... is it strange that my nightmares tend to consist of cartoon characters such as this?
And no... I'm not THAT obsessed with it. It's just, in my opinion, the best console Football game, to date. I'm just trying to share the happy, tis all.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Bahn Durm wrote:hmm... is it strange that my nightmares tend to consist of cartoon characters such as this?
And no... I'm not THAT obsessed with it. It's just, in my opinion, the best console Football game, to date. I'm just trying to share the happy, tis all.

I totally agree with you Bahn. Though I haven't kept up with it the past few years, I have owned every madden from about 1990 to 2005.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico Gaborik Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm waiting for NHL 10 myself :)
Nico Gaborik
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next