Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion

+17
Thadicus
Naidon
caade cloudlighter
Asep
Balketh Aran
Thalos
Tyrael Rahl
Akih
Foilole
Epicurus
Quinlan Sa'athis
Darka
Immortal Lowlife
Arashi Storm
Rygal Blaqk
Benson
Jacan Na'al
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion Empty Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:25 pm

The announcement of Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG is very exciting news.

To "forge your own Star Wars saga in a story-driven massively-multiplayer online game" will be a dream come true for many devoted Star Wars fans, myself included.

The official website (http://www.swtor.com) has alot of great information on the game, lots of pictures already, and the official community is there as well.

• What are you looking forward to in Star Wars: The Old Republic?
  • What do you want to see in Star Wars: The Old Republic?
  • What do you NOT want to see in Star Wars: The Old Republic?

etc.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion

Post  Benson Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:18 pm

What I really would like to see!

- Guild housing, able to design it yourself
- Able to buy and fly spaceships. incl. capital ships!!!!
- able to jump!
- and maybe the shooting should be able in first person :) (mass effect like)

greets

Benson
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion

Post  Rygal Blaqk Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Benson wrote:What I really would like to see!

- Guild housing, able to design it yourself
- Able to buy and fly spaceships. incl. capital ships!!!!
- able to jump!
- and maybe the shooting should be able in first person :) (mass effect like)

greets

Benson

agree with you on all points..

would say jump would be included.. unless they want to dismiss force jump.

switching between 1st person and 3rd person fews for both ranged and melee weapons.. (would like to see the look on the beings face when im swining my lightsaber at them, hehe)

more customizable armors.. being more variety on colors, where to color, possible patterns and extra "unique" parts to the armor, or even removing some things..

even modifying your "spaceship" if you can buy them ;)

and more to the customization.. even component upgradeable weapons.. be it crystals and emitters etc for your lightsaber.. or scopes, firing chambers, more advanced ammunition for your ranged weapons.

all the lightsaber forms and such..

possibly a "changeling" bounty hunter race, with forms depending on your level, and even more advanced ones done through quests or something

races having special skills, depending on the class also
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:19 pm

The customization shoud be big:)
I played city of heroes for a short time. Never encounterd a player that looked the same as an other player.

I still play alot of WoW, and i dont like the fact that if your done (end raiding) everyone with the same spec will look the same....

-Benson
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:27 am

What did you all think of the new VIDEO documentary!

I am very excited about the game now.

All that remains to blow my mind is character customisation in the creation stage and also in the armour/weapon stage.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:11 am

Well being that there was only.. really humans and monsters in the video, i cant say much, i want to see all the races, know a kel dor is in it..

havent seen much variety as of yet.. *wishes for more videos*
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:19 am

Apparently I have heard this is just the first of a series of development documentarys. So hopefully they will come out regularly, perhaps monthly?
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:24 am

I'd like to see videos of.. different levels of graphics.

As they plan to make it look good on every setting.. I want proof!
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:28 am

What do you care, you'll have a new computer in a few weeks anyway!
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:32 am

Yea but im used to running a system for performance, and not everyone has a nice new computer.. im thinking about them!

and also when im running on 64kbps.. i want to know what im dealing with. :D
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:08 pm

I definitely hope they keep customization as a high priority. If they read the forums they will see that everyone wants and likes it. No one is ever against it.

-also hoping for ships and some good space missions/combat
-player housing
-mounts and speeders/also some customization with those would be nice
-I'd really like to see all rifles have the same base maximum from crafting and then have upgrades actually make each weapon more powerful and unique. That way not everyone is running around with the same weapon. Quest rewarded upgrades would be so much better than quest rewarded weapons in my opinion. I didn't like seeing all the jedi in SWG running around with a jinsu LS. Maybe a quest rewarded damage crystal would have been more appropriate. Or maybe even a secret in creating hilts with more dps.
-really hoping the skill tree's are diverse and in-depth.

well thats it for now. :)
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Immortal Lowlife Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:38 am

-also hoping for ships and some good space missions/combat
-player housing
-mounts and speeders/also some customization with those would be nice

I think we're all on the same page here...

Jumping is a must.
the ability to buy and customize space ships and space battles. (When you have to fly from planet to planet for your missions...I really wanna be able to do that)

And plenty of options on character creation/customization....every thing from the color of the eyes to the hilt style of the lightsaber.
Immortal Lowlife
Immortal Lowlife

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 am

jumping annoys me, if they do it i forsee this game becoming jedi bunny hop online fightz :(
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:24 am

Darka wrote:jumping annoys me, if they do it i forsee this game becoming jedi bunny hop online fightz :(

I agree.
Jumping is a necessary mechanic but I hated those idiots in LotRO that had to jump everywhere instead of walking/running
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:48 am

I would love to be able to go anywhere with almost no boundaries.

Jumping in an MMO brings 2 things to mind:
1. As a means to on top of or over objects to reach a destination or to gain the high ground in combat.
2. More star wars related it makes me think of a Jedi 'Force-Jump'.

I think a more controlled approach would allow us freedom without allowing for abuse, let me explain.

Actual climbing would be better IMO. Much like in tomb raider but without the ability to randomly jump. You could have the option when you are under a climbable edge (perhaps an icon in your UI appears) and then you press the action button and your character climbs the ledge, or drops to hang from the ledge.

Force jump could be implemented in a manner like the hyper jump in MxO (Matrix Online). The way that worked was ingenius IMO. You selected the hyperjump skill then you got quickly panned out to an aerial view with a ground target, much like a grenade reticule in FPS games, but this was the target destination of your hyperjump, you then released the action button or pressed the action button and your character would jump to that spot. IMO Force jump could work in a very similar if not exactly the same manner.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:22 am

It would be really nice if they could implement that into the game. Luckily they have a lot of games out there to look at and build off of. And from the way they talk that is what they are doing.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Epicurus Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:34 pm

I want what kotor gave me, history. How everything began, the jedi order, the Rakatans(how the fell), when/how hyperspace technology was developed, and that one living thing in an asteriod that spewed something that cut mandalorian armor like butter, in one of Canderous stories that talked he talked about.
Epicurus
Epicurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:44 pm

I hear ya man. KOTOR was amazing. And from what I have heard so far I think the story and history will be awesome.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:15 pm

see there was an update today
I posted it up on www.swtorbase.com :)
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Yea i saw that.

I check frequently every Saturday waiting for the weekly update then I update our news page (Link Here).

I changed my avatar on the official swtor forums to the new Ithorian one (the naked Ithorian)
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:04 pm

I was talking to a few people, and alot of us are starting to think this game is nnot going to be a traditional MMO, but rather more like KOTOR, just online
Anyone else starting to feel that?
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:43 am

I muat admit I don't know how the story will be incorporated to make it more indepth.
I also don't know how making most of the game soloable will effect it, especially with the companions.

But still I am not inclining away from the fact that they say it will be an MMO.
Until we get more information that concretely proves otherwise, I will give Bioware the benefit of the doubt.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Epicurus Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:13 am

It might be wishfull thinking, but i think its going to be KotOR online.
Epicurus
Epicurus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:14 am

yeah true but i dunno if ill play that then really to be honest, just be like a permenant dungeon master type thing
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:41 am

Its too early to be talking about negatives, We don't know anything yet.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next