Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion

+17
Thadicus
Naidon
caade cloudlighter
Asep
Balketh Aran
Thalos
Tyrael Rahl
Akih
Foilole
Epicurus
Quinlan Sa'athis
Darka
Immortal Lowlife
Arashi Storm
Rygal Blaqk
Benson
Jacan Na'al
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion

Post  Rygal Blaqk Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:59 am

bioware wanted to make an mmo, so they're gonna make it!

leave them alone! hmph!
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion - Page 2 Empty playing as a team

Post  Foilole Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:55 pm

i cant wait to see how well the guilds work out and see how loyal the members are this is gonna be great
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:15 pm

I think BioWare has a great chance here and I think they will try to make the best MMO they can. No game will ever be perfect since everyone's view of perfect is different, but I think they will make a good game. And I think we have a good thing started here.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Akih Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:16 pm

Benson wrote:What I really would like to see!

- Guild housing, able to design it yourself
- Able to buy and fly spaceships. incl. capital ships!!!!
- able to jump!
- and maybe the shooting should be able in first person :) (mass effect like)

greets

Benson

First person shooting, would be nice, but I would prefer real-timeish combat. What my dream idea of how TOR would be, it would be like Movie Battles mod. Jumping really high and junk, having to be stealthy as a gunner vs. a jedi to shoot him in the back.

Guilds could have HUGE role in the game if they could have a capital ship - holy **** - freaking launch a bunch of peeps in some x-wings or whatever ships they have (haha I know not x-wings), to battle another guild ship. They could 'control' planets and get guild exp or more benefits, would be badass. I highly doubt anything like that would happen though, haha.

Oh god I think I am about to kiss my fantasy.

Last edited by Jacan Na'al on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : watch the use of the f*** word please)
Akih

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:01 am

I'm actually excited about having an MMO that has a large amount of soloable content. Playing Endgame material on WoW, it was really just either you wait for hours on a Raid group or you did the same, repetitive PvP over and over. Sometimes i was just like "Dang, can i just go take on Magtheridon or Illidan myself? Cmon!" Therefore, the idea of being able to actually do epic things like that by myself versus having to get a group of 25 excites me. But then again, i realize how important player-player content and interaction is to MMOs, which is why i looked for a guild to start with =)
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:19 pm

I hear ya Tyrael! I hated in SWG having to get others to help kill one person. So as long as they have some things that are big enough to make you need a group to tackle then it should be great.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:07 pm

As from the movies you've seen that one person can easily take out one huge monster..

On some occasions anyway..

Large group means one big monster per person. Sounds about right.

Gives us more of a challenge!
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:27 pm

I'm just under the impression that we play fantasy in order to be a hero, and why cannot a hero accomplish heroic feats that are larger than life? Why can't one person rise above the rest and be extraordinary?
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:35 pm

I plan to be the one that fails.

That way, I am unique.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:38 pm

Hahaha, touche.
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:08 pm

Well from what I have read you will feel like a hero.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:34 am

I happen to agree with, no boundry. Bioware should considering haveing small planets or astroid rocks of sort in the outter rim and the inner rim. Would be exellent spots to set base of operations for guild temples our housing. Possible that vistors may show up and have to be run out of the planet heh. Interesting to see how Bioware plays this out.

PS: How long has Bioware been constructing this game? Any idea when beta might start?
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:57 am

If I remember correctly from what I've read they have been working on this for 3 or 4 years. I have heard nothing about when the Beta will start.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:46 am

When the Beta does come out, do we have any plans to try to get it?
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Balketh Aran Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:38 am

It'll be my first, but I'm going to try my hardest to get into the Beta.
Balketh Aran
Balketh Aran

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:03 am

yeah i think ill bust some butt trying to get beta. If everyone gets it. AWESOME!
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:19 am

Tyrael Rahl wrote:When the Beta does come out, do we have any plans to try to get it?

As a guild it is a goal to have an active presence on the official forums and in the general SWTOR community.

Preferably with some reference to the guild in your signatures.

Hopefully they will give guilds a number of beta invites to test any guild features adequetley.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Asep Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:52 am

I know other MMO's in the past have done beta invites to whole guilds. It would be great if they did. But you never know. Getting in beta would be a great plus, but as long as SWTOR turns out to be the great game its supposed to be i wouldnt mind either way.
Asep

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Just to be a show of my ignorance, up until Jacan called for us to use our signatures to get involved in the TOR community, i had no idea how to use BBCode, but now i do! Hooray!
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Forum signatures is how I first became familiar with BBCode as well.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG Discussion - Page 2 Empty Planets

Post  caade cloudlighter Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:29 am

I hope they allow us to go to Coruscant and all the other planets and let it be like during the clone wars and let us be on capital ships. Also if they let us holster our lightsaber would be cool like it was in Mass Effect. If anyone has anymore thoughts please let me know. I currently play SWG on the bria server and my character's name is Caade Cloudlighter.
caade cloudlighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:51 am

That would be awesome if giant space battles like that would be part of the PvP Concept for Swtor.Fighting in a captial ship defending it against enemies sounds really cool. Anyways well see.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:51 am

Er, hello Caade.

Welcome.

What brings you to our little guild forums?
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:57 am

One word comes to mind when i imagine Coruscant being incorporated into TOR: LAG!!!!!!!
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:36 am

lol i can't complain too much. You don't know what its like to play DAoC on dial-up. Brighthouse Broadband FTW!
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next