Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STORY-Fah Garel Part 1: Bounty Hunter.

3 posters

Go down

STORY-Fah Garel Part 1: Bounty Hunter. Empty STORY-Fah Garel Part 1: Bounty Hunter.

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:02 am

This is a story i wrote a few years ago and it needed some revising so here it is. There are more chapters that im working on fixing.-its done now

A story following the bounty hunter Fah Garel on a Bounty hunting mission that will test his strengths to the limit.
Please enjoy and give me feedback and notice of any errors or things that don't make sense.

Fah Garel-Bounty Hunter

Chapter One-Recieving the Job

The rain was coming down hard on the thick Durasteel platform and whenever it hit Fah’s helmet he felt like a child was throwing pebbles at him. Fah Garel stood at the foot of his ship's loading ramp examining the harsh waterscape that was Kamino. His black Hunter Class Freighter blended in with the dark cloudy atmosphere and its details were only visible when the occasional thunder erupted. He had his fill of the remote planets bland landscape and walked toward the clear welcoming doors that gave off soft white light. His mandolorian helmet activated an alert marker pointing out the guard droid that stood just inside. His on board databases could not identify its make and model and all he got was that it was a combination of a dozen or more different scrap parts.

The doors slid open easily, not because of good maintenance but because water dropped into the guide rail every time they opened. Fah stepped into the hallway that stretched from left to right and the guard paid him no notice. I wounder if its even activated? He was about to go looking when a small creature of unknown species to him scurried up at thigh height. “Ah Mr.Garel, my master is expecting you, please come this way.” Fah followed the little creature while surveying the structure with his three hundred and sixty degree vision. It seemed to be a well built place, it was the perfect place for a hutt gangster to build his palace. Out of the way and hard to get to. The only way he had got here was by downloading coordinates from a republic military computer back on Coruscant.

Fah followed the creature to a set of red and green colored doors, standing on both sides were more strangely constructed guard droids. They had about one foot long antennas connected to backpacks and they were gripping high powered disrupter rifles. The illegal kind. Fah kept an eye on those weapons he wished he had and followed the small figure through the now open doors. The room he entered was completely different from the hallway and if he didn't know any better this would look just like Nal Hutta.

He scanned the room slowly and then was called over by a protocol droid. “I present to you, the mighty Hortsa the hutt.”
The droid stepped back quickly and those giant yellow hut eyes tore themselves from the bowl of frogs and settled on Fah. “Ahhh, Fah Garel, the famous bounty hunter, thank you for coming.”
The Hutt roared in Huttese. Fah remembered his manners in front of a hutt quickly and bowed almost to the floor. “As always oh most great of all hutts, I always return to those who pay me well.” He seemed pleased. “As you should Fah, its what a smart man would do.”
“So, i understand you have a job for me?” Fah bowed again. “That is most generous of you oh great one.”

“Yes..” The hutt turned to his protocol droid who leaned in to listen and Hortsa spoke softly. “At once sir.” The seemingly nervous droid answered before waddling off to speak with a mechanic that sat in the corner polishing a sub light drive bucking. The mechanic left through the doors, moving from Nal Hutta to Kamino it seemed.
The hutt looked down at Fah with a wide smile, if thats what you would call a smile. “Your ship will be refueled and rearmed, for now you can go with my droid to receive instructions on your next mission. He bowed even lower with a smile on his face, hidden behind his visor. “Thank you, most gracious of all hutts.” On his way out he glanced over at a trandoshen that had thick bandages wrapped around his stomach. I wounder what happened to him?

Fah Garel-Bounty Hunter

Chapter Two-Beginning the Job

Fah stepped into the brightly lit hall which now that he thought about it must not have been built by the hutt but instead ti was probably an abandoned cloning facility, or a captured one. He followed the protocal droid to another dimly lit room, covered in dirt and grime. A few chairs had fallen over and there was a dusty control panel that stretched across all four walls, stopping at the door. The only thing that was not dusty was the holo-projector. It dominated the dark room and 3 iron colored steps riddled with footprints led down to the circular emitter.

The droid pressed a series of buttons along the opposite side of the projector from Fah and the machine hummed to life.
The top turned blue and lit up slowly. It had to be at least a hundred years old. The protocol droid reached into one of the pouches that hung around his waist, strange for a droid. He pulled out a black data chip and inserted it into a slot. The slot protruded from the projector slightly and it made a crunchy sound when the chip was inserted. A holo sprang up in front of him and he stepped back to get a good look. Words appeared across the bottom, apparently last known associates and sightings. “This is your target Mr.Garel.” The droid showed him the information and then pulled out the data chip. The droid went over some logistics and allowed Fah to examine the holo a while longer “Here you are sir, standard payment as usual, half now half on delivery, good luck.”

Fah put the chip in one of the data ports on the side of his helmet, that way he could access the info whenever he needed and add his targets face to the alert system. “There’s no such thing as luck droid, just a bunch of tricks and bantha fodder.” Fah headed for his ship down the hallway and past the guard droid that still did not move.

Fah exited the atmosphere of Kamino with dry relief and checked over the information again. It seemed to good to be true with all of the personal details and possible locations. Maybe this guy was in the government or something, the best place to look for rouge politicians is Nar Shadda. He punched in the familiar coordinates and hit the jump button. The black Hunter class freighter jumped to hyperspace, pushing Fah back into his seat, the stars streaking by faster then light.

The ship popped out of hyperspace three hours later and Fah's helmet beeped loudly waking him from a nightmare. He jumped to his feet rifle ready and then realized where he was. Sitting back down he went back to business. He need a cup of caff but wanted to land first. He activated communications with his favorite port in the middle of Nar Shadda's main city, sending his identification code. “Ahhhh Fah!” “How are ya?” Fah smiled at the friendly face on his monitor, not that Zeck could see it. “I’m doing fine Zeck, I’m here to look in on a job.”

Zeck switched to business. “Oh, oh, so your probobly looking for that politician that’s been sneaking around?”
“How’d you know?” Zeck smiled over the fuzzy projector. “You know me Fah, I always know things, come on down and land, besides i don't think your the only one looking for him.”

The black freighter settled down on its repsolifts and the usuall creaks and release of pressure followed. Fah walked into the kitchen and started a cup of caff. The small window read “Three Standard Minutes” but then it sparked and the numbers dissapeared. "Piece of Jawa junk..."

He didn't want to keep his friend waiting and just unplugged it from the wall. He walked down the ramp, It was great to be back in a familiar place. He was always marveled at the thick traffic of gangsters and low life's that covered the sky's above. He headed toward the building the landing pad protruded from and stepped through the grey door way. It closed just as he stepped inside, with a uneasy hiss.

FAWUMP!
The door shook and he almost fell to his knees. Stumbling forwards he reached out and pushed himself back toward the door. It flew open and he stared blankly at the place where his ship used to be. Now there was only falling rubble and a black scorch mark.
ARUETYC….TAKISIR!

Last edited by Jasterk Staren on Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:22 am; edited 5 times in total
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

STORY-Fah Garel Part 1: Bounty Hunter. Empty Chapters three and four

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:14 am

Fah Garel-Bounty Hunter

Chapter Three-Old Friends and Corellian Junk

Fah jogged down the ramp and his armor made a clanking sound barely heard over the falling chunks of Dura steel and random internal parts. He approached the edge of the landing platform and looked down at a small electronic timer. More pieces of debris fell around him as he picked up the timer. He checked the back and his helmet identified the strange square attachment on the back as a time detonator. Infuriated at the loss of his new ship, and the fact that he had been tricked he stormed up the ramp toward the building again. He calmed himself as he walked through the hallway toward the door that entered into the air traffic control room. He opened the door with his rifle safety off and over his shoulder. Zeck had all the lights turned on and his helmet visor adjusted to huge change in lighting from the dark cloud covered outside and dirty hallway.

He walked up to Zeck who wore headphones. “AHHH!” Zeck spun around and jumped to his feet with a look on his face like he was about to fight a sith lord. “Oh its just you Fah, what’s your problem don’t do that, whew, you gave me a fright there.” Zerk sat back down in his rickety blue roll around chair and activated the auto landing systems to direct traffic.

Fah was still angry and needed answers quick, most of what he owned had just blown up. “So Zeck, would you mind telling my why my ship just exploded randomly?” Zeck seemed surprised to the point of being ecstatic. “WHAT!” “IT EXPLODED!” “Oh yea right out there on the deck, if my caff machine had worked I wouldn’t be here right now!” Zeck was calming down and checked the panel quickly for any warning lights. “Well nothing went off and the cam for that pad wasn’t on at the time, it didn’t record, what the sith?!” Fah was getting angrier by the minute because he could no longer get his bounty but there was no doubt that when the hutt was having his ship refueled and armed someone rigged it to explode. “Well Zeck I need a ship, I’m going to get to the bottom of this!"

The yellow and grey overalls Zeck wore crinkled from grime as he stood up and looked into the T-shaped visor. “Ill see what I can do.”

The lift scraped to a halt and Fah stepped into another grimy corridor littered with ration rappers, drink cans and the occasional refugee. Zeck followed next and led the way to a locked door. Zeck scanned his card over the gray receiver attached to the wall and one of the doors unlatched, opening with surprising speed. “Come on Fah.” They entered the room and it was filled with old hyper drive units, some hydro spanners, random other tools and every outdated piece of space junk that you could think of. “Nice place Zeck.”

Zeck was not amused and threw him a scowl. “Sorry.” A door on the opposite side of the room slid open and on the deck that lay beyond sat a old Corellian vessel of unknown type. It was oblong shaped and seemed to have little armament say for a wobbly blaster cannon that looked big and poorly attached enough that Fah thought it would probably tear off if fired. “Well Fah she isn’t much, but she’ll get you wherever your going.” Zeck tossed him the ignition key and showed him around the ship for a few minutes. He then left to attend to his duties waving on the way. "Good luck, bring her back in at least three pieces or just bring a new ship!"
Fah saluted him with two fingers and jogged up the ramp and sat down in the cockpit starting to go get a feel of the controls. "I hope this thing is air tight."

Back to Kamino for some answers!

Fah Garel-Bounty Hunter

Chapter Four-Answers

The piece of junk Corellian freighter winked out of hyperspace and flew back into the foreboding cold atmosphere of Kamino. Fah uploaded a fake code to the ships computer and sent it to the hutt base. He received permission to land and put the ship on auto pilot.

A small trail of black smoke followed behind the freighter as it landed and fah ran down the ramp and jogged to the door splashing water into the air as it continued to drain over the side as fast as water could drain off the platform. The doors slid open as he approached and Fah stepped into the hall. The guard droid that had seemed deactivated stumbled back in surprise and aimed his blaster at Fah.

Fah didn't have time for games and he quickly disarmed the droid, knocking its blaster away and then smashing its head into the wall.

Drawing his blaster he fired three times and left three smoking holes in an approaching guard. Another four droids came up behind him and began to fire followed by ten more droids. “Ah BLAST!” Fah sprinted down the white hall using his memory of the place as best he could to navigate to the Hutt antechamber. He heard the clank and stomp of metal as the guard droids pursued behind him and the few that made it around the corner to take wild shots were blown away and Fah fired his own potshots under his arm as he ran. He was twenty feet from the door and ran into another guard.

Reaching to his left and grabbing the hilt with his right hand he unsheathed his Vibroblade and swung in a large arc. The purple, gold and silver blade cut through the droid skin like nerf butter and sparks showered over him. A blaster bolt bounced off his Beskar armor and Fah fired behind himself in a blind frenzy. He heard explosions and the ceiling light exploded showing more sparks into the hallway and darkening it to a pitch black level. His helmet night vision feature switched on automatically and he surveyed his surroundings for hostiles.

Seeing nothing but junk and the remains of a recent battle he moved on toward the antechamber door that indented the hall a few paces away. The door slid open and Fah stood at the side out of sight. He heard rumbling and clanking from the inside and a shaking droid carefully stepped into the hallway. The droid was blown away in a firestorm of Fah’s blaster fire and it fell to the ground bleeding motor oil along and spraing sparks. Fah stepped into the darkened room which was slightly illuminated by a few lamps. At his right the trandoshan was standing up with his blaster rifle and he spoke basic with a scared tone. “I don’t want to fight you bounty hunter, I’ll be going now.” f

Forgotten the trandoshan fled the room and Fah turned away, cautiously he moved over to the hutt but spotted a few droids and blew them away along with a fleeing astromech.

Hortsa screamed at the bounty hunters to defend him in huttese and Fah stepped up to a bounty hunter, crouched and punched him in the gut as a field of blaster fire exploded over him and he threw a stun grenade from the hip that disarmed most of the bounty hunters and smuggles as it exploded in a flash of brilliant white light but one survived the non lethal blast. Fah fired a shot between his twilek eyes and the remaining bounty hunters and criminal smugglers lay on the ground throwing off helmets or clutching their eyes in pain.

He stepped up to the gold rich looking platform that the wide eyed hutt gurgled and slumped on. "So, HONORABLE HUTT," He said sarcastically, "I who is trying to kill me?"

Last edited by Jasterk Staren on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

STORY-Fah Garel Part 1: Bounty Hunter. Empty Chapter 5 and Conclusion

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:42 am

Fah Garel-Bounty Hunter

Chapter Five-Life Saving Junk

“You will not threaten me Garel, I am a hutt and you are not worthy to threaten me!” The hutt was terribly frightened and Fah could see it in his wide glaring eyes. “Your right Hortsa, mightiest of hutts……I will not threaten you, I want to know who tried to kill me and why, if you don't answer then i will threaten you.” The hutt calmed down a little as Fah lowed the barrel of his blaster but didn’t holster it. Some of the questionably trust worthy guests that had been stunned by his grenade were regaining motor functions and starting to stir and regain their footing.

“Well Fah Garel, I did not try to kill you but I may have an idea who did, I admire a man such as your self who is willing to brave me and all of my defenses, for information. it shows that you are certainly a great bounty hunter and a great warrior.” Fah tilted his head to listen to the huttese that boomed throughout the acoustic room and was relieved for a second when the hutt did not activate the security cannons he had spotted protruding from holes in the ceiling. “Thank you Hortsa the hutt, I am glad you see it my way and I don't think you are the type of business man that lies, please tell me who tried to kill me and I will be on my way.” Of course the hutt could be lieing but with all his guards down and an armed mandolorian about to explode he was willing to risk that Hortsa wasn't.

Three of the stunned bounty hunters stumbled onto their feet and aimed blasters at Fah. “Stop!” the hutt boomed at them and they promptly dropped their blasters to a ready position. “Fah’s finger twitched to his trigger as he continued to listen, it was hard not to with the huttese magnified like this. “You could see the trandoshan earlier sitting near the door, correct?” the hutt lifted one eyebrow. “Correct.” Fah nodded in agreement and kept an eye on the bounty hunters with his three sixty vision.

The hut nodded for all the three inches he could with that large leathery neck. “Well Fah I believe he may be your attacker, he came in and was asking questions about you and the mandolorians, I told him nothing of course but he did not seem to like your kind very much, i was actually just about to throw him out but uhh, he payed handsomely for the information.” Dirty hutts, they'll do anything for a few more credits.

The huttese trailed off echoing into the darkness. Fah watched the bounty hunters closely as he backed out of the room. The hutt boomed one last phrase. "Of course you know Fah, you must never come back here, next time ill just blow you out of the sky.
"Of course, oh mightiest of hutts." Fah smiled under his helmet, turned, and started a fast run to the landing platforms.
He glimpsed a ship taking off from a platform outside through the view port and he ran faster through the smoking heaps of droid debris he passed in and out of lit and unlit areas of hallway till he reached the landing pad where his loaned oil leaking piece of junk sat. Fah ran up the ramp into the shabby inside of the Corellian vessel sat down in the pilots seat which crunched on the springs from prolonged use without replacement.

He activated the engines and took the ship out of the hazy rain filled atmosphere. The ride was a whole lot more bumpy and the huge after market engines didnt help, propelling the flying piece of scrap and vibrating violently. The large duel cannons hung from the circular bulkhead that protruded from the main cabin he sat in and he still thought they would rip off the whole hull structure if fired. The ship burst into space and he scanned the empty void for movement. KAKAKA! Red flashes of light hit the main viewport and shook him in the rickety seat. The amazingly bright flashes of light made his helmet visor completely tint and he punched the engines to the max, pushing hard on the throttle lever. CRACK! Half the throttle lever busted off and Fah threw over his sholder.

The flying scrap pile shot forward into the safety of open space and he heard crackling combined with wining as the hull was stretched to its limit. The rear view camera zeroed in on a brown and golden ship that pursued at top speed spraying fire and energy from its blaster cannons. The shots nearly missed the top of the canopy and Fah pushed down on the controls as far as he could but the ship responded faster than he expected, almost going into a full loop in less than three seconds. He was below the golden brown ship with his nose pointed toward its bottom. He flipped the safety switch off the firing trigger and twisted the weapons control knob from blaster cannon to ion cannon. He flexed his gloved index finger and put the ship in his crosshairs.

Fah squeezed the trigger and large blue cylinders of charged sparking energy shot toward the enemy ship. three or four hit their mark and the entire enemy ships hull glowed blue before losing all shield energy. The enemy ship turned to retreat from the dog fight, heading toward an asteroid field three or four clicks away. Fah lined up behind the retreating enemy vessel and let loose another barrage of ion blasts. He must have ion dampening! They left a trail behind the enemy ship as it turned away from the asteroid field and toward open space. Fah watched as the golden brown ships twin blue engines began to glow brightly. “NO!” Fah tried to track its hyperspace route and he punched in the ships trajectory just as it zapped into nothingness.
Fah examined the trajectory that had been calculated and only one planet name came up.
Korriban……

Fah Garel-Bounty Hunter

Chapter Six-Loose End

Fah’s piece of junk warped out of hyperspace into the bustling busy atmosphere of Korriban. Sith fighters were being flown in all directions and large sprawling Sith battle cruisers sat awaiting repairs and refueling. Fah guided the ship closer to the planet and scanned the city of movement for any sight of the golden brown ship that contained that mando hating piece of bantha fodder trandoshan. The comm barked at him in the scilence and he looked down at it quickly enough to shift the helmet on his head. He pushed it back into position and depressed the comm activation button with his forefinger.

A fuzzy blue silhouette of a man wearing the traditional Sith uniform sprang to life in front of Fah’s eyes and spoke with a ignorant voice. “What is your business in this sector Zeck, I have good reason to blow you away.” Fah quickly pressed the talk button and spoke as calm as he could. “uhhh, this is not Zeck, I am borrowing his ship."

The Sith stepped out of the holo projectors view on his end and a large tall trandoshan with a bandage around his waist stepped into sight. “Hello mandolorian, still cant kill me huh?”

In anger Fah zeroed in on the signal as it cut off and pushed the throttle to full power. The ship shot forward straining and wining again but the piece of junk still held together, to his amazement. It would have to hold longer, a group of Sith fighters grouped up behind him and began firing.

The red laser cannon blasts flew past his ship all along its hull and a few direct hits dropped the shield but not by much. “This ship has oversized shield generators to!” Fah activated the automatic turret and he heard a buzzing sound as another over sized gun spun around on its gears. The ship began to shake as blasts of superheated energy shot backward away from the piece of flying junk or what he know thought of as a flying box of surprises. The shots traveled into the center of the Sith squadron and three hit their mark tearing through the hulls of the weak Dura steel fighter hulls. The ship rocked as the close explosions sent shockwaves into Fahs body. The fighters pealed off and Fah entered the atmosphere at full speed. He did not slow down and the ship began heating up.

Fah took this moment of burning panic to look at the position of the comm signal. Fah pressed a small button marked “track.” A few seconds later a red dot sprang up on the forward display and then floated to the side of the scratched screen, turning into an arrow. Fah turned the ship toward the arrow and then kept the dot in the middle of his sights. The ship shook and the hull was burning bright red.

Suddenly the ship rocketed into the desert air and the horizon came into view with the the sun raising above it. The small dot flashed and words scrolled across the beat up screen. “Danger, Danger, close proximity to target.” Fah looked up just in time with a lopsided jaw to see a missile flying toward him. He rolled the ship over and the missile spun past exploding in the upper atmosphere. He almost cheered but the screen beeped again. “Target Reached.”

The ship crashed sideways into a five story building and spun through it roughly twenty meters before coming to a halt. Fah crawled out of the upside down ships now shattered view port and lay on his back staring at the sparking and burning ceiling that dropped debris entangled with wires around him. He heard the ships engines sputter and die.

Fah was still laying on the ground when he heard the faint hum of a turbo lift over the sparking and explosions. He jumped to his feet and pulled the mandolorian pistol out of its holster. He hid behind a chared piece of Dura steel and looked across the room at an opening door. The door circled sideways and the trandoshan stepped through holding a blaster pistol.

Fah aimed quickly and squeezed the trigger rapidly releasing five shots. They spun through the air cooking the oxygen and releasing a small of ozone. The trandoshan dropped and rolled to avoid them just in time and sprung to his clawed feet returning fire. Fah strafed to the left firing back and rolling behind a crate ad the trandoshan returned fire/

Fah moved out from behind his cover and came face to face with the trandoshan. “Hi.” Fah swung with all his might and punched the trandoshan that stood above him square in the face. Both species dropped their blasters and they clattered across the floor, out of reach. The trandoshan seemed mostly unaffected and swung back. The gloved scaly hand hit Fah in the chest and his beskar shook and absorbed most of the blow but it was transferred through to Fah. He flew backward into a wall and fell to his knees. He reached next to him and picked up a bent piece of triangle shaped glass. He cupped it in his hand and stood up with a groan.

The trandoshan charged but fah reacted swinging the makeshift blade with what little strength he could muster. The pointed end buried into the trandoshans skull and blood spurted from the wide wound. A large heavy body that was once quite deadly fell to the ground with a scaly useless thud.
Fah examined his bloody knuckle, broken ribs and bruised forehead. He coughed and fell back to the ground, laying on his back. He could hear the whirring of a turbo lift again. Searching for a way out Fah crawled to his feat and examined his surroundings. He limped over to the edge where his ship had entered the building and hanging from the ceiling was a bundle of wires about 200 feet long and down on the ground below him sat a group of sith fighters and a few dark jedi exiting their cockpits to enter the same building Fah stood in.

"Blast!" "how do i get into these things!"

Last edited by Jasterk Staren on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

STORY-Fah Garel Part 1: Bounty Hunter. Empty Re: STORY-Fah Garel Part 1: Bounty Hunter.

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:26 am

It's too bad you weren't around for the Battle Royale. You'll have to catch the next one man. I haven't read this yet, but will soon.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

STORY-Fah Garel Part 1: Bounty Hunter. Empty Re: STORY-Fah Garel Part 1: Bounty Hunter.

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:01 am

Yea ill make sure i do.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:59 am

I wanna here what you guys think of this story if you have the time to read it.

just bumping.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:45 pm

I like it. It's fun.
Pm'd you some typos
whats with the ending, there isno ending? is it in the next part? haven't had time to read it yet.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:12 am

Ok thanks a lot man. There is a second part that im in the process of writing but what i have right now is posted up as Fah Garel Part 2, just check the fan creations section.

Thanks for the list of typos it really helps.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:10 am

This is good man. I haven't been able to finish it yet, but I'm enjoying the story. I saw a few minor grammatical errors, but wasn't sure if Beadle had already told you or not.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:31 am

Yea beadle pointed them out but i haven't got around to navigating to and fixing them. Later when im working on Part 2 ill fix em. Thanks for reading!
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down