Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bounty Hunter Class Reveal!

+3
Darka
Balketh Aran
Jacan Na'al
7 posters

Go down

Bounty Hunter Class Reveal! Empty Bounty Hunter Class Reveal!

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:46 am

Quote from the official news reveal:
We are proud to announce the first playable character class revealed in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, the Bounty Hunter.

An infamous mercenary of the Star Wars™ universe, the Bounty Hunter’s journey is ruthless yet rewarding. Deadly missions and assassinations are just part of the dangerous tasks involved in choosing the Bounty Hunter career path. With missiles and flamethrowers at arm’s reach, the Bounty Hunter uses the latest in advanced armor and weapon technology to carry out these assignments - gaining not only money, but notoriety as a reward.

Access more data about the Bounty Hunter! And make sure to deck out your desktop with our newest wallpaper!
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Bounty Hunter Class Reveal! Empty Re: Bounty Hunter Class Reveal!

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:58 am

Whilst it doesn't say directly, the overview makes it sound like Bounty Hunters will be specific to the Sith Empire, maybe Smugglers or Nobelmen will be the Republic equivalent?

Also down the bottom it says "Also see: Sith Empire, Hutta"

Which really convinces me that they are faction specific (and also that they probably start on Nal Hutta)

I love the look of the bounty hunter they feature mainly but the guy with the open face is pure awesome I reckon. And I am pretty sure there is a female bounty hunter there too.

I love the look of the guns and how they show the improvements on them, and different colours probably depicting different blast effects.

And I love the breakdown of the armor, especially showing the figure without its helmet on because it bolsters my hopes for customisation.

I love the three weapons they demonstrate in video clips and the sounds are just as I would want them.

PLUS the graphics and smooth flowing of the characters look awesome.

My excitement levels just went through the roof.

And check out my new wallpaper.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Balketh Aran Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:01 am

I basically echo what Jacan says abouve, with a difference though.

The animations look HORRIDLY choppy.

Hopefully the game is smooth as melted butter, otherwise it'll be an utter pain in the ass...

But, either way, the class looks great.
Balketh Aran
Balketh Aran

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:18 am

yeah -1 for faction specific classes
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:14 am

I didn't notice it choppy on my end. Maybe I don't know what to look for though. I guess I have missed all the stuff you all have read about the bounty hunter. Gonna check it out in a sec.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:32 am

Definitely sounds like its gonna be restricted to Sith. It kinda makes sense, however I'm not a huge fan of restricting things in a game like this. It looked pretty cool though. I hope they aren't restricting each class to a particular type or set of armor.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:27 pm

Balketh Aran wrote:I basically echo what Jacan says abouve, with a difference though.

The animations look HORRIDLY choppy.

Hopefully the game is smooth as melted butter, otherwise it'll be an utter pain in the ass...

But, either way, the class looks great.

Really? I replayed the little videos of the three attacks over and over and I can't see anything I consider choppy at all.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:10 am

They also mention that bounty hunters are equal in combat to jedi and are known as "jedi killers". I wonder if that means Jedi and Bounty hunters are gonna be the two strongest combat classes? They seem to say things for a reason or not say things for a reason so far.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:14 pm

Arashi wrote:They also mention that bounty hunters are equal in combat to jedi and are known as "jedi killers". I wonder if that means Jedi and Bounty hunters are gonna be the two strongest combat classes? They seem to say things for a reason or not say things for a reason so far.

All classes will be equal, that is the goal.

All classes are heroic, even clones killed jedi in order 66.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Naidon Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:15 pm

The BH's do look really cool and I do like the layout of the page they have for them on the main site. I will have a Jedi, but I am looking to play some other class as my main. So, I am gald to see a good looking alternative to playing a Jedi. I do hope to see massive amounts of clothing, armor and any other items that will make many classes look unique. I am glad to see they are showing us some really good content already.
Naidon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:50 pm

thinking of having my main as a bounty hunter.. hmm.. see what happens in the future, i dont particulary want to be restricted to a sith side bounty hunter..
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Balketh Aran Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:03 pm

My main will be a Force user, of whichever classes they have, be it Jedi, Adept, etc, etc.

My alt? I don't normally do alts, but the BH looks promising...
Balketh Aran
Balketh Aran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:12 pm

I need alts. Otherwise I lose interest or become bored with my main. I think I will roll a BH for my alt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:49 pm

I think if they do it right smuggler could be a very cool profession.

I don't mind professions being equal in combat as long as it makes sense. For example a jedi should have no problem killing a ranged player up close. I guess it will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:03 am

I suppose if they do make the BH Sith only than I might have to find another server to play. We should decide on a Sith alt server so we can play with each other when we are not on republic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:30 am

That may not be necessary, some information leads me to think you could switch faction during the progress of your characters storyline.

In which case we will just need to co-ordinate those working for the Sith at the start until they can switch to the republic.

If that ends up being an option.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:12 pm

In the short video clip of the bounty hunter using his flame thrower it kinda looks like he might be holding a blaster in the hand thats shooting the flames. Am I just imagining this?
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Arashi wrote:In the short video clip of the bounty hunter using his flame thrower it kinda looks like he might be holding a blaster in the hand thats shooting the flames. Am I just imagining this?

I think that is just coincidence if it is even there (I can't tell).

In the animation on that info page there is definitley no blaster in the hand that shoots flame, it looks like it is meant to be coming from a slot in the armor sleeve.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:25 pm

I think I might have said that wrong. I know he's shooting flames from his gadget on his arm, but I thought it looked like he was duel wielding. I really like how they are putting the weapons on the players sides like they are in holsters. Now they just need to get some actual holsters.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:38 am

Arashi wrote:I think I might have said that wrong. I know he's shooting flames from his gadget on his arm, but I thought it looked like he was duel wielding. I really like how they are putting the weapons on the players sides like they are in holsters. Now they just need to get some actual holsters.

Ah yes, well now your comment makes sense lol.

I have seen stills from the videos showing dual wield lightsabers, and I do not think it is much of a progression to have dual wield blasters. Dual wield rifles and such might be pushing it though.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:59 pm

Personally, I think that having classes side-specific is necessary.
It may not be cool (especially since BHs are usually freelance and doing their own thing) but it helps to keep sides 'even', because there could possibly be an uneven number of people on one side if certain classes were free from allegiance.

The BH looks great and is making me consider going for an Alt for the first time. I am anxiously waiting to be a Jedi, but right now, the Bounty Hunter is looking good from where I'm sitting.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Ban Durm wrote:Personally, I think that having classes side-specific is necessary.
It may not be cool (especially since BHs are usually freelance and doing their own thing) but it helps to keep sides 'even', because there could possibly be an uneven number of people on one side if certain classes were free from allegiance.

The BH looks great and is making me consider going for an Alt for the first time. I am anxiously waiting to be a Jedi, but right now, the Bounty Hunter is looking good from where I'm sitting.

That could work both ways also. Having classes faction specific could mess the balance up too. Would be nice if they would let people choose to be neutral too.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down