Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Class Discussion

+7
Benson
Arashi Storm
Quinlan Sa'athis
Carlen Darko
Kevlar
Tyren Vaal
Mardon Ag'dor
11 posters

Go down

Class Discussion Empty Class Discussion

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:54 am

Has anyone decided or at least got a good idea of what class they are going to roll when the game releases?
I think i am going with Jedi Consular.

Also what do you think each class role will be?
Jedi Consular - Ranged DPS
Jedi Knight - Tank
Smuggler - CC
Trooper - DPS

I havent figured out the Sith side yet and nor do i think i'm 100% on any of these.
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Class Discussion Empty Re: Class Discussion

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:00 am

Bioware's trying to break away from the trinity in MMO gaming, so for an example a consular can be a DPS range class of some sort or a support/healer

I think your list is pretty accurate though, I am rolling a trooper
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:04 am

Im Stuck I want to be a trooper too because i feel like it will be the class that is needed but enough people will not be it so i would end up being a large asset to any group that I am in and I also feel like Jedi Consular will have a vast majority of the initial population. Hmmm we will see when release date closes in.
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:15 pm

I'll most likely be rolling a Consular as my main, probably spec it towards support/healing. Havn't yet decided on a name, but it will definitely be female duel saber wielder. =P

My primary alt will be Human Female Agent Alicia De'Lories though I may still roll her as a Republic Smuggler. I guess it depends how restrictive the game system will be, like if you are sith-side, will the choices be majority pro-darkside? Can you be a neutral or good aligned sith without massive setbacks?

After that I might branch out into other classes.

I'm also interested in what classes and types fellow OUFers will be rolling, it would be good if we got a decent distribution of class and type.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:42 pm

I like being the underdog and rolling the class least traveled i also wanna run a BH as an alt just because that class sounds fun!
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:01 pm

Consular for me.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Likely a Knight, Consular is a possibility, will roll both and see I guess.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:57 pm

hmm, makes me want to roll a smuggler, we are a bit Jedi heavy looks like, I think we have quite a few troopers as well and no smugglers.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Arashi will be a trooper and Vly will either be Consular or Knight.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Kevlar wrote:hmm, makes me want to roll a smuggler, we are a bit Jedi heavy looks like, I think we have quite a few troopers as well and no smugglers.

I have considered whether Tyren should be a smuggler or a trooper, I'm thinking of making a new character too.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:24 am

I decided a long time ago to play a smuggler and it still hasn't changed.

Alt will be a jedi for sure, want to experience that aswell offcourse.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:56 am

My first choices would be trooper and the consular..

But as the numbers roll in I'll see what our guild lacks in and I shall make those classes.

Prefer CC/Support classes.. They're more fun to play than DPS Class Discussion 303161
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:45 am

Rygal Blaqk wrote:My first choices would be trooper and the consular..

But as the numbers roll in I'll see what our guild lacks in and I shall make those classes.

Prefer CC/Support classes.. They're more fun to play than DPS Class Discussion 303161

I like CC/DPS usually a combination of both we will see what each class is more geared for when we get to see some gameplay videos.
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:51 am

personally I think that they are going to design the classes so that each class can spec towards either CC/support, dps or tanking.

I remember reading somewhere that they are trying to stay away from the whole triad system, though I can't really see how (maybe thats a failure of my imagination I guess)

I wish they'd push out more game play videos already so that we can see each class in action.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 am

Kevlar wrote:personally I think that they are going to design the classes so that each class can spec towards either CC/support, dps or tanking.

I remember reading somewhere that they are trying to stay away from the whole triad system, though I can't really see how (maybe thats a failure of my imagination I guess)

I wish they'd push out more game play videos already so that we can see each class in action.

/Agree
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:04 am

Though thinking about it, how would a Smuggler spec towards tank?

What? They are so damn lucky that 9 out of 10 shots miss? Thereby being just as tough as a trooper with 90% damage resist armor?
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:31 am

Kevlar wrote:Though thinking about it, how would a Smuggler spec towards tank?

What? They are so damn lucky that 9 out of 10 shots miss? Thereby being just as tough as a trooper with 90% damage resist armor?

Yeah that doesn't make sense that a smuggler would be able to tank. but maybe tanking isn't needed in TOR? Yoda
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:19 am

I can't see an mmo that doesn't require a player in a party to take the majority of the damage though, it saves so much work for healers and CC's. Plus it lets DPS's wack away to their heart's content.

I honestly can't imagine a mmo without triad, I can't can imagine being able to spec your character to any of the three without having class restrictions, but not abandoning the system all together.

Not a game that I think I'd enjoy atleast.

Last edited by Kevlar on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:33 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Thats 'can' not can't sorry.)
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:29 pm

Kevlar wrote:I can't see an mmo that doesn't require a player in a party to take the majority of the damage though, it saves so much work for healers and CC's. Plus it lets DPS's wack away to their heart's content.

I honestly can't imagine a mmo without triad, I can't imagine being able to spec your character to any of the three without having class restrictions, but not abandoning the system all together.

Not a game that I think I'd enjoy atleast.

I know how you feel. the pre packaged conception of an MMO that has been ingrained in all of us over the years are hard forget but maybe Bioware may just be the ones to break us out of that mold we can unfortunately only speculate at this point.
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Well, I'm certainly going to roll a Force user (most likely a Consular) once the game comes out. I like the Force wielding aspects of the game... not so much the lightsaber functions.
I'll probably roll an alt that's either a trooper or a smuggler; whichever is needed more for the guild. I'll probably try to keep them at an even level so they can be utilized for whatever situation the guild may need.
Though, on second thought, I might be sacrificing a good deal of time into this game if I do this...
*weighs options of a contented girlfriend vs. awesome guild status....*
Hmm....
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:35 am

Bahn Durm wrote:*weighs options of a contented girlfriend vs. awesome guild status....*
Hmm....

Introduce GF to SWTOR and OUF, get her hooked into mmos and awesome guild.

Achieve both objectives, mission accomplished =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:25 am

Mardon Ag'dor wrote:Has anyone decided or at least got a good idea of what class they are going to roll when the game releases?
I think i am going with Jedi Consular.

Also what do you think each class role will be?
Jedi Consular - Ranged DPS
Jedi Knight - Tank
Smuggler - CC
Trooper - DPS

I havent figured out the Sith side yet and nor do i think i'm 100% on any of these.

Counsular for me. This choice fits my way of playing. I want to get into the meat of the game, the intrigue of what is going on behind the scenes. A knight will probably see more action the trooper also, but I like working thru problems using the saber only when nessessary.
Smuggler sounds really fun though. I played a spy in Galixies and it was a lot of fun. I'm assuming the smuggler will have some stelth abilities. What do you guys think?
Jalen Lojed
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:35 am

How come all our Jedi are consulars, am I the only knight i think we sould have a poll for everyones main just so its easier to see how many people are in what class.
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:37 am

Rebel marksman wrote:How come all our Jedi are consulars, am I the only knight i think we sould have a poll for everyones main just so its easier to see how many people are in what class.

I'll start one in the Member section. Just to get an idea of what our spread will be like, but yeah, I think that in the end, it will be Jedi Consular heavy
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down