Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars books.

+5
Rebel Marksman
Arashi Storm
Tyren Vaal
Rusic Terron
Jasterk Staren
9 posters

Go down

Star Wars books. Empty Star Wars books.

Post  Jasterk Staren Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:22 am

Contains spoilers look out for the SPOILER ALERT!

Im wondering how many people here read the EU star wars books and which ones are your favorites.

I have read the han solo trilogy, the young boba fett series, some of the new jedi order, some of the young jedi knight, the killick series, the legacy of the force series, most of the X-Wing series, and many other miscellaneous ones or some i cant remember.

My favorite series so far has been the legacy of the force series because it has all the original characters in their 60s along with boba fett who is in his 70s going on epic dramatic adventures. But

Spoiler:

Im currently reading the book Millennium Falcon and its pretty awesome so far, i cant wait for the next page!! I think ill go read it now.

Last edited by Jasterk Staren on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Star Wars books. Empty Re: Star Wars books.

Post  Rusic Terron Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:38 am

Darth Bane, Republic Commando and Legacy of the Force series. All of which where awesome and can't wait for the next Darth Bane and Republic Commando books Very Happy

Oh and FYI, please put the "Spoiler" thing in the topic title,
I've read all that but some might accidentally read it and get pissed :P
Rusic Terron
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:41 am

Lol ok gotcha, Yea i forgot the republic commando series, im going to read imperial commando after millennium falcon then its onto the fate of the jedi series!
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:39 pm

I never got into buying Star Wars books, though if they're all awesome/nearly as awesome The Force Unleashed then I might start on the Republic Commando series
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:23 pm

I have read Legacy of the Force, Republic Commando, first Darth Bane book, Dark Rendezvous, Thrawn trilogy, half of the Han solo series, and am just about to finish the Black Fleet Crisis series.

I had some high expectations for the Black Fleet Crisis. It has been decent, but I am a little disappointed over all.

It's so hard to pick a favorite. My top three so far are Legacy of the Force, Republic Commando, and Thrawn trilogy.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:57 am

The thrawn trilogy was so cool because it introduced a lot of characters and they were some of the first EU books.

@Tyren- The commando trilogy is pretty awesome, it has lots of action but also goes into mandolorians and the characters A LOT. Its written by Karen Travis who has invented the entire Mando'a language and written most of the recent SW books involving mandos like the whole commando trilogy and the Legacy of The Force book Bloodlines. Shes even been helping out people on The Dented Helmet with questions about characters armor and stuff.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:27 am

I've read everything between the Trawn trilogy to the Children of the Jedi (7-books in total), also Shadows of the Empire which takes place between Episodes 5 and 6, and I've read the force unleashed book (not that great but it is intresting).

As for my favorite it would be the Last command from the Tawn trilogy, followed by Shadows of the Empire (which if you haven't read i would strongly suggest you do).
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:05 am

I remember playing the game shadows of the empire, thats a really cool time period because all the imperials blockading smugglers and stuff.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:19 am

I will have to check out shadows of the empire one of these days when I get through all the books I've bought.

I'm so tempted to go back and re-read Republic Commando! It gets me pumped. It's like watching black hawk down or braveheart or something like that before you go out on mission.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:52 am

I just started Vector Prime a few days ago and It is really good so far. Anyone else read this one?
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:20 am

Never even heard of it but if you say its good ill go look it up and buy it.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:51 am

OHHH! I know this one, BIG stuff happens in these books, George Lucas him self had his hand in the story and Mark Hamill did a narration for the commercial for this book.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:36 pm

I've never heard of the author. His name is R. A. Salvatore. It is a little slow starting, but I feel the writing is still good. Some books I've read seem slow and extremely boring. I don't get that feel from this one. It's about ten years after the Black Fleet Crisis, which I read last. It seems a lot has happened in those ten years, but probably nothing too important. I guess I better stop there before I give too much away.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:18 am

I've read some of the other new jedi order series and found them painfully slow at time but i have the first and last books from that series so maybe ill read them. I pretty much skipped them and went strait to the dark nest series 40 years ABY.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:00 am

It seems Vector Prime is the beginning of the Yuuzhong Vong invasion.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:23 am

Yea, the beginning of like a 19 book series involving the yuzaan vong.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Chilli Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:57 am

just about done with Thrawn series so thnx for the tips, might try the legacy series next
Chilli
Chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Chilli wrote:just about done with Thrawn series so thnx for the tips, might try the legacy series next

Awesome, what did you think about it?
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Chilli Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:50 am

Loved them was the first star wars books had really read outside the main storyline, big thanks to who ever recommended them and im hoping the legacy series is a good read as well
Chilli
Chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Kinda off topic here, but since this thread is for star wars book fans, can some one tell me the name of the cyborg who Boba Fett took with him to meet some Hutts?

I think this is from The Mandalorian Armor. or something like that.

The cyborg in question had replaced his head with a giant plasma-cannon and his legs for a tripod like configuration of limbs.

Any one know his name?
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:50 pm

@Kev - That would be D'harhan. (wiki)
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:27 am

Carlen Darko wrote:@Kev - That would be D'harhan. (wiki)

Cheers Carlen! That's the one!
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:03 am

Kevlar wrote:
Carlen Darko wrote:@Kev - That would be D'harhan. (wiki)

Cheers Carlen! That's the one!

Any time Kev.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:10 am

X-Wing,Thawn, and the Darth Bane series were my favorite. I've read a great number of Star Wars books. Lately, most of the newer books are slow and repedative.

I like Timothy Zahn as an author. He seems able to develop several characters throughout his books and makes you identify with each one. He also has the ability to keep the reader guessing from one page to the next. No small feat with me. I have high standards in my reading just like Kevlar.

I was suprised though with the Darth Bane series. The writers were not bad and I liked more intell on the dark side. Especially "the rule of two". The writers explained why there is only one sith master and apprentice at one time.

X-wing is exciting and fast moving. For those readers who tend to nodd-off now and then. Star Wars books. 91675

Last edited by Jalen Lojed on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops)
Jalen Lojed
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:12 am

Kavar. Smile
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down