Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Fix

+11
Tyrael Rahl
Foilole
Jango Znita
Epicurus
Immortal Lowlife
Darka
Arashi Storm
Eli Aberyst
Rygal Blaqk
Jacan Na'al
Quinlan Sa'athis
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Star Wars Fix - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars Fix

Post  Thalos Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:25 am

Playing stragety games like Medieval total war 2 and its expansion. Great game to kill time till swtor comes out.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:31 am

I absolutely love the total war games! Starting with Shogun. Awesome, awesome games!
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:57 am

Have you tried out the new Empire Total War yet? Im reluctant to, since it will focus on ranged fighting rather than good 'ol hand to hand.....
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:29 am

Its not star wars but I enjoy Sins of a Solar Empire.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:58 am

Sins is a load of fun, but the lack of a single player campaign annoys me, bigtime.
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:03 pm

I don't think I have heard of Empire total war. I will have to look into it. And I have never heard of sins of a solar empire. Sounds interesting.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:05 pm

Yeah sin of a solor empire is a grand game. Great multiplayer stragety warfare.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:03 am

Empire is the newest Total War, but set in the colonial/Napoleonic period. I haven't played it yet.
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:05 pm

That sounds very interesting. I shall have to check it out. Thank you
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Arashi, you can't check out EVERYTHING haha.
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Depends on what your definition of checking it out is.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Hm, true i suppose, i was referring to buying every single game that has been mentioned in this thread haha.
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:09 am

I definitely won't be doing that. However I do want to check into the games some more.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm just borrowing Star Wars novels after my brother has read them.. although I read at a much slower pace than him.

Really looking forward to SWTOR, Gonna try play in a different style than I did on some other MMO's although.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:34 am

I've tried Empire Total War and meanwhile it was quite enjoyable, the former Medieval 2 Total War is by far more recommendable.

ETW is just too much of everything, you don't have time watching the actual battle because you're busy giving out orders. And the graphics are crazy, you need a fairly good computer just to play on low settings. You would thought that the graphics in M2TW were good enough (which according to me looks alot better than on ETW).

But other then M2TW, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is something I think you should try if you haven't. It's is an amazing rpg-game which really is of it's own kind. Beautiful views, great story, exciting and sometimes creepy (the caves in the Xbox 360-version is alot darker then the one's on PC heh). The music is very colourful also.

Here is some info about Oblivion and also the forerunner Morrowind (music here).

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Morrowind
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:42 am

I Liked Oblivion as well Gatho. I never got around to finishing it, but it was a pretty cool game. While I was playing it I was thinking how cool it would be to have the same game style and mechanics but turn it in to a Star Wars game.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyrael Rahl Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:23 am

Indeed, Oblivion was a truly incredible game (as was Morrowind for that matter) Especially if you played through the questlines for the Guilds, notably the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood.
Tyrael Rahl
Tyrael Rahl

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:31 am

I still get angry when I think about how little time I got to play Oblivion.. I need to buy it, especially now that it comes in a neat little package with all of the expansions. But, Fallout 3 was made by the same guys and that game absolutely blew me away.. I can't even believe they could make something that size with such well done detail. I still play it constantly.. just trying to get a level 20 neutral character for that last achievement I need.

A Star Wars game with those mechanics, though.. hm, would be interesting. Might be a little wierd, but either way I don't think it will ever happen. If Bethesda was smart they would stick to continuing the Fallout series and supe up that upcoming Dragon Age game.. I just want them to choose a different capital and show it all post-apocalyptic.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:41 am

I picked up Oblivion 3 different times and just couldn't get into it. I beat the Thieves guild missions in like a couple hours then just got bored. Stealing things was the most fun I had in that game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:54 am

i havnt played oblivion yet just havnt got around to it yet but i have been thinking of picking it up but there are too many other games im ega to get first
Foilole
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:42 am

Yes the different guilds was the most fun in game for me (better then the main questline). Am looking forward to how they're going to develop the whole system in the next Elder Scrolls-game.

Yeah Satarel I really think you should do that, it's still a great game. And I need to try Fallout 3... But Dragon Age, isn't Bioware developing that game?

Funny Garr, it was the same for me in Morrowind. I never caught the beginning of the story, mostly because I was used to Oblivion's voice-overs and Morrowind only had Long read-dialogs.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:02 am

Yes, you're right, Bioware is developing Dragon Age.. got a little ahead of myself in that post. In either case, Fallout should continue.. even if it's just an even bigger expansion. The Pitt is alright, and New Las Vegas could be alright but there's next to no details besides the name... but I'd like to see them go somewhere other than the US.. see how people across the sea are reacting to the nuclear fallout. Even check out how we Canadians are reacting to it, even if they did annex us in the game ha.

Ah well, hopes and dreams..
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:42 am

I can't get either Pitt or Ancorage DLC's running for FO3
its pissing me off.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:09 pm

That would be a piss off.. I've just chosen not to buy them yet. Maybe will in a little bit.. Anchorage solely because of the stealth suit. Looks badass. And Pitt for a ton of reasons, but mainly the Auto-axe.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:16 pm

I just want more people to slaughter.
One game I played I started at one end of the map and systematically wiped out everything that moved that I could target.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next