Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The music-thread

+22
Beadle
Delyn
Kevlar
Cullis
Jasterk Staren
Leprano
Cuyir
Tyren Vaal
Carlen Darko
Skeevenmac
Master Nuuk
Valeris
Reicho Seitoshi
Gerard Halcyon
Bahn Durm
Arashi Storm
Thalos
Quinlan Sa'athis
Toranilor
Satarel Vao
Jeme'Maer
Gatho
26 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The music-thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The music-thread

Post  Gerard Halcyon Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:19 am

Dude! My woman is gonna love me when I play this for her when I see her later this month! Hehehe! Thanks, dude!
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:09 am

Hahaha, I grew up listening to that kind of stuff from my father. I never had liked it. Then I played Fallout 3 and started humming the song. Went home to visit my parents at Christmas and started humming it, and my father was thinking that I'd finally conformed to his genre interests.

And Frank Sinatra. Not a fantastic singer, but something about his voice... just does it.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

The music-thread - Page 2 Empty Bowser Theme

Post  Valeris Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:20 am

I still remember the first time I played Super Mario Brothers on NES and King Koopa came onscreen. I was terrified and started bawling while my father tried to convince me it was just a game. I still get nervous playing against Koopa and the music still gets me.
Valeris
Valeris

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:23 am

Valeris wrote:I still remember the first time I played Super Mario Brothers on NES and King Koopa came onscreen. I was terrified and started bawling while my father tried to convince me it was just a game. I still get nervous playing against Koopa and the music still gets me.
Hahah
Everytime I hear the Bowser theme (dubba-dubba-dubba) I can't help but think of a professor that we called Bowser. She looked like the movie Bowser, so everytime she walked passed we'd all just kind of go "dubba-dubba-dubba" to ourselves. Cruel? Yes. Great stress relief? Abso-freakin-lutely.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:29 am

And now for something completely off topic: I always wanted an English bulldog named Bowser. Such a fitting name for the breed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:33 am

I just hit random on my music list and Alicia Keys came up.
Judge all you like, she's one of the few original artists left in the R&B genre who writes her own music and she's gorgeous as Hell.

Alicia Keys and Christina Aguilera performing together make the world go 'round, my friends.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Hah! I actually had to put some Usher on my playlist... Man, I'm not kidding, you having a romantic evening with your "other-half" and it will just make their heart melt...

And, yes, that woman is one of the very few R&B singers that still has the spark that made the genre...
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Nuuk Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:20 am

Arashi wrote:A song that makes me feel like "dancing" would be jump by Van Halen.

A song that makes me happy and I would like to have wake me up every morning (since I'm not a morning person) would be "its a great day to be alive" by Travis Tritt. Another awesome song that is uplifting is "I can only imagine" by Mercy Me.

Defintely, I would vote for JUMP.
Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:49 am

Everytime I hear the Bowser theme (dubba-dubba-dubba)

I played this during a solol on night on a song and the people in the club went nuts. Now, they ask me to play it every solo. lol
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:56 am

Sorry, I wanted to post one more thing. Re: the rant on the first page. I think most of the issue goes back further than you think. This was going on around the turn of the century with jazz, blues, bluegrass, and about every genre. If you didn't fit the stereotype you didn't get the gig.

I just read an interview today where a lady auditioned for bass for the band Sugarland. In the first audition they didn't even ask her to play. They wanted a picture of her and her favorite place to eat. The second audition is where she played and sang.

As far as the merchandise goes that's the main way most of the bands make a living. Record companies have to recoup so much in expenses it leaves very little to the artist. Check some stuff about Tom Petty. He stuck it back to the record companies and makes a ton now.
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:56 am

"Still Alive" the ending song for Portal. It's freaking hilarious.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:09 am

Carlen Darko wrote:"Still Alive" the ending song for Portal. It's freaking hilarious.

I've never played before, but is it by Pearl Jam? If so, badass.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:14 am

Carlen Darko wrote:"Still Alive" the ending song for Portal. It's freaking hilarious.

I think I remember that little song, always cheered me up.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:23 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:

I think I remember that little song, always cheered me up.

There's nothing better than a Motherbrain computer singing about how she's test subjects still alive to toy with.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:11 pm

Skeevenmac wrote:Sorry, I wanted to post one more thing. Re: the rant on the first page. I think most of the issue goes back further than you think. This was going on around the turn of the century with jazz, blues, bluegrass, and about every genre. If you didn't fit the stereotype you didn't get the gig.

I just read an interview today where a lady auditioned for bass for the band Sugarland. In the first audition they didn't even ask her to play. They wanted a picture of her and her favorite place to eat. The second audition is where she played and sang.

As far as the merchandise goes that's the main way most of the bands make a living. Record companies have to recoup so much in expenses it leaves very little to the artist. Check some stuff about Tom Petty. He stuck it back to the record companies and makes a ton now.

Hmmm lets take it back even further. The devil was the leader of the choir in heaven. So do you really wanna know where "bad" music comes from?? Just a little info for those that believe in God.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:27 pm

Well choirs in Heaven and a little different from choirs on Earth. A grouping of angels was called a choir.

And, by the way, if anyone likes really bad music check out The Shaggs. Frank Zappa said they were better than the Beatles. I love the song "My Pal Foot Foot."
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:49 am

Skeevenmac wrote:Well choirs in Heaven and a little different from choirs on Earth. A grouping of angels was called a choir.

And, by the way, if anyone likes really bad music check out The Shaggs. Frank Zappa said they were better than the Beatles. I love the song "My Pal Foot Foot."

And if you want the devil himself to sing for you...go listen to anything by Barney.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuyir Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:06 am

I don't know about happiest, but Pink Floyd has some of the most relaxing music I've ever listened to. Dark Side of the Moon is an amazing album.
Cuyir
Cuyir

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:29 am

Cuyir wrote:I don't know about happiest, but Pink Floyd has some of the most relaxing music I've ever listened to. Dark Side of the Moon is an amazing album.

Right on man I knew there had to be someone who loved pink floyd in here somewhere lol.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:09 am

Agreed it is quite soothing.
Reicho Seitoshi
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:55 pm

Another Pink Floyd fan here!

How about Queen? Any Queen lovers?
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Yes I love Queen just as much. The song that got me into them was We Will Rock You.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuyir Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:55 pm

Yeah, Queen is great as well. As is pretty much any rock band from that time period.
Cuyir
Cuyir

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:08 am

Got to say I love Queen, they got so many beautiful and good-melody songs. Always makes you happy. "I want to break free" and "Fat Bottomed Girls" are my personal favourites.

Also Garr I've been listening to Catch 22 for a couple of weeks and I really like that brass instrument-sound (if that's how you say it). Never heard anything like it before. Lol most songs are even shorter then most Ramones ones'.

Have you guys heard the Swedish bands Kent or Mando Diao? Just a little curious on seeing if our 'big bands' are famous out in the world. They're great anyway, lol.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 am

If I had to go and list the top 100 rock songs of all time, I would honestly have to place Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" at number 1!
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next