Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video*

+9
Udumbara
Cullis
Beadle
Jacan Na'al
Kevlar
Rusic Terron
Tyren Vaal
Arashi Storm
Nico Gaborik
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video* - Page 2 Empty Re: SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video*

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:40 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:There was a Kel Dor Jedi, so they obviously have a Kel Dor Character model, so I'm guessing it'll be playable.

I'm hoping it will be playable, but just cause its modeled doesn't mean its playable.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video* - Page 2 Empty Re: SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video*

Post  Udumbara Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:13 am

No matter what, it will fall short of everyone's expectations. Every new MMO does. That said, Bioware isn't stupid, so the game won't be bad. Everyone seems to forget that what makes an MMO great isn't the gameplay, graphics, quests, voice-overs, character selections or anything else the devs have control over. It's all about the community you are playing with. If you want action, play The Force Unleashed. If you want RP, play pen-and-paper SWRPG. If you want many characters and dialogue, I don't know a game, just watch the movies! Whether this game is good, bad, or ugly, despite being the graphics whore I am, I will play this game religiously because of the people I've met here.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 am

Arashi wrote:
Tyren Vaal wrote:There was a Kel Dor Jedi, so they obviously have a Kel Dor Character model, so I'm guessing it'll be playable.

I'm hoping it will be playable, but just cause its modeled doesn't mean its playable.

God, I hope that's not the case.
I saw the Kel Dor and freaked the Hell out.
And is the the Jedi Knight a Bothan?
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:54 am

I'm pretty sure its playable, in a few interviews they say there'll ne a lot of playable races.

i think the only non playable race is wookie. apart from hutt of course (and probably some other obscure races)
Delyn
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:28 am

Bahn Durm wrote:
Arashi wrote:

God, I hope that's not the case.
I saw the Kel Dor and freaked the Hell out.
And is the the Jedi Knight a Bothan?

It could be a bothan, but someone on the official forums said it was a Cathar and from a screen shot I saw it could be.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:28 am

They finally released the same video on TOR website, looks to be the same atleast.

Honestly can't stop watching it, I've done it about 5 or 6 times now ha
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:33 pm

Is it just me or did that Sith tomb quest look like a grind...?
I hope that if they do have that type of quest they limit it to the first 5 levels at most, perhaps as an introduction to combat.
Any ideas if the blocking was passive or activated?
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:45 pm

Beadle wrote:Is it just me or did that Sith tomb quest look like a grind...?
I hope that if they do have that type of quest they limit it to the first 5 levels at most, perhaps as an introduction to combat.
Any ideas if the blocking was passive or activated?

So far I know blocking off blaster shots is passive, so it's more likely blocking attacks are also passive.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:02 am

Grinding is what made MMO's, theirs always going to be a grind quest. Besides you need something to kill the time.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:46 am

Crafting and finding crafting materials kills time, but some of that finding is grind too I guess.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:44 am

Beadle wrote:Crafting and finding crafting materials kills time, but some of that finding is grind too I guess.

Crafting can also be pretty worthwhile and progressive at times as well for some people.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2