Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video*

+9
Udumbara
Cullis
Beadle
Jacan Na'al
Kevlar
Rusic Terron
Tyren Vaal
Arashi Storm
Nico Gaborik
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video* Empty SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video*

Post  Nico Gaborik Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:06 am

Looks like the greatest game ever made

20 minutes of game play walkthrough, use the side bar for more videos.

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/816935/bioware-mmo-project/videos/gcom09_oldrepublic_spc1_082109.html
Nico Gaborik
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video* Empty Re: SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video*

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:26 am

I'll be watching this over and over for a while. Awesome!
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video* Empty Re: SWTOR - GC 2009: Walkthrough *20 minutes of video*

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:33 am

My internet is at it's limit (my dad downloads too much,) so it's too hard to watch at the moment...though seeing from the first small bit in Nal Hutta that looks pretty good.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:58 am

Awww man, the combat looks so AWESOME! can't wait to play it :)
Rusic Terron
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:03 am

Someone has done a nice review of the video's.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=61907
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:25 pm

I think this has to be the best update yet? At least we've gotten to see what the game mechanics and such are like.

Did anyone else notice the dice rolls in the multi-player conversation things, I think the person with the highest rolls replies for that round.

I wonder how flashpoint choices work in group though, what if you had voted against that action? do you still take a hit in Force Alignment? That would kind of suck and make you have to really trust the people that you group with arn't going to do something stupid.

Otherwise the gameplay so far looks pretty awesome.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:52 pm

I dont even class it as an update, it isn't even mentioned on the TOR homepage.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Did anyone take notice to the Bounty Hunters Crowd Control and good AoE abilities?
For example, the Flame thrower, Stun Darts, and Death From above, whereas the Sith Warrior class seems to be a lot like a tough DPS class of some sort. Not to mention the AI for your companions is really great!
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:37 pm

@ Jacan - Yeah, they mentioned it on the TOR Events schedule and I saw on the forums they're still working on getting the video onto the site. I think they're trying to do it as one big video as well and that it will be a late fan Friday thing.

I'm dying here, net is capped for a week so I can't watch it...
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullis Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Loved the vids. Gameplay actually looks more interesting than I expected..
Cullis
Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm so used to AoC that this gameplay seemed very mild, but still good. I guess every game can't have blood spurting everywhere! On the downside, I'm worried about all these voice-overs. Hopefully the voice acting is good enough not to make me want to just read the subtitles and skip to the next dialogue. From what I saw, it seems pretty flat. "Argh, I'm a bountry hunter and I just want to kill stuff and shit." Bah! SKIP!! I'm also thinking that this will prevent anyone from being able to purchase the game via direct download, which really sucks. If an MMO like AoC was (I forget) somehwere around 14 Gigs, can you imagine what an MMO with ALL voice-overs would be? My God ... I think half the population will have to buy a new hard drive just to play this game. At least the environment seemed cool, and the graphics are all the really matter, right Kev?!
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:46 pm

ahahaha! I'll agree that the environments look pretty interesting.

To be fair though, it will probably be the same as AoC size-wise, mostly because they are going for the whole stylised graphics style instead of photorealism, which eats the HD space. But I wouldn't quote me on that.

Regardless though, I will definitely be buying the box set, if only just for the box and assorted knickknacks that usually come with it.

The only thing that is unclear to me right now that I wish was made a little bit more public is the type of gaming style TOR is going to be, I just wish they would show more of actual gameplay, PVE, PVP, partying, raiding. etc.

Hopefully it will turn out to be more MMO then AoC (aka the world's largest singleplayer-online game)
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:05 pm

Udumbara wrote:I'm so used to AoC that this gameplay seemed very mild, but still good. I guess every game can't have blood spurting everywhere! On the downside, I'm worried about all these voice-overs. Hopefully the voice acting is good enough not to make me want to just read the subtitles and skip to the next dialogue. From what I saw, it seems pretty flat. "Argh, I'm a bountry hunter and I just want to kill stuff and shit." Bah! SKIP!! I'm also thinking that this will prevent anyone from being able to purchase the game via direct download, which really sucks. If an MMO like AoC was (I forget) somehwere around 14 Gigs, can you imagine what an MMO with ALL voice-overs would be? My God ... I think half the population will have to buy a new hard drive just to play this game. At least the environment seemed cool, and the graphics are all the really matter, right Kev?!

It might take a little effort to try get into some of the dialogue. I will probably find myself skipping some of it because I don't have tons of time to play, but if I feel like getting in to a story atleast it will be there to get in to. I do like the voices so far. However if everyone is running around with the same voice it will not be cool.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullis Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:47 am

Stating the bleeding obvious but for better or worse they are making this game as much for the MMO fans as they are for the SW lore buffs - hence the storyline/voiceover focus.

The offering of immersion is great....but.....I just pray they can break some ground or at least offer working MMO features at release (like player cities, non-mixing of factions and Sith v Republic pvp in an open world, complex crafting, non-linear gameplay (ie not AoC), etc).

This is the stuff that will make or break the game at release for the majority.
Cullis
Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:25 am

Cullis wrote:Stating the bleeding obvious but for better or worse they are making this game as much for the MMO fans as they are for the SW lore buffs - hence the storyline/voiceover focus.

The offering of immersion is great....but.....I just pray they can break some ground or at least offer working MMO features at release (like player cities, non-mixing of factions and Sith v Republic pvp in an open world, complex crafting, non-linear gameplay (ie not AoC), etc).

This is the stuff that will make or break the game at release for the majority.

Gata say I have to agree with you but we don't want TOR to be to much like conventional MMO's.

So even though I agree that we need all these things, the newer things like Story, more involved conversation's and faster paced combat are very important and is what will make TOR last unlike
other MMO's.

How many of us have gotten bored of the stupid repetitive nature of game's like WoW?

You know what I'm talking about, level's 20-60 are INSANELY! boring.
Rusic Terron
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:57 am

Hm, the thing is though WoW was more one of the starting points for MMO's back in the day technology for gaming wasn't as great and people had less skill with making and playing Rpg's.

I think one of the reasons I and a lot of others still play it is because of it's simplicity (that or because it's based off Warcraft.) I always preferred it because it was...well, just an MMORPG really, and it least it isn't buggy and has quite a lot of content.

I don't know what the hell they were thinking with this new expansion thing though, I mean come on, they are turning races into bloody classes now pretty much.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:21 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:don't know what the hell they were thinking with this new expansion thing though, I mean come on, they are turning races into bloody classes now pretty much.

I just think that, in the end, TOR will win out over WoW because it eliminates (ad least to a degree) the one thing that plagues MMO's, Repetitive action. This new conversation system and the as I stated before, faster paced and also more in-depth combat style (aka "using cover") make's the game more interesting and over all funner to play. That's just my take :)
Rusic Terron
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:57 am

Just watch that walkthrough. I'm hoping they don't drown the awesome massive killings with voice/over videos.

PvP for the win!
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Thalos wrote:Just watch that walkthrough. I'm hoping they don't drown the awesome massive killings with voice/over videos.

PvP for the win!

I don't see how you could drown out PvP with voice over video's.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:48 pm

I just hope they don't fill the whole game with goto here and kill x number of bad fellas and collect y number of holotags quests.

It would be a lot better if the side quests were more like Kotor side-quests.

So far the quest thing looks good though, but I think that was a proper storyline quest, not a side one.

Even fully voiced over dialogue can't make trivial quests interesting.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullis Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:40 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:Hm, the thing is though WoW was more one of the starting points for MMO's back in the day technology for gaming wasn't as great and people had less skill with making and playing Rpg's.

Apart from technology not being as great anyone who has played MMOs and MMORPGs since the late 80s at least would strongly disagree with that.

WoW as a starting point and people having less skill making Rpgs...like wtf ???

Sorry mate I had to respond to that =)
Cullis
Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:13 am

lookslike they've finaly banged the whole thing together on the main site

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20090819_001?sourceid=ea4785

edit: my bad its just a link from the main site to ign. lazy bastardos
Delyn
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:01 am

I'd have to say, I want to see other playable races besides human, as well as more options to customize armor and weapons. I enjoy story and gameplay but if they are going for a "heroic" feel, I wanna look GOOD killing sh*t and blowing stuff all to hell! I'm totally stoked about the game, don't get me wrong, but I haven't gotten that vibe that tells me "This game will melt your F'IN face!"

The way I see it is it looks too easy. WoW (when soloing) gets boring and monotonous but there is a real challenge to it. FF XI is too complex and boring and ridiculous but, there is a challenge to it.

I, also, refuse to buy a game until I get to try it first. You guys kick ass but, I'm not buying this game if the free trial don't get my rocks off.
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:44 am

Gerard Halcyon wrote:I'd have to say, I want to see other playable races besides human, as well as more options to customize armor and weapons. I enjoy story and gameplay but if they are going for a "heroic" feel, I wanna look GOOD killing sh*t and blowing stuff all to hell! I'm totally stoked about the game, don't get me wrong, but I haven't gotten that vibe that tells me "This game will melt your F'IN face!"

The way I see it is it looks too easy. WoW (when soloing) gets boring and monotonous but there is a real challenge to it. FF XI is too complex and boring and ridiculous but, there is a challenge to it.

I, also, refuse to buy a game until I get to try it first. You guys kick ass but, I'm not buying this game if the free trial don't get my rocks off.

I have the same concerns as you Gerard, but I feel like they will cover these areas. From all that I have read I feel pretty confident there will be other races besides human and that we will have customization with appearance. But these are very important to me as well and I am anxious to see what they offer. Either way I am with the gang.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:17 am

There was a Kel Dor Jedi, so they obviously have a Kel Dor Character model, so I'm guessing it'll be playable.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next