Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars smart-arse questions

+9
Jacan Na'al
Skeevenmac
Quinlan Sa'athis
Carlen Darko
Satarel Vao
Jeme'Maer
Toranilor
Jasterk Staren
Udumbara
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Star Wars smart-arse questions Empty Star Wars smart-arse questions

Post  Udumbara Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:35 am

I enjoy the whole Star Wars thing, but only casually. I don't know the blue-prints to the Milenium Eagle (just kidding) or how to say "Fix it yourself, Han." in Ewokian. So here's a couple questions I have in mind. Please, if you can think of your own smart-arse questions, let me know!

1. Does Darth Vader eat or drink? If so, does he remove his helmet each time?

2. Do lightsabers have a safety switch?

3. Can a lightsaber get bent if it travels through a black-hole? Would it then be called a lightscythe?
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Star Wars smart-arse questions Empty Re: Star Wars smart-arse questions

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:53 am

Does palpatine have staples to stop his whole face form drooping to the floor?

Is luke gay or a freak who likes to kiss his sister?

Isnt a parsec a measure of distance not time?

Is Jango Fett REALLY dead, or is he just in hiding, watching the world as chuck norris does?

Interestingly enough, why does boba have a blaster strikingly similar to Jango's Westar 44s in the star wars christmas holiday special, which was of course made many years before AOTC?
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:13 am

Udumbara wrote:

3. Can a lightsaber get bent if it travels through a black-hole? Would it then be called a lightscythe?

And now the ball is it Tor's court. Hypothetical and singularity based!

I have two answers.

1: You would not see the saber, as by the time you submit it to a gravitational feild strong enough to bend it the light emitted from it would not be able to break the event horizon and return to you.

2: Assuming somehow you CAN see the saber, and NOT die from being in a black hole, it is my opinion that the saber WOULD be bent. Taking the definition that the blade is pure energy, one can deduce it is made of sub-particles of spin 2. Spin 2 particles are effected by gravitrons, and thus it would be effected by the gravitational field and stretch.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:28 am

Toranilor wrote:
Udumbara wrote:

And now the ball is it Tor's court. Hypothetical and singularity based!

I have two answers.

1: You would not see the saber, as by the time you submit it to a gravitational feild strong enough to bend it the light emitted from it would not be able to break the event horizon and return to you.

2: Assuming somehow you CAN see the saber, and NOT die from being in a black hole, it is my opinion that the saber WOULD be bent. Taking the definition that the blade is pure energy, one can deduce it is made of sub-particles of spin 2. Spin 2 particles are effected by gravitrons, and thus it would be effected by the gravitational field and stretch.

arg. Knowledge hurts my head lol.

1. if Anakin wanted to save Padme, why try to kill her in the end?

2. If Darth Vader wanted Luke alive, why chop his hand off, its pretty hard to hold onto a freaking pole if you are in immense pain.?

3.For the people thrown in the Sarlacc, what do they do while waiting to be digested?
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:50 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:

2. If Darth Vader wanted Luke alive, why chop his hand off, its pretty hard to hold onto a freaking pole if you are in immense pain.?

3.For the people thrown in the Sarlacc, what do they do while waiting to be digested?

1. I think he only tried to incapacitate her because he thought she helped Obi Wan get to him. She later died because she had "no will to live".. which in my eyes is the worst thing I have ever heard of in Star Wars history, even beyonf the brutality that is Jar Jar.

2. Probably thought he would be badass enough to survive with one hand, not really sure.

3. Probably starve to death, or be like Boba and try to escape. or just freak out because they're inside of a Sarlacc.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:58 am

Satarel Vao wrote:
Jeme'Maer wrote:

1. I think he only tried to incapacitate her because he thought she helped Obi Wan get to him. She later died because she had "no will to live".. which in my eyes is the worst thing I have ever heard of in Star Wars history, even beyonf the brutality that is Jar Jar.

In truth, throughout the whole movie, I expected Jar Jar to die some really stupid death, like being shoved out an airlock, or getting his tongue stuck in a pod-racers engines during the race. At least he would have died a better death than that of his son.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:26 pm

Darth Vader is like 68% machine ... he knows one little hand is easily replaceable.

--------------

I have good one ...

If I'm British, do I have to spell it "lightsabre?"
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:31 am

Why was Chewbacca named Chewbacca?
- Did he have a problem with chewing tobacco as a child or something. geez.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:53 am

Wookies have two parts to their name, the common part that they are given and the uncommon part they earn.
Chew was common enough and Bacca was a great hero of the Wookies denoting a royal or chieftain's linage
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:47 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Wookies have two parts to their name, the common part that they are given and the uncommon part they earn.
Chew was common enough and Bacca was a great hero of the Wookies denoting a royal or chieftain's linage

I know Quinlan...it was a joke question.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:49 am

It was a joke answer, honestly that much seriousness on THIS thread..... what else could it be. I would have put a appropriate smily on the end to show that but....
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Learn a how to speak Wookiee.
Learn to juggle.
Go back to school. Correspondence of course.
Play rummy with the other people.
Sleep in on Sundays.

Pick one =)
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:48 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:It was a joke answer, honestly that much seriousness on THIS thread..... what else could it be. I would have put a appropriate smily on the end to show that but....

God Quinlan...it was a "it was a joke question"...geez...I mean gaaa...lol
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:06 am

Udumbara wrote:

Darth Vader is like 68% machine ... he knows one little hand is easily replaceable.

--------------

I have good one ...

If I'm British, do I have to spell it "lightsabre?"

yes lol....but thats not a good way to get through to your son....try giving him his long needed allowance, then chop his hand off
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:50 am

This question might actually have an answer ... maybe someone knows it?

People always talk about the languages of Star Wars ... like learning how to speak Ewokian (I can't spell it) or some other language in Star Wars ... but my question is ... what language is everyone speaking in the movie? If Luke Skywalker came from Tattanooi (Again, I can't spell it) does he speak Tattanooian? Does that mean everyone in the movies is speaking Tattanooian, too? Or do planets not have their own languages? Do humans just speak human? Do they ever specify that Luke Skywalker IS human? Or does everyone just assume so because he looks like us? I'm getting a headache.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:02 am

Basic is that common language between planets.
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:46 am

Skeevenmac wrote:Basic is that common language between planets.

Is that the official name? "Basic?" Then why are all the other languages named after a species? If Skywalker is, indeed, human, then why don't human's get their own language, too? If the language of humans is basic, then isn't that a bit discrimitory towards all the other races? I feel a class-action lawsuit in the future ... err, the past ... a long, long time ago.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:57 am

Udumbara wrote:
Skeevenmac wrote:Basic is that common language between planets.

Is that the official name? "Basic?" Then why are all the other languages named after a species? If Skywalker is, indeed, human, then why don't human's get their own language, too? If the language of humans is basic, then isn't that a bit discrimitory towards all the other races? I feel a class-action lawsuit in the future ... err, the past ... a long, long time ago.

....I noticed that too..it seems like humans are the higher power, and the aliens the minority..OH NO. Hopefully the wookies dont yell discrimination over this.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:23 am

Well Luke was kind of Aryan looking.
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:27 am

Well its clear that humans are geneticly superior to all other races and beings. JK JK

I think george lucas probobly thought it would be stupid if it were called GALACTIC ENGLISH.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:36 am

So this was never explained? At least Star Trek had those universal translator thingies built into their Red Rider badgers they wore. It's a stupid explanation, but it least they tried.

I'm very curious about this now!
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:39 am

Your missing the point humans were everywhere
Mandalorians spoke Mandalorian
Sorricoians spoke Sorrico (sp)
Some spoke Twilek.

The language of the human is whatever was dominant at their location.
Galactic Basic is the trade language that most species can understand.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:54 am

Maybe there was a squishy fish in their ear that translates everything... wait I've heard that somewhere before...
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:23 am

Skeevenmac wrote:Maybe there was a squishy fish in their ear that translates everything... wait I've heard that somewhere before...

Me too! I think I read it in a guide book while hitchhiking somewhere ...
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:28 am

Udumbara wrote:
Skeevenmac wrote:Maybe there was a squishy fish in their ear that translates everything... wait I've heard that somewhere before...

Me too! I think I read it in a guide book while hitchhiking somewhere ...

Yes and I think there was a suicidal robot in the corner talking about his feelings....
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next