Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light and Dark?

+12
thedoon
Mictian
Bahn Durm
Gatho
Jeme'Maer
Chilli
Toranilor
Anne
Rygal Blaqk
Arashi Storm
Jacan Na'al
Eldric Karn
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Light and Dark? Empty Light and Dark?

Post  Eldric Karn Sun May 31, 2009 4:41 am

The Order of the Unifying Force accepts both Light and Dark Jedi or do you have to be in the centre of your alignment? I plan to be a righteous Jedi!
Eldric Karn
Eldric Karn

Back to top Go down

Light and Dark? Empty Re: Light and Dark?

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun May 31, 2009 4:48 am

I will be focusing on "lightside" powers with my Jedi, purely because I want him to be along the lines of a healer.

The Order does accept any gameplay style and class that supports the republic. If you could support the republic as a Sith Knight then we would allow them too.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Eldric Karn Sun May 31, 2009 4:58 am

Ah, okay, great. I never liked being Evil in anything, always made me feel like an asshole.
Eldric Karn
Eldric Karn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun May 31, 2009 5:02 am

LOL.

Just to clarify, the guild is based on the theory that there is no Light and Dark sides to the force, there is only one big Force that all powers come from - it is how you use those powers that shows whether you are a good or a bad person.

We hope the game will allow for our ideology.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sun May 31, 2009 5:17 am

We believe that any force power can be used as long as it helps to bring peace and stability to the galaxy. Being a righteous jedi is fine as long as you are supporting the Republic and peace.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Eldric Karn Sun May 31, 2009 5:22 am

And that's exactly what I intend to do.
Eldric Karn
Eldric Karn

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Sun May 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Or you can support the Republic and be peaceful by killing everyone that stands against the Republic, with all your force chokes, and lightnings..

It's for a good cause.. =)
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Sun May 31, 2009 1:43 pm

But what if some ones playing style is thratening and killing people to get the job done. he is utter evil in that way but his ultimate job is a republic mission to secur safety in the galaxy. would that fit in ouf?
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Sun May 31, 2009 1:55 pm

Yes, as anne said, do the ends justify the means?

What is the point in upholding peace and destroying the evil of the sith if we become chaotic and evil in the process?
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun May 31, 2009 2:20 pm

Toranilor wrote:Yes, as anne said, do the ends justify the means?

Sometimes yes. If it costs one life to save billions perhaps it is.

However, if you sacrifice billions to save one, that is pretty much a gauranteed bad thing.

There are no set rules within the guild to determine what actions are justified. We should each strive to maintain our own personal morals in our own actions and try not to judge others when the lines they draw between good and bad deeds are different from our own.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Sun May 31, 2009 2:21 pm

If given the opportunity Ayntinnus is gonna be a meanie.
Only because I don't like being a light side protect everyone kinda guy. =P
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Sun May 31, 2009 2:39 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:
Toranilor wrote:Yes, as anne said, do the ends justify the means?

Sometimes yes. If it costs one life to save billions perhaps it is.

However, if you sacrifice billions to save one, that is pretty much a gauranteed bad thing.

There are no set rules within the guild to determine what actions are justified. We should each strive to maintain our own personal morals in our own actions and try not to judge others when the lines they draw between good and bad deeds are different from our own.

As long as they're on the "good" side of the line that they draw?
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun May 31, 2009 2:41 pm

Toranilor wrote:As long as they're on the "good" side of the line that they draw?

Yes, but you won't know where they draw the line when it comes to good and bad.

Some cases will be obvious like the one I mentioned but I am sure most cases will lie more in the 'grey moral area'.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Sun May 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:
Toranilor wrote:As long as they're on the "good" side of the line that they draw?

Yes, but you won't know where they draw the line when it comes to good and bad.

Some cases will be obvious like the one I mentioned but I am sure most cases will lie more in the 'grey moral area'.

I'm forced by tradition to have Toranilor as good-as-can-be, albeit a bit smelly sometimes. Althought i'm looking forward to making a trooper with essentially no morals, just a strong patriotic duty. MOW DOWN EVERYTHING!!....
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chilli Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:15 am

I was thinking of taking up Gardening with my Jedi, saber toss hedge trimming service.....if there happen to be Imperial troops hiding in Said hedge, then so be it ;)
Chilli
Chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:13 am

Chilli wrote:I was thinking of taking up Gardening with my Jedi, saber toss hedge trimming service.....if there happen to be Imperial troops hiding in Said hedge, then so be it ;)

If you are taking up gardening then I might as well take the job of cooking with my jedi....you never know what meat I use in my cooking then, it will be a mystery
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Jeme'Maer wrote:
Chilli wrote:I was thinking of taking up Gardening with my Jedi, saber toss hedge trimming service.....if there happen to be Imperial troops hiding in Said hedge, then so be it ;)

If you are taking up gardening then I might as well take the job of cooking with my jedi....you never know what meat I use in my cooking then, it will be a mystery

We can be sure of that it'll be fried every day of the week though?

OT: Being a "good guy in a bad place" does sound intresting. My alt would probably go that road, if it works out with the guild.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:17 am

Gatho wrote:
Jeme'Maer wrote:

We can be sure of that it'll be fried every day of the week though?

Let me tell you, as fry-cook, deep-fried flesh smells horrid and probably isn't going to create avid appetites.
......I burn myself, not cook people. Stop looking at me like that.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:18 am

I can't log on to the main page, though I got the holonet to come up.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:59 am

Bahn Durm wrote:Let me tell you, as fry-cook, deep-fried flesh smells horrid and probably isn't going to create avid appetites.
......I burn myself, not cook people. Stop looking at me like that.

Lol I am sure that my..exotic cooking will create very healthy appetites, just take a look at Jeme's Kitchen
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:46 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:Lol I am sure that my..exotic cooking will create very healthy appetites, just take a look at Jeme's Kitchen

LOL omg.. that looks so... tasty!
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:06 pm

So as long as we serve the republic, it's a thumbs up? but I assumed only jedi who follow the light side support the republic, doesn't that mean that there can't be an 'in-between' character per say :O
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:37 pm

We support only the Republic because it stands for a peaceful galaxy. By "in between" I assume you are talking about our view of the force. As long as game mechanics allow us to hold both "LS and DS" powers than we are good to go. A member of OUF could end up having a full "LS" or "DS" meter. Hopefully it will be set up like KOTOR where only your choices in conversations and not the force powers you use will determine your meter. We feel that all aspects of the force can be used and sometimes must be used to have a peaceful galaxy.

A quick example: You are faced with a situation where only the use of force lightning will allow you to save ten innocents civilians. As a member of OUF you could possess this power and use it to save the civilians. You helped to save civilians and make this area more peaceful. A jedi in this situation would not be able to save them because he is bound to a code that restricts his knowledge and/or use of the force.

I hope that helps.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:22 pm

Figured as much, but in the end, it all depends on how the game mechanics turn out, if you cant use dark side powers while having a high light meter, than that's gonna be a problem >< but meh, till then... we can but wait and hope xD
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:58 pm

Mictian wrote:Figured as much, but in the end, it all depends on how the game mechanics turn out, if you cant use dark side powers while having a high light meter, than that's gonna be a problem >< but meh, till then... we can but wait and hope xD

I was just thinking that.
From some of the interviews and Demo reviews, I get the impression that Dark Side powers are going to be a limited to Dark players only; same goes with Light powers to Light. Or at least that's the fear I'm getting out of it.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next