Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Designing the Dark Side

4 posters

Go down

Designing the Dark Side Empty Designing the Dark Side

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:41 am

Inspired by notorious characters such as Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader, the Sith Inquisitor and Sith Warrior take different approaches to their rise to power. The Sith Warrior achieves victory through pure aggression and might while the Sith Inquisitor excels by cunning ambition and Force manipulation.

From storyline, to art style, to combat tactics, each design decision was made to support the dark side themes of power, domination, and destruction.

Watch Developer Dispatch: Designing the Dark Side, and learn how Star Wars™️: The Old Republic™️ developers created this dominating force.

Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Designing the Dark Side Empty Re: Designing the Dark Side

Post  Jalen Lojed Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:16 am

Almost makes me want to play a sith**** almost.
Jalen Lojed
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Lets just hope the devs at Bioware don't travel down the same path that Mythic did with Warhammer online.

If you are not up to speed on MMO flops Let me tell you all about Warhammer. The mythic devs spent so much damn time developing all of the Chaos Classes that the Order looked like early beta versions in comparison and just from these videos it seems that Bioware is being "tempted by the dark side" so to speak. Yeah sure its cool to develop bad ass looking suites with spikes and lights and sweet lightsabers but just dont leave the light side of the force wanting because then the same thing will happen like in warhammer the wait time for order is instant to get into the server while the chaos wait time is over 3 hours!
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:23 am

knivez wrote:just from these videos it seems that Bioware is being "tempted by the dark side" so to speak.

Oh you just wait, there will be an equally awesome Lightside Dev dispatch video soon enough I reckon.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:00 am

In Bioware we trust....
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:13 am

Jacan Na'al wrote:Oh you just wait, there will be an equally awesome Lightside Dev dispatch video soon enough I reckon.

I hope so!
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down