Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup 2010

+11
zephyr
Benson
Eokurios
Kevlar
Tyren Vaal
No'Saj Rol'Yat
Jacan Na'al
Mictian
Jeme'Maer
Dessanar
Udumbara
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

World Cup 2010 Empty World Cup 2010

Post  Udumbara Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm surprised nobody has posted anything about the World Cup! Granted soccer, or football, is the most boring sport ever created for poor people in the history of sports, but it's still fun to be in any country other than the United States at this time.

I'm pretty excited about South Korea ... we face Greece first, and since they have no money for toilet paper let alone soccer balls, I think we will fare well. America, on the other hand, must face England. That sucks. And my friendly neighbors to the North, well, they face Brazil. That's just a smack in the face to North Korea.

Tomorrow night is the first game for us ... pretty excited about the crowds and the overwhelming excitement that stems from a little ball going back and forth for 2 hours with (if you're lucky) 1 goal.

Anyway, I know people get pretty crazed about this ... any fans out there?
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2010 Empty Re: World Cup 2010

Post  Dessanar Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:56 pm

mate i am from the uk so what do you think????

ha ha I love it i was sat at my desk in work watching the game today and everything is series linked on sky so i wont miss a game.

Dont play down Greece mate they wont be a walk over they have a few quality players that can really cause you some trouble.

I think there will be a few shocks instore this world cup and the favourites might come back with their tails between their legs.

I am Welsh but since England are my neigbours and my fav clubs captain is their captain guess they get my vote.

So come on Stevie G and come on England!!!!
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:44 pm

I cant wait!....Im hoping the USA will actually get pretty far, if not actually win.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:17 pm

Mexico 1 - 1 South Africa

8>
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:44 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:I cant wait!....Im hoping the USA will actually get pretty far, if not actually win.

As do I! It would be epic if the U.S. could face North Korea, but I probably have a better chance of finding myself in a room naked with Paris Hilton holding a beer in one hand and a Crispy Cream doughnut in the other than seeing that.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Yay! Korea won, 2-0! Tomorrow it's the Yanks vs. England Smile
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:36 am

USA USA....we will get them as they are drinking their tea.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:05 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:USA USA....we will get them as they are drinking their tea.

You were right! A 1-1 tie ... unbelieveable! I actually feel bad for England ... they care about soccer (football).
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:13 am

I kind of do also, considering three of my friends were there rooting for the british team (traitors), I saw them in audience though.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:53 am

Cool beans. On a more interesting note the All-Blacks beat Ireland last night (a completely expected result).
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:Cool beans. On a more interesting note the All-Blacks beat Ireland last night (a completely expected result).

Indeed!

On another note the Wallabies beat the Poms! A good result for us also.

And...the socceroos face the might of Germany tonight...lets hope we do as well as the yanks last night against the poms!
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:39 pm

The Newzeland Ireland Scoreline shocked me i really expected the all blacks to win but not to that degree.

England are really poor at the moment and i thought they would be beaten worse than that.

My country is coming out to Aus soon and even though we are going through a bit of a development stage in our team i fully expect us to give you a good game. We only just lost to South Africa last weekend and to be honest it was more we threw it away than lost it.

With regards to the football i thought USA gave a good showing of themselves but England should of won as Rob Green made that howler for your goal and Heskey should of Buried his shot into the corner of the net not into howards belly.

I think the USA and England will not qualify for the next round which for a dfeveloping football country is one hell of a result.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeah Group C seems to be the 'easiest' (hard to say in a world cup) group.
If by all miracles we get 2nd in our group we will play the winners of group C in the next round.
Really enjoying the World cup so far..but down here games are at 9:30/11:30 and the big game is at 4:30 in the morning...haha I havent had much sleep since it started.. Wink
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:48 pm

What I love about this world cup is that the normal teams you would say are going to win it are not really firing on all cylinders. your Italy's, Germany, France and Argentina are all in quite poor form and to be honest even Spain have a few injury worries so I think it could make for a few suprises along the way.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:58 pm

I agree, it certainly seems to be a chance for a few of the lesser reputed football nations to shine this year. I watched the Argentina game other night, and although they looked good, Nigeria certainly had their chances to equalise if not win...was a good game.
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:14 pm

yeah got to agree was a decent game in the end and i thought a draw would of been the more fair score line to be honest
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Australia got smashed by Germany. Sad
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:49 pm

absolutely spanked!! Sad
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:47 pm

ouch, sorry for Australia, I was hoping for some Australia/USA action Go Doichland, for the point that im half-german
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Jeme'Maer wrote:ouch, sorry for Australia, I was hoping for some Australia/USA action Go Doichland, for the point that im half-german

HAHA I have always hoped for some USA action...hasnt happened yet for me Surprised
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:56 pm

well atleast yuo go a decent keeper did you see englands???? he couldnt catch a cold lol
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:09 pm

yeah, I was very surprised at how their keeper was doing...though I thought that USA's was doing horrible at first.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:14 pm

Robert green plays for a team at the bottom of the elague and has not had a great season so I really dont know why he was picked to play. They have a young keeper called Joe Hart and he has had a great season but because of his age he wont get picked. I think if your good enough your old enough
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Watching NZ play right now ... not looking good!

edit: I take that back, they just tied it up, but the guy who did is a first-rate duchebag for taking off his jersey.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:20 am

South Korea got spanked like a bad adult video last night. Oh well ... Argentina is a powerhouse. Hopefully the U.S. will win ... but that's unlikely, too.
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next