Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you playing?

+24
Filipe Barro
LegendRevan
Quinlan Sa'athis
Kaliyah Teh Naast
zephyr
Eokurios
Jeme'Maer
Rale Onsari
Rygal Blaqk
Chilli
No'Saj Rol'Yat
Kevlar
Beadle
Jacan Na'al
Benson
Fenix
Tyren Vaal
Jasterk Staren
Bahn Durm
Rebel Marksman
Mictian
Latiel
Dessanar
Carlen Darko
28 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What are you playing? Empty What are you playing?

Post  Guest Wed May 19, 2010 12:00 am

Another "what are you" thread. I thought that some of us might play some games in between Allods, OUF, and any other guild group games. As an avid gamer, I regularly get games through GameFly, beat them, send them back, and get the next one. This thread is for those of you out there like me who play games on the side and want to share what you've been playing recently and/or recommend anything.

My recent games:
God of War 3
What are you playing? 61ypo0pGPtL
My take: I beat this in two sittings, but I expected it to be short. The story was good in that it always kept me engaged and everything I did definitely made me feel epic, but at times it was a little ridiculous. Overall I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good button masher from time to time and the story isn't half bad either. I'd give it a 8 or 9.

Just started Ratchet and Clank: A crack in Time. I'll post when it has been beaten. Halo: Reach and Red Dead Redemption shortly after.

Back to top Go down

What are you playing? Empty Re: What are you playing?

Post  Carlen Darko Wed May 19, 2010 12:16 am

What are you playing? Halo-Reach-Beta

I'm currently playing the Beta until it ends tomorrow.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed May 19, 2010 2:11 am

for me its split between darksiders and the latest nhl game
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed May 19, 2010 3:38 am

These are the -only- two things I've been playing at all for the past month or so. Spoiler'd for size.

Starcraft 2 Beta
Spoiler:

League of Legends
Spoiler:
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Wed May 19, 2010 3:45 am

Right now... I'm playing...

What are you playing? Real-life

Haha xD
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Wed May 19, 2010 6:11 am

Mictian wrote:Right now... I'm playing...

Haha xD

I know that game the level where you have to do your final exams sucks.
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Wed May 19, 2010 8:15 am

Rebel Marksman wrote:
Mictian wrote:Right now... I'm playing...

Haha xD

I know that game the level where you have to do your final exams sucks.

I have yet to beat that boss.
It sucks that no one's posted cheats on the internet. Sucks.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Wed May 19, 2010 8:39 am

RED DEAD REDEMPTION!!

What are you playing? RedDeadRedemptionLogo
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed May 19, 2010 1:11 pm

I want Red Dead Redemption as it comes out Friday in Australia where I live. The ratings and reviews are really high.

I'm not sure whether to trust the scores (it's been given a 10 in lots of places) though because I remember when a favorite gaming site gave GTA IV a 10 out of 10 I completely disagreed with it.
I'm playing Metro 2033, Just Cause 2, third playthrough of Dragon Age Origins and have just started finished MW2 and tried out it's multiplayer along the way which is bugging me for various reasons at the moment.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix Wed May 19, 2010 2:08 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:I want Red Dead Redemption as it comes out Friday in Australia where I live. The ratings and reviews are really high.

I'm not sure whether to trust the scores (it's been given a 10 in lots of places) though because I remember when a favorite gaming site gave GTA IV a 10 out of 10 I completely disagreed with it.
I'm playing Metro 2033, Just Cause 2, third playthrough of Dragon Age Origins and have just started finished MW2 and tried out it's multiplayer along the way which is bugging me for various reasons at the moment.

Xbox 360? if so i may have to add you when i finally get some damn gold membership...

At the moment for me it's Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 online using my brothers membership What are you playing? 21677
Fenix
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed May 19, 2010 2:25 pm

sososo,

RDR: will indeed be my next game.

At the moment my games are the same as Latiel, starcraft 2 and LoL.

Starcraft 2 is not so epic so mostly league of legends.

So Latiel is you want to add me in LoL my summoner name= Bejaardestoners
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed May 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Sure Benson, just look for Darkcharm in your invites. =D

Edit: Waaait a minute, are you on the European server or the American one. xD
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed May 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Whats LoL like?

I want to play things as a guild but theres only 3 people in Allods so that's not working out, though I will still play it (has to be the most epic free game I have ever played, and I'm only 5 levels off max)
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed May 19, 2010 3:04 pm

League of legends is just like the map in Warcraft 3 called Defense of the Ancients, or DotA. If you've never played DotA, it's essentially this. . . There are three little paths that your NPC controlled 'minions' (Or 'creeps') travel down to fight the enemy NPC controlled minions. These lanes eventually come to large structures called turrets (Or towers) which do a bunch of damage, and prevent you from attacking the next turret in that lane, and eventually the enemy base. There are three of these turrets in each lane, the third turret in the lane protects a structure called the Inhibitor (Or Barracks) which, when destroyed, grants the attacking team super minions, which have a lot of health, and do a lot of damage compared to the standard minions. The next building of interest is the Nexus, which is guarded by two more turrets. The Nexus is invulnerable until these two turrets guarding it are destroyed.

Now that we've covered the non-player part of the game, let's move on to what YOU the player can do. You select from one of 50+ 'champions' (Or Heroes) which can gain experience and levels. At first level, and every time you level up, you may either learn, or upgrade one of your abilities. There are four abilities to choose from, one of them is unavailable until level 6, which is known as your 'ultimate' (Your best ability). In addition to these four abilities, you have an innate passive ability, which depends on your hero, just like your other 4 abilities. Each hero is unique, has unique stats, and abilities, and will play a unique roll on your team.

Let's move on to YOU, the player. Not just what you can do, but you yourself. You play the role of a Summoner, the Summoner summons a hero onto the map, and directs them in these little battles. You are able to select two summoner abilities, which are entirely your choice, and will help your hero in battle, or escaping battle, or helping all heroes in an AoE (area of effect). These Summoner Spells range from giving your hero move speed, healing everyone in an area, and even instantly killing a single creep.

Gold, how you get it, and how you spend it. Every time you kill a creep, or 'last hit' it, you gain a small amount of gold (around 25). You use this gold to buy useful items from the shop which is located in your base. The Items available will either boost your champion's stats, allow them to place a ward to see a part of the map for an extended period of time, or even restore your champion's health and mana.

Any questions?
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed May 19, 2010 3:26 pm

I'm gonna add some things to latiels explanation, a good one but 2 things are left out.

There are masteries for your summoner, those masteries can be spend in 3 different threes. offensive, defensive and utility.
While my main 2 hero's are crit monsters, I choose to enhance my hero's critical strike chance with 2% for example. You can level you(r) summoner to level 30.

While leveling you earn combat points wich are used to buy new hero's, items, etc.
Yes it is completely free to play. But if you want to unlock everything fast you can also buy them.

You can buy (combat points) items as a summoner? Yes you have a rune book. And this gives extra's to your hero, for example like i said my masteries focus on critical strike but my runebook focusses on critical damage.... au au au.

1 think I just think of, they have an european server... wich could mean I'm on a different server then USA or Aussie's.

edit: extra explanation, the runebook en masteries are done outside battles as is everything else what you want to do with leveling your summoner. Ones in the game you focus on your hero and your sommoner will be locked for that battle. You can change everything for free ones you finish the match. to prepare for a different hero for example.

Last edited by Benson on Wed May 19, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed May 19, 2010 3:31 pm

The easiest test is: Did you download the client from www.lol-europe.com/ or www.leagueoflegends.com/ ? xD
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Wed May 19, 2010 4:42 pm

I'll have to give LoL another go when I get home.
Gave up on Allods cause it wasn't engaging enough.
Right now I'm playing SW Dark Forces II.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Beadle wrote:I'll have to give LoL another go when I get home.
Gave up on Allods cause it wasn't engaging enough.
Right now I'm playing SW Dark Forces II.

you should give it a try, but DF2 is EPIC. I loved the movies in that game.

and if you want some guides for hero's

www.leaguecraft.com
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Thu May 20, 2010 12:17 am

Latiel wrote:The easiest test is: Did you download the client from www.lol-europe.com/ or www.leagueoflegends.com/ ? xD

now... I understand that this was a question towards me but i know i'm on the european server.... but you guys prob not.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 12:38 am

downloading now. looks pretty cool. A fellow at work told me about this game, but since I think he is lame I thought the game might be lame as well by association.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Thu May 20, 2010 3:41 am

How bigs the dl?
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Thu May 20, 2010 3:50 am

Looks like less than a gig, the Riot Games folder shows 953 MB, so it's not too big.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu May 20, 2010 6:21 am

Well, the Beta ends today, so I'm moving on to:

What are you playing? Kotor_cover
An oldie but always a goodie.

and

What are you playing? WWE_Smackdown_vs._Raw_2010
I'm a huge WWE fan and I enjoy playing the SvR games with friends.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Thu May 20, 2010 7:29 am

The only similarities between GTAIV and RDR are the aiming system and the movement controls.

Besides that its like 4 times the size of GTAIV and there is SO MUCH STUFF TO DO!

Im a huge western fan so im loving every second of it and i agree with the rankings.

Its the game i've always dreamed "They" would make...
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu May 20, 2010 9:08 am

Just started playing League of Legends. So far it seems alright, though I feel like a complete utter nub at it. Never was really into Dota tbh. So not exactly pro.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next