Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If your SWTOR character name was already in use?

+8
Udumbara
Jeme'Maer
Bahn Durm
Nico Gaborik
Rusic Terron
Ham Arel'li
Jacan Na'al
Tyren Vaal
12 posters

Go down

If your SWTOR character name was already in use? Empty If your SWTOR character name was already in use?

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Make a list of alternative names that you would use if your name for TOR had already been taken.

Personally I'd use Cydon Prax or dig up one of my old KOTOR profiles, I'll edit with more later.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

If your SWTOR character name was already in use? Empty Re: If your SWTOR character name was already in use?

Post  Jacan Na'al Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Jacan, Jaxon, Shawnbacca, Jaedoc, Jaecan, Jaexon, Jadoc, Jadox etc...
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

If your SWTOR character name was already in use? Empty Re: If your SWTOR character name was already in use?

Post  Ham Arel'li Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 pm

I doubt anyone will take a unique name like Ham haha. Other choices if I had to would be Tiras Arel'li, or maybe even Jesus Christ but I think that will be taken pretty quick lol

Actually when the game gets closer to launch I might consider using the name Tiras instead of Ham, has more of a star wars sound to it.
Ham Arel'li
Ham Arel'li

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Most made-up name's are rarely taken. In all the games I have played Darth Terron (or DarthTerron) has never been taken. So I think I'm good :)
Rusic Terron
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico Gaborik Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:37 am

my email and most of all my user names are RevanBC so it took me awhile to think of Nico Gaborik. Nico being a part of my last name and Marian Gaborik's last name which I thought sounded pretty Star Warzy to me. If that doesn't work I'm just have to use a name which no one would ever think to use, such as Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader
Nico Gaborik
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:02 pm

If they give us the ability to have a surname and a forename then there's a very, very slim chance that someone's going to take "Bahn Durm" unless one of you guys feel so inclined to be "that guy". haha
But should the situation arise, I'd have alternates of:
- Ban (the traditional Kel Dor spelling of the name) Durm
- Balahn Durm
- Bhahn Durm
- Bahn Dhurm
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Jeme

Jeme Maer

Maer Knuxx

Knuxx Maer

Mareclan Espit.

Those are all the ones I have now.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:32 am

Most MMOs have a filter that prevents you from using certain names. I'm fairly confident they will have a long list of actual star wars names that you won't be able to use. They also have filters for stupid names. I'm curious, though, if they will let you use "Darth" or "Master" . I would guess that you won't be able to, but I could be wrong. I'm sure there's a thread about all this on the official forums. If I could have it my way, I would like it to be the same as EverQuest, where you couldn't choose a surname until you reached a certain level. I also think titles should be given based on level and/or quests completed.

However, to get back on topic, Udumbara is actually a new name for me. My traditional name has always been Julianna, after my grandmother, and soon to be the name of my baby if it's missing its penis. I see so many strange names that people say sound Star Warsish, but I think back to the first movie, where the main character's name was Luke, and I'm like, "Whaa?"
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:03 am

I think that Darth and Master will be some type of rank or pvp tag and some such.

So for those people deciding to name their character Master Retard or Darth Idiot are going to look like absolute tards when they end up as Master Master Retard or Darth Darth Idiot

personally I'd just keep inventing names that sound good to me until I get one that isn't taken, though as soon as the game launches I'll be trying to bag some names that I really want to get, if just for pure lol factor.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:38 am

I'm in a huge variety character names from my MMO experianced days. Althalos , Thalos , Keldor , Dreconis , Neohix , Zati Dezlair, Beviol Quin, Windan Rains, Chaoscloud. And many more when i put my mind to it.. Doubt all these names are going to be used.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:08 pm

I'm thinking of changing my character's name anyway. I've used Skeevenmac as a user name and email for 11 years now. I'm kind of tired of it.

Some alt character names might be Jrsamples or Stringbean. I like naming my chars after people that have been on Hee Haw.
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:12 pm

Skeeven you should be rewarded for being able to live with the same name for that long. Oh and you could name yourself Ske(e)ven-Eleven *suggestive wink*

Myself I never get happy with my names, it's always like that I begin experimenting with a new name, then when I've found one I think "Wow this name is totally awesome!! I'm so relieved I've finally found a name that I'm satisfied with". Aaand one week later I want something else.

Thelit
Bernadotte - AoC
Sailendo
Kuckeli-Q
Mar-Hult - home village
Gatho Gether
Tuvan
Kent Tuvan
Mmombo
Kay Rool
Billon - WAR
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down