Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music of the Old Republic

+6
Fenix
Rebel Marksman
Bah'Rask
Mictian
Tyren Vaal
Jeme'Maer
10 posters

Go down

What did you think about the music was shown in the latest Dev. article?

Music of the Old Republic Vote_lcap100%Music of the Old Republic Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 7 ]
Music of the Old Republic Vote_lcap0%Music of the Old Republic Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Music of the Old Republic Empty Music of the Old Republic

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:44 pm

The emotional experience of Star Wars™ comes to life in new music created exclusively for The Old Republic™. From soft melodies that ring in the forest of Alderaan to the magnificent booming of a battle scene on Ord Mantell, a talented team of composers, musicians and developers came together to create a magical score for the game.

Watch Developer Dispatch: Music of The Old Republic to see what goes into weaving the familiar Star Wars riffs with a new original score. And learn how music impacts the thrilling moments in video games as well as movies.

Being someone who uses music in everyday life, I find the scores that they use to truly animate the world itself. The music sounds very similar to that of the movies, but with a more original flair that you have usually heard in the KOTOR games.

How does everyone else feel about the music...
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Music of the Old Republic Empty Re: Music of the Old Republic

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Video game music is pretty cool...this sounds pretty good too. KOTOR had a good composer (forgot their name though.)

I also like the theme to Fallout 3, it kind of adds to the harshness of the wasteland and all the fighting going on.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:19 pm

No game is ever complete without background music, and the music for TOR looks set to impress Music of the Old Republic 28173
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Bah'Rask Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:17 pm

You know Jeme, you ruined my morning. I thought I was going to be the first to post this, and I could have been. But then I decided to grab a snack before being the first to post this. I come back, and you did it. You son of a bitch, I expect an apology because in an alternate universe scenario I would be the one starting an interesting conversion.
Also I do love the music, I was disappointed though. So far I see no mention of Star Wars cantina music. When I enter a cantina I expect endless looping of one song, and I better get it.
Well, my ranting of nonsense is done.
EDIT: Oh yeah, I also noticed the speeders/bikes. I was happy about that, I mean. I knew there must have been some sort of travel, but there was a little talk of just having to run around every where by some people I know. And if I had to run everywhere, I would probably never play the game. I'm just happy to see in-game, working travel.
Bah'Rask
Bah'Rask

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:21 pm

Bah'Rask wrote:You know Jeme, you ruined my morning. I thought I was going to be the first to post this, and I could have been. But then I decided to grab a snack before being the first to post this. I come back, and you did it. You son of a bitch, I expect an apology because in an alternate universe scenario I would be the one starting an interesting conversion.
Also I do love the music, I was disappointed though. So far I see no mention of Star Wars cantina music. When I enter a cantina I expect endless looping of one song, and I better get it.
EDIT: Oh yeah, I also noticed the speeders/bikes. I was happy about that, I mean. I knew there must have been some sort of travel, but there was a little talk of just having to run around every where by some people I know. And if I had to run everywhere, I would probably never play the game. I'm just happy to see in-game, working travel.

Your compensation is Jeme Funland money! Happy now?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:21 am

Can I choose the first and fourth option?
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:42 am

Bah'Rask wrote:You know Jeme, you ruined my morning. I thought I was going to be the first to post this, and I could have been. But then I decided to grab a snack before being the first to post this. I come back, and you did it. You son of a bitch, I expect an apology because in an alternate universe scenario I would be the one starting an interesting conversion.

Darth Sidious Yes, I feel your anger...use it...not against me persay, but on the thing that prevented you from posting before me....snack food.

If you check out this it will answer your questions about the cantina music. I was kind of hoping that they would actually give us a little sample of what the cantina music may sound like, but I feel we will get to hear it soon enough Very Happy
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:14 am

Off in the distance at 5:16 we must find it and have a party there... also I thought the music was yet again sweet!
Fenix
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:17 am

Wow, the Choral bit was just awesomtastic.

I haz had an eargasm.

I've always loved En Grande style music like Star Wars. My last favorite soundtrack of all time was Hitman:Blood Money, I think TOR might be my next.

Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:24 am

That music vid today was indeed an excitement builder.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:19 am

Being the classical musician that I am, I went nuts beyond belief with today's update, and I was at work. I'm really impressed with the team that they have going with this (I mean the orchestra). I was even more nuts about the choir they used (classical singing ftw!!). I hope that they release a collector's edition of the game that has a disc set for the music. 5 hours of original compositions!! That's just nuts!!

....nuts.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:32 am

Corellia confirmed?
Music of the Old Republic CorelliaMusicSheet
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:43 am

Great find, Darka.
Did anyone else see art that looked a lot like Felucia, or did I miss something in earlier announcements?
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down