Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame

+15
Dessanar
Dragon
Zebular
Benson
Tyren Vaal
Kevlar
Mardon Ag'dor
Jasterk Staren
Beadle
Gerard Halcyon
Carlen Darko
Arashi Storm
Bahn Durm
Rygal Blaqk
Rusic Terron
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame Empty BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame

Post  Rusic Terron Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Probably something we all guessed but I thought I would post it anyway Smile

http://n4g.com/pc/News-430378.aspx

James Ohlen said:
"You're going to have a really epic, awesome ending when you finish your class story arc in this game, but that doesn't mean that your character can't continue,"

"I can't go into detail on how we're doing it, or if we're doing those things [battlegrounds, endgame raids] or in what form they're going to be coming, because we're still working on that and developing it, but in no way does us focusing on story in any way challenge us in that area."
Rusic Terron
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame Empty Re: BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame

Post  Rygal Blaqk Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:18 am

I just hope that theres a variety of End-Game content.. a lot of raids, solo, 1 to how ever many group content. Going over one or two for 6 months straight can get bloody boring.. eg LoTRO.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame Empty Re: BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame

Post  Bahn Durm Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:20 am

Is it sad that I have yet to reach endgame for WoW and I've been playing it for years now?

I hope TOR keeps me enticed enough to keep a character going the whole way.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:16 am

Thanks for the post Rusic!!
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:32 am

I'm just hoping for cake at the end.
Too many games offer cake and yet...no cake. Wink
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:50 am

No, Carlen, the cake is a LIE!

The Cake Is A Lie!!!
The Cake Is A Lie!!!
The Cake Is A Lie!!!
The Cake Is A Lie!!!
The Cake Is A Lie!!!

Done spamming...
Gerard Halcyon
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Sounds exciting.
And Gerard, I saw the cake, it's not a lie.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:53 am

Im actually in the possession of a cake. but its frozen in carbonite.

So this sounds like it will be awesome. I hope its like a death duel on a spaceship in the middle of a battle with explosions and stuff and the MIGHTY SITH LORD!! Or in my case a battle over the sarlacc pit with a bunch of smugglers and bounty hunters fighting of sith and other bounty hunters, with explosions of course.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:31 pm

I reached level 80 in WoW and that is really when the game started and since then I have always accepted that as the working recipe for a good MMO and I'm glad to see that Bioware at least has a strategy with endgame. Even if its propelled the same way WoW is (phat loots so you can be better at getting more phat loots) I'm cool with that i was kinda worried with Bioware's statement "once you finishing rolling a character you can immediately start rolling another one."
Put that monster of a queston to rest for me.. you have. > BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame 548437
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:24 am

Oh my god, just found out that the cake is a lie....
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:28 pm

I seriously hope they don't blow their entire creative load on progressive content. It ruins the game to know that once you've hit end-game, there is next to nothing to do. (I'm looking at you Age of Conan!)

Games with only 3 end-game raids just puts you off from staying with the game once you've pushed through it with one character.

I really hope they devote at least a third of their resources and attention on end-game content.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:33 pm

Maybe they will make PvP interesting and make it so say there is a PvP zone or planet it would have territorial control and resources and stuff like that.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:31 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:Maybe they will make PvP interesting and make it so say there is a PvP zone or planet it would have territorial control and resources and stuff like that.

That would awesome. A bit like Aion but only bigger and better.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:46 am

Benson wrote:
Tyren Vaal wrote:Maybe they will make PvP interesting and make it so say there is a PvP zone or planet it would have territorial control and resources and stuff like that.

That would awesome. A bit like Aion but only bigger and better.

YES YES YES!!!
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:53 am

Mardon Ag'dor wrote:YES YES YES!!!

Mardon is in the shower using herbal essence shampoo? =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:09 am

Kevlar wrote:

how did you know =P Mace Windu
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Zebular Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:14 am

Bahn Durm wrote:Is it sad that I have yet to reach endgame for WoW and I've been playing it for years now?

I've been playing for a few years myself and my highest level that I just reached is 61. BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame 409189 The one thing that I dislike so much about all the end-game content is that it is too often than not geared towards hard-core players who, and nothing against their playstyle, seems to get the best in-game rewards because they are able to get in on 5-10-15-20-15 man Raids constantly. It seems that end-content is far too often biased towards that play-style. For once, I'd like to see just as much reward possible for a casual/solo gamer as there has been for raid gamers. Afterall, we're also subscribers like the rest.

Mardon Ag'dor wrote:
Kevlar wrote:

*Zeb laughs hysterically*
Zebular
Zebular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mardon Ag'dor Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:06 pm

Zebular wrote:
Bahn Durm wrote:Is it sad that I have yet to reach endgame for WoW and I've been playing it for years now?

I've been playing for a few years myself and my highest level that I just reached is 61. BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame 409189 The one thing that I dislike so much about all the end-game content is that it is too often than not geared towards hard-core players who, and nothing against their playstyle, seems to get the best in-game rewards because they are able to get in on 5-10-15-20-15 man Raids constantly. It seems that end-content is far too often biased towards that play-style. For once, I'd like to see just as much reward possible for a casual/solo gamer as there has been for raid gamers. Afterall, we're also subscribers like the rest.

Mardon Ag'dor wrote:
Kevlar wrote:

*Zeb laughs hysterically*

The reason i think that it is geared more towards hardcore play style is that its hard to come up with enticing content for someone to solo. Doing a raid over and over again to pic something up that has a 3% chance of dropping is far less work for the developers than writing an entire story and plot-line to keep a casual gamer as enticed as a hardcore one.

A throw back here to SWG (no laughing... I'm serious ok get your laughing out now but after that no more laughing). Im gonna go out on a limb and say SWG had THE BEST in game economy i have ever seen in a game. A casual gamer could easily come up with the credits to buy an awesome weapon and because weapons were all based on players crafting them it was the great equalizer so to speak. Now there was the final tier that only hardcore players could achieve(99% resist composite armor ect...). But having players control the production of weapons and armor was fantastic!

i think if they implemented a cross between SWG and WoW economics they could have a very potent blend. Hence great items are crafted and really great items are drops so that casual players and hardcore players can all really get what they want. i dunno maybe I'm crazy.... input?
Mardon Ag'dor
Mardon Ag'dor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:59 pm

I heard in end game you get to blow up a death star. Two groups go down to the planet and takes out the generators, one group sabotages from inside the death star and one group hits it from space....No seriously I haven't heard it, but it would be very cool.
End game is important to keep subscriptions going. Without subs there is no game development. I hope that bioware will do something different but you will have to give the masses their highly repeated, for not much reward, end game content. I will not be rushing to end game. Experiencing the full content with friends and guildies is what I am mostly after.
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm hoping when the game comes out my brother can make an account and we can do some of the trooper quest line together (and I can do a bit with the OUF too of course. Smile )
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:33 pm

what I like is the idea that each classes story line arc is going to different so even if you get to end game and dont want to continue with your current class you can pick another and have a totally different ending.... well thats what they promissed.

I have got to be honest this might sound sad but end game aint an issue for me as i enjoy the social side of the guild more than any end game content. In SWG i stopped doing the end game raids and concentrated on leveling the newbies in the guild and that was much more rewarding than any end game content.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:I'm hoping when the game comes out my brother can make an account and we can do some of the trooper quest line together (and I can do a bit with the OUF too of course. Smile )
Can I join? little brother or big brother? cause if its a little brother, well... no comment.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:46 am

Same age, he's a mature person though I don't think he'd suit joining this guild (other wise I'd have told him more about it). Razz
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Chilli Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:09 am

Not many MMO's go live with Endgame stuff, its normally the first thing they add after making things balanced / stable so no exploits can be used to get phat epic gear...

Some goal based PVP would be awesome capture the flag / command point like in battlefront, not a huge fan of open sandbox PVP it just leads to smack talk and hate /tells. As far as raids go.... Blowing up a star destroyer / republic cruiser after breaking in and stealing their lunch money; any secret plans lying around and some wookie shampoo, would be quite fun BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame 21677

Hell i'll settle for just blowing sh*t up BioWare On The Old Republic's Endgame 890939
Chilli
Chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:35 am

PvP is way too boring in most games, yeah I'd definitely love it if they made different game modes so everyone can do well at different things, that'd kick ass.
Also haven't seen you in awhile Chilli, whats up?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next