Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dessanar

+11
Satarel Vao
Tyren Vaal
Jalen Lojed
Jacan Na'al
Rebel Marksman
Carlen Darko
Udumbara
Kevlar
Quinlan Sa'athis
Toranilor
Dessanar
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dessanar - Page 2 Empty Re: Dessanar

Post  Toranilor Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:47 pm

dessanar wrote:I have Just become a Dad for the first time (This Is COOL!!!!)

Ooh! Pics would be awesome, we have a few parents here.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:22 am

dessanar wrote:I play Ice Hockey/In Line hockey and I have represented my country
I have Just become a Dad for the first time (This Is COOL!!!!)

Gotta love Hockey - I am a big fan of the NHL games (Xbox 360) and wasn't the Winter Olympics Ice Hockey final awesome! (When I play NHL I go with the Flyers (PHI))

And congratulations on becoming a dad! My son is 7 months old now (we called him Jacan... guess where I got that from LOL).
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:54 am

Olympic hockey finals were epic for sure... but damn am I glad Canada didn't lose. That would be a bad taste.. our own sport in our own country?

Anyway.. I'm sure alot of Americans don't like him, but Crosby is the king haha. Of course, having a playmaker like Iggy pass you the puck always helps too.
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:15 am

So, Mr. Dessanar, still around?
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 am

I hope he hasn't taken the Logan approach to recruitment.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Toranilor wrote:
Kevlar wrote:I like the answers to the second question! Very creative =)

But Toran? Haven't we seen this hypo before? =O

YES, but no recruit has.

No-one answered it earlier, so i posted it here.

Schoolwork is draining my brain atm, the Toranilor Hypothetical Situation Factory will be up and running later.

Mr. Dessanar Welcome to our forums! Smile

And Tor, I answered your hypo in the member section... Wink some time ago. I thought it was an excelent hypo, in case you did not receive the credits from me!
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Benson wrote:
Toranilor wrote:
Kevlar wrote:I like the answers to the second question! Very creative =)

But Toran? Haven't we seen this hypo before? =O

YES, but no recruit has.

No-one answered it earlier, so i posted it here.

Schoolwork is draining my brain atm, the Toranilor Hypothetical Situation Factory will be up and running later.

Mr. Dessanar Welcome to our forums! Smile

And Tor, I answered your hypo in the member section... Wink some time ago. I thought it was an excelent hypo, in case you did not receive the credits from me!

SHHH benson....

But thanks annyway. I read your answers and though they were pretty cool.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Carlen Darko wrote:Dessanar, I would like to use you as a test if you do not mind. We in the Economy Council, who handles recruiting, crafting, and more, are attempting to create better recruitment strategies and stronger ties with new hopefuls. One such idea is to have any new recruit interview an existing member. This is what I would request of you.

Please create 5 to 6 questions you have about life in our guild and then find an active member (most likely an Officer or higher) and interview them (via Private Messaging). Then post your results up in this thread as soon as you can.

In advance, thank you for assisting the E.C. in it's endeavors to create a stronger guild. This will show highly of you to the Elder Council.

Hey no problem I will get onto this straight away.

Sorry I havent been online my boy has been a bit unwell over the weekend.

but i am back and raring to go again..

so i will get the questions going...
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:45 pm

I hope your child has recovered/recovers swiftly.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:36 pm

No worries, I hope your son gets better.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Glad to hear your back and I hope all is well with the boy. I am a recently new father (2 months) to a beautiful daughter, so I understand.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Carlen Darko wrote:Glad to hear your back and I hope all is well with the boy. I am a recently new father (2 months) to a beautiful daughter, so I understand.

thanks every one yeah he is ok just a water infection...

new baby = lots of worries lol
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Carlen Darko wrote:Dessanar, I would like to use you as a test if you do not mind. We in the Economy Council, who handles recruiting, crafting, and more, are attempting to create better recruitment strategies and stronger ties with new hopefuls. One such idea is to have any new recruit interview an existing member. This is what I would request of you.

Please create 5 to 6 questions you have about life in our guild and then find an active member (most likely an Officer or higher) and interview them (via Private Messaging). Then post your results up in this thread as soon as you can.

In advance, thank you for assisting the E.C. in it's endeavors to create a stronger guild. This will show highly of you to the Elder Council.

please se below the results of my interview
Hey Den,

I've tried my best to answer the questions, but you may want to talk to an elder councilor (blue names) if my answers prove inadequate.

1) As a long serving member what would you say are the strengths of the guild especially aimed towards selling points to new members.
I would say the guild's greatest strength is it's sense of structure, offering a cohesive, efficient roster and rank system while keeping a strong sense of community and being great fun to be a part of!

2) With resource and credit options not yet released by BW what do you thing the guilds policies will be on resource sharing for guild beneficial tasks.
I firmly believe that the guild will have a volunteer crafting-resource sharing system, managed by the Economy council. If one chooses to be a part of the system, you would donate a small amount of resoursces or credits when you can, and recieve crafted items in return. (Or trade your crafting services withing the guild.)
Essentially, I imagine it will function as a small internal guild economy, where everything is made available to everyone else and everything is sold at cost.

3) With regards to raiding how will the compand structure work for guild raid or large role playing scenarios
The raid command structure works very much like a military system; the higher ranks of the assault millitia take command, and some authority is delegated to lower ranks. For instance, if we were in a raid, the highest ranking military officer would take command, or, if he/she feels another is more up to the task, appoint them as leader.

4) I have been an active member of my previous guild and "rose through the ranks" what kind of Promotional options do you believe we have with the guild.
The OUF offers many branches of promotion in our various departments and many oppourtunities for promotion. In addidition to the initial ranks (cadet through to seargent-major), any member can apply to join either the Economy Council, Judicial Comitee, Assault Millitia or the Inquisitorious. These departments themselves have oppourtunities for promotions, ensuring a dynamic and vaired rank system within the OUF.

That's not to say, however, that those of lower ranks are any less important. OUF will be implementing a new 'ribbon' system to award various achievements and guild activites, another way of recognising excellence in service apart from promotions.

5) Buddy Options. With Jedi always having Master and Padawan is there going to be a buddy system available to new recruits once we have higher level members. In my previous guild I was kinda a teacher and I took newbies under my wind and helped their development.
To my knowledge OUF functions as a community, preffering not to focus on individual reltionships. This encourages the development of the guild as a whole, but members are still encouraged to teach new members the ways of the OUF!

Hope this helps!
-Tor

The Sith seek our power, and the Jedi envy our freedom.
This is who we are.

We are the Light

We are the Dark

We are the Order of the Unifying Force

Follow the adventures of Toran!
http://orderoftheunifyingforce.com/tiki-index.php?page=Toranilor+and+the+Upari+Crystal

Dessanar - Page 2 80-16
Dessanar - Page 2 I_icon_profile Dessanar - Page 2 I_icon_msnm
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:19 pm

did i say welcome already?
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Rygal Blaqk wrote:did i say welcome already?

LOL CANT REMEMBER BUT THANKS VERY MUCH
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:11 am

dessanar wrote:

No need to shout des Smile

Nice interview, good questions that an application should be asking.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:20 am

You said you represented your country ... in ice hockey or roller hockey? I, too, played ice hockey for most of my life. I originally hail from Hockeytown (Detroit), home of the greatest ice hockey teams ever to play the game! And I, too, am I new father (3 month baby girl). I just went through her first round of booster shots and had to see her a little sick for the first time ... breaks your heart!
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Very good questions and nicely answered.

I want to add a little something on our raid system.
We want that all our members can enjoy end-game, this translates in two different raid group types with different rules.

So in OUF there will be room for hardcore raiders and casual raiders.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:18 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:
dessanar wrote:

No need to shout des Smile

Nice interview, good questions that an application should be asking.

oops my bad didnt see caps was on lol
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Udumbara wrote:You said you represented your country ... in ice hockey or roller hockey? I, too, played ice hockey for most of my life. I originally hail from Hockeytown (Detroit), home of the greatest ice hockey teams ever to play the game! And I, too, am I new father (3 month baby girl). I just went through her first round of booster shots and had to see her a little sick for the first time ... breaks your heart!

It was roller hockey. I loved playing ice hockey but it was for a recreational team. The main team was Cardiff Devils and I was in a reserve type team of theirs. Loved the game but could not translate my Inline form onto ice for some reason.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Dessanar - Page 2 Empty Acceptance

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Dont know if this is a cheeky question but when do we find out if we have been accepted into the guild?
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Hey Des! Usually the recruit's app is posted for 10 days for a vote amongst the elders. Of course, if you managed to impress all of the elders into voting before the 10 days are up, they the period is a lot shorter =).

currently the vote ends tomorrow. There are still a few that haven't voted.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Kevlar wrote:Hey Des! Usually the recruit's app is posted for 10 days for a vote amongst the elders. Of course, if you managed to impress all of the elders into voting before the 10 days are up, they the period is a lot shorter =).

Ah ok cool no problem sorry for asking just wanted to understand how it all works...

thanks for replying...

hope i am impressing lol
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Kevlar wrote:Hey Des! Usually the recruit's app is posted for 10 days for a vote amongst the elders. Of course, if you managed to impress all of the elders into voting before the 10 days are up, they the period is a lot shorter =).

If there is any thing else anyone would like to know about me please just ask.

for those that havent voted if there is anyhting in particular they would like to know then I am willing to answer ANY question.

I have to admit to being a little nervous to see if I get in as I have been impressed so far with everything I have seen with this guild. Dessanar - Page 2 371639
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:36 pm

Sorry Des, there is not much you can do at this point.

I suggest you rest your eyes for a while and await the big news.

I will be there to welcome you when its time or I will lend my shoulder for you to cry on when all things go to hell.

''every little thing is gonna be alright"

edit: maybe you could look up an awesome avatar to use in OUF.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum