Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dessanar

+11
Satarel Vao
Tyren Vaal
Jalen Lojed
Jacan Na'al
Rebel Marksman
Carlen Darko
Udumbara
Kevlar
Quinlan Sa'athis
Toranilor
Dessanar
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dessanar Empty Dessanar

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi,

I am 29 years old and I live in South Wales, UK.

My Character name is Dessanar which is kinda a mish mash of names from the SW universe.

I Played SWG for a number of years and had a range of characters from an elder jedi to TKM and a doctor with Uber buffs but i left when SOE started to really ruing the game. I was part of a guild called Fists of Light on Euro CHimeara. In the guild i gained a lot of friends and towards the end I kinda had the role of a teacher. What I would basically do is help all low level new guildies tog et to a decent level by grinding with them or even helping them out with credits, weapons or armour. I liked this role and I can see myself enjoying doing this again.

Once SWG was basically destroyed I have flitted between WOW and AOC playing a number of different types including Priest, Holy Paladin, Death knight, Hunter, Dark Templar and Tempest of Set. but basically I have not found anything to replace SWG.

I am a massive Star Wars fan and I have collected a large number of books from the expanded universe so I have quite a bit of knowledge that might benefit us is we get into RP scenarios in SWTOR. I basically love SW.

The reason I applied was I could not make up my mind if I should go dark or light as I have always played a light sided character but I recieved an email asking me to check out the site off two of your memebers and the email made the guild look friendly and exciting and thats whats made me decide to apply. As I like being in a sociable guild with friendly people.

I am not a member of any other site so have no forum name. In wow my two main Characters and Lightenstar and Darkenstar.

WHere did i First hear about Star Wars The Old Republic?????? I have been awaiting this since I left SWG and I am a member of the star wars sight and basically I always keep an eye out for any thing new to do with SW.

thanks for letting me apply. I can be found on here or by email to wobpfm@aol.com if you would like me to reply quickly. Dessanar 456595
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Dessanar Empty Re: Dessanar

Post  Toranilor Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Welcome to the forums Dennesar!

I hope your application is well-recieved.

A few things;

Jacan Na'al is the leader. Worship him.
Quinlan Sa'aithis is the investigator. Fear him.
Toranilor is annoying. Ignore him.

Hope all goes well!

EDIT:

As is mandatory, here are the hypotheticals. They generally serve well as an ice-breaker and conversation starter, as well as letting us get to know you better. Your questions are; Question the first;

It is currently 33 ATC, and the OUF have been fighting for the republic ) for three years. Jedi master Arkel Gil'varnok struck a decisive blow against the sith, destroying an entire asteroid base, with the great assistance of the OUF. You fought along side him in the battle, and he saved your life from a marauder as you both fled the exploding compound. He is now on Caarimon with the OUF, discussing a further alliance with Supreme Commander Jacan Na'al. They are meditating in the tranqulity room. A few members and Quinlan Sa'aithis are in the Hangar, checking the orbital defense stystems and repairing starships. All other members are in the training rooms for a lesson on self controll and mediation (you were given leave due to your service on the sith base). You walk by the communications station, when everything suddenly blacks out. It appears a raid is imminent. The orbital defence systems will keep the temple safe from bombardment, but three EXTREMELY powerful sith operatives have covertley landed in the temple. One is headed for the tranquility room, where the Jedi master and Supreme Commander are meditating. One is headed to the hangar, supposedly to diable the starships and orbital defence systems, leaving the temple open to bombardment. The final sith is headed to the training room, where he hopes to slaughter all the new recruits, and the remaining masters. You are the only one who knows this. Communcations are blacked out. You have time to run to your quarters, grab whatever you need and go to one of the three locations the sith are headed to.
Time is running out.

What do you do?

Question the second;

You are running from a strange person with an unkown object in your possession. You have destroyed a building but saved all its occupants, and by your side is an unlikely companion.

Who is you pursuer, what is the object, what was the building, who were the occupants, who is the companion and why/how did this happen?

Enjoy!
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:33 pm

Welcome to the forums.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Man, Tor is back! =P haha, at least I don't have to constantly be thinking up hypothetical any more =P

Anyways, Welcome Dessanar! =D Make sure you take the time to read the charter and history up top! It will give you a sense of what this guild is about!

Looking forward to chatting.

dessanar wrote:I recieved an email asking me to check out the site off two of your memebers

Yeah! Hi-Five Carlen! =P

but doh! Dessanar 451181 I knew something like this might happen, but in this case the double up may have been positive =)
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Kevlar wrote:Man, Tor is back! =P haha, at least I don't have to constantly be thinking up hypothetical any more =P

Anyways, Welcome Dessanar! =D Make sure you take the time to read the charter and history up top! It will give you a sense of what this guild is about!

Looking forward to chatting.

dessanar wrote:I recieved an email asking me to check out the site off two of your memebers

Yeah! Hi-Five Carlen! =P

but doh! Dessanar 451181 I knew something like this might happen, but in this case the double up may have been positive =)

the double up definatley worked made me feel in demand lol
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:44 pm

haha, hmm, maybe in the future it should be a policy to double up on recruit pm's? I'm afraid we might annoy people by seemingly to spam them though =P haha.

Anyways, again, welcome Des! Feel free to join in on other conversations and topics in the general area. Look through some of the FanCreation stuff as well! we have some pretty fantastic writers, doodlers here!

Above all else, have fun!
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:48 pm

As is mandatory, here are the hypotheticals. They generally serve well as an ice-breaker and conversation starter, as well as letting us get to know you better. Your questions are; Question the first;

It is currently 33 ATC, and the OUF have been fighting for the republic ) for three years. Jedi master Arkel Gil'varnok struck a decisive blow against the sith, destroying an entire asteroid base, with the great assistance of the OUF. You fought along side him in the battle, and he saved your life from a marauder as you both fled the exploding compound. He is now on Caarimon with the OUF, discussing a further alliance with Supreme Commander Jacan Na'al. They are meditating in the tranqulity room. A few members and Quinlan Sa'aithis are in the Hangar, checking the orbital defense stystems and repairing starships. All other members are in the training rooms for a lesson on self controll and mediation (you were given leave due to your service on the sith base). You walk by the communications station, when everything suddenly blacks out. It appears a raid is imminent. The orbital defence systems will keep the temple safe from bombardment, but three EXTREMELY powerful sith operatives have covertley landed in the temple. One is headed for the tranquility room, where the Jedi master and Supreme Commander are meditating. One is headed to the hangar, supposedly to diable the starships and orbital defence systems, leaving the temple open to bombardment. The final sith is headed to the training room, where he hopes to slaughter all the new recruits, and the remaining masters. You are the only one who knows this. Communcations are blacked out. You have time to run to your quarters, grab whatever you need and go to one of the three locations the sith are headed to.
Time is running out.

What do you do?

Right my decision would be to head to the hangar. The reasoning for this is that I could save the most lives with this option.

I would proceed to the hangar and disable the sith by any means neccesary hopefully not resulting in his death as it would be usedfull to gleem any information out of him that I Could.

I would have faith that the jedi Master and our Supreme Commander would be able to over come the Sith.
I am aware that the next most at risk are the jedi in the training room so once I had dispatched the sith in the hangar that would be my next destinantion.

Question the second;

You are running from a strange person with an unkown object in your possession. You have destroyed a building but saved all its occupants, and by your side is an unlikely companion.

Who is you pursuer, what is the object, what was the building, who were the occupants, who is the companion and why/how did this happen?

The Pursuer is a Sith Master,the object is a holocron with all the information of the facility, The building is a Sith training Complex, The occupants were Force addepts that were taken from their homes to swell the ranks of the Empire, The companion is the head off Lore who has grown dissilussioned by the black and white belief of the sith and Jedi who has dreamed of living in a world without black white beliefs.

I was palced under cover by our supreme commander to infiltrate the learning facility to see what kinds of procedures were under going there. A friendly tutor saw through my front and challenged me. I could see her faultering and decided to tell her the truth. She presented me the holocron and told me that this would help us battle the danger that is the sith.

Between us we rigged a delayed self destruct on the facility and activated a training evacuation drill which got all the adepts out of the building. The sith master noticed us as we withdrew from the facility and noticed our behaviour. When the facility started to go down he knew that we had done this and gave chase.
Enjoy![/quote]
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:56 pm

I like the answers to the second question! Very creative =)

But Toran? Haven't we seen this hypo before? =O
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Welcome! Your knowledge of SW will be well received, especially by me. I'm the village idiot when it comes to SW, which is why they put me in charge of the cantina. Anyway, look forward to getting to know you better!
Udumbara
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Kevlar wrote:I like the answers to the second question! Very creative =)

hey thanks I have never had to do anything like this before so I am glad you like lol Dessanar 67899
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Udumbara wrote:Welcome! Your knowledge of SW will be well received, especially by me. I'm the village idiot when it comes to SW, which is why they put me in charge of the cantina. Anyway, look forward to getting to know you better!

lol well if i can help with any thing yell lol
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Thanks for coming out. I can't wait to hear more from you.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Welcome to the forums and good answers on the hypos.
Rebel Marksman
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Rebel Marksman wrote:Welcome to the forums and good answers on the hypos.

hey thanks very much looking forward to seeing if I have to do any more Hypo's lol Dessanar 371639
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:44 am

Welcome Dessanar!
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:10 am

Welcome. I played SWG for a while myself. I left because, well the sight is a lost cause with problems too great to inumerate upon.
Good to have you aboard. I'm looking foward to your posts.
Jalen Lojed
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:52 am

Kevlar wrote:I like the answers to the second question! Very creative =)

YES, but no recruit has.

No-one answered it earlier, so i posted it here.

Schoolwork is draining my brain atm, the Toranilor Hypothetical Situation Factory will be up and running later.
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:45 am

Welcome to the forum! Glad you received my PM on the TOR site, didn't think I'd get a response.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:38 am

Welcome to the forum!
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Dessanar Empty Welcome

Post  Dessanar Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks for all the warm welcomes it seems every thimg i had in the pm was right about this guild :-)
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:40 pm

So, Den,

Could you tell us one random/cool fact about yourself not relating to SW or MMORPGS? (Except if you have a stormtrooper costume or are a sith lord, they count)
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Dessanar Empty facts

Post  Dessanar Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:30 pm

Toranilor wrote:So, Den,

Could you tell us one random/cool fact about yourself not relating to SW or MMORPGS? (Except if you have a stormtrooper costume or are a sith lord, they count)

Well dont think I have many cool things to say lol so I will just tell you a little bit about me and if any of it qualifies then so be it lol.

I play Ice Hockey/In Line hockey and I have represented my country
I Breed Rottweilers
I run a Vauxhall Main Dealership Used Car Department
I have Just become a Dad for the first time (This Is COOL!!!!)
I have a what I think is a Big collection of Signed Star Wars memrobilia.

does any of this count lol
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:05 am

Dessanar, I would like to use you as a test if you do not mind. We in the Economy Council, who handles recruiting, crafting, and more, are attempting to create better recruitment strategies and stronger ties with new hopefuls. One such idea is to have any new recruit interview an existing member. This is what I would request of you.

Please create 5 to 6 questions you have about life in our guild and then find an active member (most likely an Officer or higher) and interview them (via Private Messaging). Then post your results up in this thread as soon as you can.

In advance, thank you for assisting the E.C. in it's endeavors to create a stronger guild. This will show highly of you to the Elder Council.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:32 am

Carlen Darko wrote:Dessanar, I would like to use you as a test if you do not mind. We in the Economy Council, who handles recruiting, crafting, and more, are attempting to create better recruitment strategies and stronger ties with new hopefuls. One such idea is to have any new recruit interview an existing member. This is what I would request of you.

Please create 5 to 6 questions you have about life in our guild and then find an active member (most likely an Officer or higher) and interview them (via Private Messaging). Then post your results up in this thread as soon as you can.

In advance, thank you for assisting the E.C. in it's endeavors to create a stronger guild. This will show highly of you to the Elder Council.

Very good idea. Dessanar 925814 "Impressive, ooohh kaaa ooohh kaaa"
Ok the Vader breathing was as close as I could come.
Jalen Lojed
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:34 am

Welcome to the OUF forums Dessanar.
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content