Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

swtor.com down again

+5
Ham Arel'li
Jeme'Maer
Rusic Terron
Arashi Storm
Valiant
9 posters

Go down

swtor.com down again Empty swtor.com down again

Post  Valiant Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:50 am

Second day sense beta sign ups and it goes down again, and it was down all day yesterday and I could not get on all night last night or this morning, when it did come up you could not access the forums it will still down, but the main site was up. Now after 4 or 5 hours its back down again lol.
Valiant

Back to top Go down

swtor.com down again Empty Re: swtor.com down again

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:53 am

Hopefully they will get it working again soon. They probably won't start the whole testing thing soon anyway.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Valiant Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:16 am

Arashi wrote:Hopefully they will get it working again soon. They probably won't start the whole testing thing soon anyway.

They prob wont start testing until a month or 2 from now at the earliest.

Edit, i can type today. I deleted the rest of this thought about it, it made no sense.
Valiant

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:36 am

I was excited to try and become a tester but now with the dame site shutting down all the time and the sign up process not working right, I think I'll just wait for the full game lol
Rusic Terron
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:08 am

I am trying to set up right now, and it is getting really irritating. I set up the account, put up everything, than after it finally starts to initialize it reverts me back to the beginning of the application....this is by far the biggest flop that has happened to Bioware.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ham Arel'li Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:19 am

I finally was able to complete the sign-up for the beta. One of the problems I was having was the browser (activex is not properly supported in firefox) and IE was giving me troubles, I hate that web browser. Anyways, I hope the fact I'm using windows 7 will influence them to select me cuz it's not even out yet and it will give them an idea on how it runs on this OS. Please choose me!!! :D
Ham Arel'li
Ham Arel'li

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:07 am

I never had a problem cause of Firefox, it installed a small java applet and away it went no issues at all.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:56 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:I never had a problem cause of Firefox, it installed a small java applet and away it went no issues at all.

Same here
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 am

Ham Arel'li wrote:I finally was able to complete the sign-up for the beta. One of the problems I was having was the browser (activex is not properly supported in firefox) and IE was giving me troubles, I hate that web browser. Anyways, I hope the fact I'm using windows 7 will influence them to select me cuz it's not even out yet and it will give them an idea on how it runs on this OS. Please choose me!!! Very Happy
Hey! I just remembered. If Ham get's the beta I can just go to his house and give it a try lol Razz
Rusic Terron
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Ham Arel'li Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:32 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:I never had a problem cause of Firefox, it installed a small java applet and away it went no issues at all.

Strange, truth is I never had problems with activex in the past using firefox. I wonder if perhaps using windows 7 effects anything but I doubt it.
Ham Arel'li
Ham Arel'li

Back to top Go down

Post  Ham Arel'li Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:32 am

Rusic Terron wrote:
Ham Arel'li wrote:I finally was able to complete the sign-up for the beta. One of the problems I was having was the browser (activex is not properly supported in firefox) and IE was giving me troubles, I hate that web browser. Anyways, I hope the fact I'm using windows 7 will influence them to select me cuz it's not even out yet and it will give them an idea on how it runs on this OS. Please choose me!!! :D
Hey! I just remembered. If Ham get's the beta I can just go to his house and give it a try lol :p

Negative, not allowed, it's ALL MINE!!!!!!!
Ham Arel'li
Ham Arel'li

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:43 am

Ham will be under a NDA if he gets in.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:21 am

The community team made a point that this is not beta.

They are refering to it as the game testing phase which seems to place it between alpha and beta (could I guess be alpha I suppose).

So beta is still to come down the track.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:12 pm

Can you imagine the numbers of people that must have poured in to cause their servers to overload? I get the feeling that when the game ships its going to be bloody massive amounts of people.

I mean seriously, StarWars. Kotor. MMO? I wouldn't be surprised if our guild numbers triple within the first months.

Lets just hope our infrastructure is ready to take the load when the time comes eh?
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Lets just hope our infrastructure is ready to take the load when the time comes eh?

Do you doubt us? hehe
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Arashi wrote:

Do you doubt us? hehe

Haha, Murphy's ultimate law mate.

'Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong and at the worst possible moment.'
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:24 pm

I hear ya man. We have at least discussed it already. The traffic on their server had to of been crazy considering the problems people were having plus the extra responses their mail server was sending out. When people get frustrated they just click click click when sometimes if you just wait a minute. That probably caused an excess of network traffic as well.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:22 am

Kevlar wrote:
Arashi wrote:

Do you doubt us? hehe

Haha, Murphy's ultimate law mate.

'Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong and at the worst possible moment.'

Lol, well that is what the officers are for, just take things one at a time and be calm...
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down