Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TEST SWTOR!!!!!

+14
Rygal Blaqk
Ruka
Quinlan Sa'athis
Jacan Na'al
Tyren Vaal
Mictian
Skeevenmac
Thalos
Jeme'Maer
Gatho
Carlen Darko
Valiant
Delyn
Arashi Storm
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TEST SWTOR!!!!! Empty TEST SWTOR!!!!!

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:12 pm

They have announced testing!! If your interested get your butts over to the official TOR site.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

TEST SWTOR!!!!! Empty Re: TEST SWTOR!!!!!

Post  Delyn Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:02 pm

oh noes!! its broken!!

heres the face book note for it anyways

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/note.php?note_id=143811123818&ref=nf
Delyn
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Valiant Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:15 pm

Arashi wrote:They have announced testing!! If your interested get your butts over to the official TOR site.

They had the site down this morning, i guess they was updateing the site for sign ups i kept getting on to check and if it was back up, I stay on that website ;p. Anyways I got on it about 5 mins after it come back up with the sign ups, everything was running smooth at the time got through it in about 1 min. But after about 30 mins the hole website started acting up until they took it all down,I guess there uping the bandwidth or what ever they do, so more people can be on at ones.

I sure wish being one of the very first few people to sign up made any diff in selecting testers but it dont, I have as much chance getting selected even if i was the very first 1, as some guy in Cali that is the 100000 person to sign up a month later.

That really means that we are not to far away from release, anywhere from 5 months to a year, unless the bugs in the game are just terrible.
Valiant

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:39 pm

It's good to see ya Valiant. You might have a little better chance than some since your outside the US. They might want some people outside the US to see how their computers do from a longer distance. I am kinda guessing here, but I remember seeing them say something about it. Hopefully at least one person from our guild will get in.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Valiant Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Arashi wrote:It's good to see ya Valiant. You might have a little better chance than some since your outside the US. They might want some people outside the US to see how their computers do from a longer distance. I am kinda guessing here, but I remember seeing them say something about it. Hopefully at least one person from our guild will get in.

Not outside the US at this time, resident of Arkansas at this moment in time.
Valiant

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:24 pm

All I care about is that at least one person in our Order get on board the testing.
That would be an amazing achievement for us.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:33 pm

WOOT, sunshine! For two days my computer's CPU has gotten overheated and I have had to change the thermal...mixture and I forget to check on TOR. NOW THIS HAPPENS!

Valiant I agree what if they actually meant they didn't want to be on next E3 "just" showing off TOR haha!

And Arashi I agree with that it would be nice with someone in the guild getting in the testings, got plenty of guys that deserve it on here :p

Site is still unavailable though, must've been a real blow for loots of people haha.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:08 am

Not outside the US at this time, resident of Arkansas at this moment in time.

My bad. You use to live in Japan right? Maybe I am getting you confused with someone else.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:26 am

Not sure what made them take it down. I did get 4 emails saying my account had been updated. Not sure if the server was having problems with too many extra emails being sent out.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:59 am

OMG OMG!! (nerd joy) beta testing! I need to apply right as soon as the site is back up.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:14 am

lol damn can't seem to get into the site!! HAHAHA they took it down due to soo many people trying to sign up .
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Valiant Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:36 am

Never been in Japan, I was over in england for a little while but I am from the US even if i spell like I am a english noob. I was fixing to go to Japan a few months back maybe I was talking about that, my brother is over there, he might have gotten on my name and posted but I am not sure why he would do that he has never done that before.

I got them 4 or 5 account update emails to, i was wondering why it did that. Been down all day long gah must have really fried something down there.

Yeah it would be nice if some one in the guild got into beta. If I get in I will in and play, then again if i dont get in I wont be extremely upset. The biggest selling points of this game for me is the story, and I really want to wait until release until I can injoy it.

Though on the upside reading the FAQ there doing betas in phases, so even if some one does not get picked for the first 1, they might the next one. Though even if some one gets in beta and does not want to spoil the hole story just yet, there only testing in certain areas, so might not be testing the hole game itself.
Valiant

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:51 am

Don't spoil the story for those who don't get in, but take screenshots of cool stuff to give us more swtor hunger hhaha.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Valiant Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:59 am

That would not be good, you have to sign a NDA to play.
Valiant

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:05 am

Lame!! Follow the rules or be put out on your butt, thats the choice we all have to live with. :s
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:12 am

well. as long as all members were to have a code of silence we could hide it (wink wink) +5 darkside points.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:18 am

Doesn't Bioware usually go beta for a month and a half then go gold for a month and then release? Does this seem early for anyone else? Do you think it's ready?
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:20 am

Beta is going to tell us rather its ready for release or not. Though god I do hope its ready. Waiting any longer would suck hardcore.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:22 am

I'm a very patient person. I hope they take as long as is needed. They have to get it right.
Skeevenmac
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:51 am

agreed, there is no reason to make a game if you aren't going to finish it before its released.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:57 am

Everyone has to agree to that. What fun is a game if its unfinished. Vanguard is the peferct example on what happens if a game is unpolished.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Valiant Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:22 am

Bioware has a lot of money backing them and a lot of workers helping. There are so many things they did to let them take short cuts where other MMO could not like usein an already, released and tested graphics engine. Pluse the engine is from what i been told a debuggers dream. They can fix bugs update the game world in real time, with out even taking the servers down and booting people off.

I been following this game sense it was just known as bioware is working on somthing until it was known as biowares secret project, then Biowares MMO, then they released it would be tor, but everyone and there mother knew they was working on somthing in the old republic, when it was leaked it was an mmo we knew it was old republic mmo ;p i thought it was kotor 3 myself before it leaked. Anyways thats been about 4 years now, close to 5, from the very first little info come out they was working on something.

I honestly think they should have DONE released it, they even said back when it was just known as bios secret project they let it slip that the estimated release was some time in 09, I cant remember the precise date date EA bought them out, I think that slowed them down some.

They have said ( i take this myself with a grain of salt) that the game wont release until it M2 comes out, they have said for sure that it wont come out this year. But just because the guy said it wont come out before ME2 does not mean a hole lot, ME2 could get pushed back, and this game is right on track they could release this game first.

If i had to bet money I think it will come out some time near jun right before E3 or when ever it suppose to be. That is unless beta is not super buggy and they have to spend a lot of time fixing them.

But given the fact most of the engine has already been debugged by the people who created it, bio really only has to worry about stuff they have added to it, and the bugs that comes from that. They also from what I have been told have been in Alpha for OVER a year. This game has so much anticipation behind it, in alpha they do in house testing workers, friends and family, and I can guarantee that they had no shortage of alpha testers I bet there was tones of them, and they debug a lot in alpha as well as in beta. So I don't look for it to be a very long beta myself, and release is not that far away, because I am pretty sure that the game has shaped up very well and its 99% done and that last 1% they will be working on between now and beta start, prob a couple months at the most.
Valiant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:26 am

ah man, it says that I am ineligible to sign up for the beta.

I think they really screwed up this time. Instead of allowing applications on their website, why didnt they just send notifications to those whom are members.

Last edited by Jeme'Maer on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Valiant Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:29 am

Did your account ever get banned?

Is your computer super old or super new? or a Mac or anything other then a pc.

What they look for more then anything at the moment is your system specs.

Unless its one of them reasons I have no idea why it would not let you sign up.

Or they have a limit of beta sign ups, would not think that was the case but even if they do have a limit i would never guess it was already there.

Last edited by Valiant on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Valiant

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:30 am

This beta signing up is starting to get annoying, I just put in my information. Then went to submit all of it, then all of a sudden bam webpage expired. :(
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next