Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Old Republic: Delayed?

+4
Jasterk Staren
Jacan Na'al
Tyren Vaal
Kevlar
8 posters

Go down

The Old Republic: Delayed? Empty The Old Republic: Delayed?

Post  Kevlar Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Star Wars: The Old Republic delayed - Report

* By Eddie Makuch, GameSpot
* Posted Jan 26, 2011 7:43 am PT wrote:

BioWare sources cited for tip that long-awaited space-bound MMORPG will miss projected spring 2011 debut, with launch now planned for September.

A year ago Electronic Arts announced that Star Wars: The Old Republic--BioWare's massively multiplayer online role-playing game take on the esteemed film series--would arrive during the spring 2011 window. However, according to one report, the publisher was a bit ambitious with that date.

The force of delay is strong with The Old Republic, it seems.

Game business site MCV is reporting that sources within BioWare have informed it that the long-awaited PC MMORPG will arrive at an undisclosed date in September. As of press time EA had not responded to GameSpot's request for comment or clarification on the purported delay.

SW:TOR is currently in testing phase, where BioWare-selected bug squashers are traversing the game's universe, said to be bigger than every BioWare game released to dateā€¦put together.

SW:TOR--which EA will publish solo--takes place approximately 300 years after the events of the original game but some 3,600 years before the events of LucasArts' quintessential films. Players can choose to align themselves with either side of the Force, taking on professions like the Sith warrior and bounty hunter for the Dark Side and the trooper and smuggler for the Galactic Republic.

For more on the MMORPG, check out GameSpot's preview of SW:TOR, as well as a narrative analysis from Comic-Con 2010.

F@#$!

Although, don't take this too seriously folks. No other game review site has sited this change in date. And also from what I can gather MCV has some kind of agenda to smear Bioware. Everything I have read of theirs towards Bioware and TOR has be blatantly hostile and negative in every aspect.

So this is PROBABLY some kind of hater gimmick.

Having said that this could have something to do with LucasArts withdrawing from publishing and putting all the workload on EAgheys. Who may not have been prepared for such a event.

At this stage, I would suggest everyone take this with a shovel of salt.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

The Old Republic: Delayed? Empty Re: The Old Republic: Delayed?

Post  Tyren Vaal Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:13 pm

I heard about this on another site and I was also like *DARTH VADER NOOOOOOO*

People like to make stuff up like this all the time, I'm expecting a May-June release date.
On the other hand though I remember seeing an article on another site from an American SWTOR tester (apparently) who said the game was "Not nearly as finished as people think it is" he also had some other interesting things to say so I'll try to find that.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:01 am

I won't believe it until we get an official word from BioWare themselves.

I never put full faith in articles that say 'sources within' such-n-such.

It may turn out to be accurate but to be honest I don't really care if it's delayed. I am so committed to this that nothing will stand in my way, not even time itself.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:16 am

Yeah im kinda used to waiting years for it. I been in TOR clans for like 3 years.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:34 am

Well we have waited this far, another year would certainly not phase me now, iv been with this from the start. If anything though, I doubt anyone but Bioware knows the true date of TOR, and they usually have never stated things unless they were 100% that it was true.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:39 am

yup, like Jacan said. Until Bioware states otherwise. I'm just going to assume anything otherwise is full of sh!t. =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:37 am

A bit OT, but check out this level 32+ flashpoint. http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/starwarstheoldrepublic/news.html?sid=6287811&mode=previews

Usually the dungeons/group quests in WoW were just to get gear to level up with but I think SWTOR's flashpoints might be really fun.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Hey, my birthday is in September. If I write them a letter do you think they'll give me a free month? Laughing

Yeah, I don't think so either. At least I'll always have that scene that Kev posted, makes me laugh every time.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Latiel wrote:Hey, my birthday is in September. If I write them a letter do you think they'll give me a free month? Laughing

Yeah, I don't think so either. At least I'll always have that scene that Kev posted, makes me laugh every time.

Scene? =o what scene?

Edit: Do you mean VaderNoooOooo!
I think there are two types of people, people who laugh at VaderNoooOooo! and People who cringe.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:10 pm

September is good
Gives us more time to finish the new site and get it working and perfect
Gives us more time to recruit

Gives us more time to kick-start the guild again
I was a little worried with a March release date as it was.

Also so many great single player games are due out March, April, May.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Deus Ex: HR. Smile
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:28 pm

The only thing I'm worried about is Sept = Skyrim. =S
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:28 am

I for one lol at NOOOOOOOOO!!
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:34 am

Kevlar wrote:The only thing I'm worried about is Sept = Skyrim. =S

Oblivion didn't age very well and even with a new game engine I dunno if I want to buy Skyrim or not (probably will seeing as it's a new engine and Oblivion had it's moments), I'm looking forward to that Morrowind graphics overhaul mod.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:38 am

Kevlar wrote:The only thing I'm worried about is Sept = Skyrim. =S

This may mess things a bit for me too. Considering i tend to put 200+ hours into all my morrowind/oblivion characters... going to have to figure out a way to play tor at the same time as doing that?
Fenix
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:09 am

Oh gawd, I installed Oblivion again just to give it a blast and I've forgotten how broken combat was in it. Specifically the damage taken/dealt ratio. As well as the uselessness of unmodified bows and magic in general.

On harder difficulties, everyone is heman with titanium armor >.< and lightsabers.

I think I may have had a long enough break from New Vegas soon, I might have to go back to that once I give it about another month break from that. By then it should've 'refreshed' enough to start a new game with the latest mods.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down