Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Footage Of The Old Republic's Trooper In Action

+8
Cullis
Rusic Terron
Gatho
Arashi Storm
Jacan Na'al
Beadle
Tyren Vaal
Nico Gaborik
12 posters

Go down

First Footage Of The Old Republic's Trooper In Action Empty First Footage Of The Old Republic's Trooper In Action

Post  Nico Gaborik Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:13 pm

I'm sorry if anyone has already seen this but I didn't see this when I was watching the PAX stuff, so I thought I might as well post it.

http://kotaku.com/5353674/first-footage-of-the-old-republics-trooper-in-action

Trooper looks like a powerhouse btw
Nico Gaborik
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

First Footage Of The Old Republic's Trooper In Action Empty Re: First Footage Of The Old Republic's Trooper In Action

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Woo! That's definitely the class I'm going to play.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

First Footage Of The Old Republic's Trooper In Action Empty Re: First Footage Of The Old Republic's Trooper In Action

Post  Nico Gaborik Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:31 pm

a trooper and a jedi seem like a combination for victory :)
Nico Gaborik
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Yay for the trooper! is it just me or did that short trooper video somehow feel better than the other class vids?
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:09 pm

It was a nice video. I don't know if I am missing something but does it seem like he wasn't having to click on targets? RPG's seem that little bit more tedious when you have to manually click every target before you can damage it, he seemed to be changing targets just by turning though. (this could also prove difficult unless a 'lock target' feature is included)
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:12 pm

not sure what this is from but I remember a game with tab targeting starting with the closest enemy. Or maybe it just targeted them after they shot him.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:47 pm

I am really hoping we can have more than one character per account because I really want to have a trooper. The video was pretty cool. I wonder if the enemies he was fighting were stronger than some of the enemies the other classes have been fighting or if his armor is just weaker.

I saw some people on the forums complaining about the guy he killed that ended up on top of the object he was next to instead of below it like he probably should have been. Does that bother any of you? I feel like its a game and there are some things you have live with. Even if I wanted to role play the whole way through I would have to expect some of this and not let it bother me.

I also thought the humor coming from the speakers was a lot better in this video.

It looked like to me they were targeting each opponent with the mouse. I seriously doubt we will end up having to target opponents like that, or atleast I hope not. Tab usually is a good way to target enemies like you mentioned Beadle. Clicking on an opponent would always be an option if you wanted to do it that way.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:58 pm

I hope for several characters on one account as well Arashi. I can't imagine how I would be able to stick to just one character, go through the story and then delete it and start up a new one with another class. I probably will wanna do the same as I did in KotOR; playing till you get all the story that exists and go really deep into your class.

I read about that NPC dying and lying in a non-realistic position. Even though I didn't notice it myself (probably because of the blur in the video), I really feel I would like "normal" deaths. Both for NPC:s and PC:s. Like if you had just killed an NPC that had played a major part of your storyarc, with voice and everything, and now it lies with half of it's body stuck in a wall, or possibly still standing up when you're going to loot it.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:31 am

Look's awesome! maybe after I supe up my Jedi I'll try this class
Rusic Terron
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:19 am

Multiple character slots are a must-have for TOR, I couldn't imagine why they wouldn't have them in this story-driven MMO. As for the body effect, does anyone remember with the first developer video there were a couple rumors going on about there being a ragdoll effect?

The video is too blurry for me to see properly, but could it have been in any way related to that? Or was it REALLY, REALLY unrealistic (like World Of Warcraft for example..)? Also like Beadle said, I reckon it'd be a good idea to have 'Tab' to switch targets, were you thinking of Jade Empire? Because Jade Empire had that for the PC.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:51 am

Nope Tyren, never played that game.
Of course they are going to have multiple player slots, otherwise it wouldn't, as the say, be KOTOR 3 and 4 and 5 and 6.....
As for the dying effects, I think they're going to have each thing with one or maybe a few dying animations. I seriously doubt any ragdoll effects because it's an mmo, imagine having bodies flying at you from all over the screen when other people kill stuff...
The strangely positioned body doesn't bother me. Not something that you would have to live with, as Arashi said, but something that you can live with.

It was also nice to see that you actually could die, I remember watching a sith video and his health just didn't go down.... It also gave us a look at respawn options, going back to a centre was it?
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullis Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:35 pm

Personally I don't plan to die but at least I know what my enemies will see as I stand over their lifeless corpse(s)....

*Edit - btw shameless plug but don't forget some of the earliest Trooper in-game vid from this shitty compilation I made a while back... 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf5yKF56uZU' (0.32 and 2:00)*
Cullis
Cullis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:53 pm

Beadle wrote:Nope Tyren, never played that game.
Of course they are going to have multiple player slots, otherwise it wouldn't, as the say, be KOTOR 3 and 4 and 5 and 6.....
As for the dying effects, I think they're going to have each thing with one or maybe a few dying animations. I seriously doubt any ragdoll effects because it's an mmo, imagine having bodies flying at you from all over the screen when other people kill stuff...
The strangely positioned body doesn't bother me. Not something that you would have to live with, as Arashi said, but something that you can live with.

It was also nice to see that you actually could die, I remember watching a sith video and his health just didn't go down.... It also gave us a look at respawn options, going back to a centre was it?

After he died it said return to bacta tank I believe. So the question is, does it take you to the nearest bacta tank or are you going to a particular bacta tank you set up?
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:29 pm

wow trooper class looks great..hmm its abit weird how the trooper just sits out in the open and take multiple fire attacks like that, but thank god he's got that thick armor on because normal troopers drop like flies.
Ruka
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:27 am

nice Gonna check it out,
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:30 pm

Haven't seen you in a while Darka.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Hey look its Darka! Its not often a ToR eCelebrity visits the OUF =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:29 am

ARe you aware that Darka is a fellow kiwi?

Nice guy, he has been away in Canada for awhile and just got back.
Jacan Na'al
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:32 am

He left just in time to avoid this brutally cold weather..
Satarel Vao
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down