Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Trailer

+14
Eokurios
No'Saj Rol'Yat
Carlen Darko
Benson
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kevlar
Quinlan Sa'athis
Fenix
Latiel
Bahn Durm
Jasterk Staren
Jeme'Maer
Tyren Vaal
Dessanar
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hope Trailer - Page 2 Empty Re: Hope Trailer

Post  Jasterk Staren Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Always gotta be hate'n on the prequels...

Jarjar Binks Darth Maul Jango Fett
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:30 pm

haha, I didn't really like the first three episodes either. The tone of the movies was very different then 4 to 6.

1 to 3 is a lot more 'clone war'sy then the originals. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing. But I've always felt that 4 to 6 was made for adults, while 1 to 3 was made for pteens.
While clone wars was made for little kids and toddlers.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Jasterk Staren wrote:Always gotta be hate'n on the prequels...

Check out my post in the off-topic forum about the best movie reviewer of all time and you'll see exactly why the prequils are so bad. As stories and films, they are absolutely pathetic.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:21 pm

I've always loved star wars and Im not a big critic like that guy, although i think his reviews are hilarious.

I watch a movie to sit back, relax, and have fun. I don't do it to criticize every single little thing and complain about how the story is pathetic. If someone is willing to spend hundreds of millions and work hundreds of hours to make me happy with a movie that I want to see they more then have my welcome respect as does the movie. but i digress..
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Oh I agree Jas, don't get me wrong I have watched the prequels many times and do enjoy them. It's just when I think of all he could have done with them, and what we got, and then we see the trailers like 'Decieved' and 'Hope' i tend to think we were let down a little.
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:31 pm

No'Saj Rol'Yat wrote:Now if GL had of made Episode 1, 2 and possibly even 3 like this OMG how much better would they have been!...hehehe
I cannot stop watching this trailer. they give alot of cool hints in it!..I love the Trooper blaster 'minigun/chaingun' is my best description of it. Amazing!

That's what I'm talking about. I know it was beyond their capabilities at the time, but these kind of epic battles should have been in the movies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight_Marz Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:05 pm

I love this trailer soooo much, I particularly like the idea of troopers ambushing sith warriors/marauders and practically winning single handedly. Has anyone got an explanation of the grenade that guy was holding it didn't seem to explode as a thermal detonator would?
Knight_Marz
Knight_Marz

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Knight_Marz wrote:I love this trailer soooo much, I particularly like the idea of troopers ambushing sith warriors/marauders and practically winning single handedly. Has anyone got an explanation of the grenade that guy was holding it didn't seem to explode as a thermal detonator would?

Yeah I was wondering about that too, it barely seemed very powerful, maybe the sith was using a force absorption/manipulation technique and the trooper had protective armor or something...
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:16 pm

It looked to me like a frag grenade of some kind instead of a thermal detonators. Most people don't understand, but thermal detonators are in essence hand held nukes.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:24 pm

thats what i thought of maybe a ion one as each grenade will have a charge in it and that close will leave burns just like in the clip.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  ClaranceSH Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 pm

I was thinking it might be a sonic grenade. Not sure though I don't think it was a thermal det.
ClaranceSH
ClaranceSH

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:19 pm

Its almost certainly an Ion Grenade, used around this time period to disable droids and machinery but at close range it can cause burns and maybe it even disabled his lightsaber.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:41 am

Yeah I think it did disable his lightsaber, I don't remember seeing him holding it after that happened. Then again it could have just gotten tossed far away after the granade blew.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:20 am

I will toss my hat into the "it was an ion grenade" ring. When I watched it for the 14th time and my girlfriend jumped in to watch, she was like... he survived a grenade going off in his hand. The ion grenade (or concussion grenade) sounds about right to explain why he'd have scars and survive it directly.
Still.... it should still blow his hand off.... especially if it had enough power to throw their bodies around quite easily. Eh.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:27 am

Thats because its not a concussive grenade, its an "ion" grenade that releases a burst of I guess Ion so its not meant to like liquefy organs and blow up eye balls like a concussive grenade.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:28 am

Yeah it's basically like an EMP with a serious kick. Enough to dissable droids and knock you on your a** but it won't blow off your face, or whatever Hope Trailer - Page 2 303161
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:05 am

a powerful enough electromagnetic pulse at close proximity can cause brain damage or damage to your nervous system (which is essentially a circuit system) as well. Though the human brain is electrochemical in nature and not transistor based (thus protected from EM), it's still susceptible to EM radiation at the right frequency.

Plus if the Ion grenade bleeds through into other spectrum, he could have all sorts of fun things like genetic damage on the cellular level, flash burns, radiation exposure sickness. etc etc.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:10 am

Yea but this is Star Wars, so none of that stuff happens and even if it did this is in a time when they have probably developed a way of making Ion Grenades that don't have any of those side affects and can be used in close proximity to the soldiers using them.

lol
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:16 am

Gosh damn it was an epic thing to do though hey?..haha Trooper class is definately looking like my first alt!
Force using keeps getting thrown back and thrown back on my list of alts! Strange.
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:45 am

Kevlar wrote:a powerful enough electromagnetic pulse at close proximity can cause brain damage or damage to your nervous system (which is essentially a circuit system) as well. Though the human brain is electrochemical in nature and not transistor based (thus protected from EM), it's still susceptible to EM radiation at the right frequency.

Plus if the Ion grenade bleeds through into other spectrum, he could have all sorts of fun things like genetic damage on the cellular level, flash burns, radiation exposure sickness. etc etc.

You sound like my science teacher.
Tape

Considering fiction though you could probably pick at least a hundred things that are stupid in Star Wars.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:04 pm

In lightsaber fights why don't they just slide the blade down and cut of someones arm off, it would take approximately .05 hundredths of a second to simply slide the blade down and dismember someone.

Why does it seem to take a great deal more effort for Anikan skywalker, father of the most powerful jedi and force user who ever lived, to make a piece of fruit float across a table then it does for Starkiller from the Force Unleashed series to grab a tie fighter out of thin air and through it into a wall without as much as a grunt.

There are SO MANY times when a jedi in the movies could have just broke someones neck with the force or thrown a pillar down or just force pushed someone off a cliff or punched them in the face, but it doesn't happen. It only happens in the books which is why i read them! lol

Very Happy

But I think thats why the SW universe is so fun, it defies reality and lets imagination soar!
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Lol well I do have an answer for the sliding the lightsaber down to cut off an arm thing... it would be too easy for the enemy to parry while leaving you open for an attack.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Then you would just force push them into a wall or kick them in the shin or punch them in the face or pull out a .44 magnum that cant be deflected and blow there head off, lol.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Hahahaha always go for the shins! That one made me laugh Hope Trailer - Page 2 303161
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:51 pm

from what I understand, most lightsabers configured to dueling emit fields around the actually energy blade.

This field is what allows the saber to form into a solid blade, the charactistics of the field also effects how well the saber deflects blaster bolts. also effects how well the saber 'sticks' when it meets another saber's emitter field.

This might explain why there is no 'sliding' when dueling with lightsabers. Because when the two sabers met, the duelers literally have to 'pull' the sabers apart.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next