Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Trailer

+14
Eokurios
No'Saj Rol'Yat
Carlen Darko
Benson
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kevlar
Quinlan Sa'athis
Fenix
Latiel
Bahn Durm
Jasterk Staren
Jeme'Maer
Tyren Vaal
Dessanar
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hope Trailer Empty Hope Trailer

Post  Dessanar Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Just seen the new trailer all I can say is OMG....................

The female Consular looks outstanding and the force powers were amazing.

Every time a trailer comes out it makes me want to cry that the game launch is still so far away.
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Hope Trailer Empty Re: Hope Trailer

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Excellent CGI, does anyone think the female jedi might be Satele Shan?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:53 pm

yeah o thought that to. plus a lot of people of the tor forums are saying the same thing
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:52 pm

I dont think so, from what Ive been able to make up, this is too early for Satele Shan.

There has been further speculation though that the jedi consular is her mother, while the trooper that we see, was her father.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm impressed by the CGI. Throw in some story and extend it and they've got a movie on their hands. I think a lot of SW fans would enjoy some stellar battles like this in the movies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:44 pm

I like when the hot chick shows up and bang....I mean kills everyone.
Jasterk Staren
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:48 am

Did anybody else notice some TOR forum bitching about "magic" being what the female Jedi was doing? I saw that and had to take a second (or fifteenth) look at the trailer to make sure about the CGI. Well, they definitely show a physical manifestation of the Force attacks (the bluish wind animation that she was using for the Force push), but would you really say that it looks too much like magic?
Maybe just getting bothered by another troll.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:00 am

I think it works just fine, the bluish tinge to the whole thing. It's not completely unheard of, I mean come on, when you're pushing a bunch of air forward that can easily whip up plants, dirt, and all sorts of things that could clump up and reflect light to make that color. . . Or if you want a less realistic approach, it's not impossible for the force to be all pretty and colorful, just look at force lightning. If you can't have a bluish tinge when using something. . . How do you justify pushing air at THAT speed to break a solid rock wall? It's just color, and it works.

The hope trailer does an excellent job of capturing the essence of the small Republic forces fighting the overwhelming Empire, and of course is incredibly beautiful. It follows nicely in the deceived trailer's footsteps as a sort of Republic sided trailer, where deceived seemed to show off the Empire's power, and ruthlessness. Wonderful trailer, and amazing visuals, though I'm sure we all expected that part.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:04 am

Latiel wrote:I think it works just fine, the bluish tinge to the whole thing. It's not completely unheard of, I mean come on, when you're pushing a bunch of air forward that can easily whip up plants, dirt, and all sorts of things that could clump up and reflect light to make that color. . . Or if you want a less realistic approach, it's not impossible for the force to be all pretty and colorful, just look at force lightning. If you can't have a bluish tinge when using something. . . How do you justify pushing air at THAT speed to break a solid rock wall? It's just color, and it works.

I completely agree with everything you said there, and if my memory is correct (quite likely not though) The Force Unleashed had similar effects.

Really it wouldn't look nearly as good if the wall just explodeed as if hit by some invisible force.
Fenix
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:25 am

Its a game, purely speaking in mechanics if you cannot see your power you cannot aim your power.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:39 am

Oh, I agree completely. It just pisses me off that there are those out there that will piss and moan about every little detail that isn't, or in this case is, in the game.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:49 am

it is my understanding that the force deals less in actual physical manifestations then it does in energy manipulation.

So what the Bastila Shan's decedent (forget her name exactly) did in that video is not so much push a bunch of wind, but directed a massive load of kinetic energy at the sith while simultaneously pinning him in place against a rock.

Now why there should be a bluish tinge or not I can't really comment, but it would be pretty stupid if the game had no visible effects for 'special' effects.

Some people will just bitch about anything.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:06 am

I watched the video again, several times by the way, and I noticed something that can quite explain that all those people whining must have missed. If you notice when she tears down the tree, there is no color, it is just a basic use of the force....but when she slammed him against the wall, that was exactly what Kevlar said, a form of kinetic energy created by her condensing so much power and sending outward in one fluid motion.

Though I doubt thats the true reason, it sounds good, and it gives a good explanation for those who dont like the colorful effects that they used in "Hope"
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:20 am

I wish I could pull off a cartman move on southpart and freeze myself until this game comes out! That trailer got me way too excited, it looked like it was a movie! They did a fantastic job on it.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:30 pm

learn from cartman's mistake..... altough what a wicked future... Wink

anyways yup this looked great, although I thought the light of the lightsabers was a bit off.

Awesome to see a trooper kick down a sith!!! Smile
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:21 pm

when the troopers attacked i think it put a smile on any one not playing a force player.

The rifles were awesome and I liked the idea of the troopers tripping and tackling the sith as it shows everyone can own anyone if they know how to fight properly.

This is going to be great in game as no one can take things for granted
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Yeah. . . When the troopers started tossing sith warriors over their shoulders, I started imagining my smuggler kicking one of them in the groin. Best CC ever.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Kaliyah Teh Naast wrote:I wish I could pull off a cartman move on southpart and freeze myself until this game comes out! That trailer got me way too excited, it looked like it was a movie! They did a fantastic job on it.

Hehe that episode was funny, and how he still doesn't learn his lesson.

Also that force attack looked kind of like something off of Dragon Ball Z, hardly a big deal though. Jedi Knight Academy had a similar blue tinge when using certain force powers.

Also don't know if I said this or not (most likely did), but I like how the trailer reminds me of the Star Wars movies.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:55 am

Haha yes I have learned from Cartman's mistakes Hope Trailer 303161
I will wait like everyone else, besides if I froze myself I wouldn't be able to post here in the forum Hope Trailer 21677 and that wouldn't be good!
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:19 am

I've got two things to say about this trailer:

1. Fricking Awesome!!
  2. I will most certainly be making a Trooper alt. I've never seen a Trooper look so epic as I did in this trailer. That guy was the stand-out star of it for me. He took on several Sith and, though looking beat and with a little Jedi assistance, he came out on top. I especially loved the "die trying" grenade tactic.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:11 am

You could tell that trooper didn't care if he died, which is what made him even more dangerous. He said, "You mess with my woman and I will take you down with me". Haha and afterwards his face was burnt to s*** and still looked like a bamf.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:18 am

It's been said that it's next to impossible to prevent someone from killing their target if the killer has no intention to survive the attempt.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:51 am

Kevlar wrote:It's been said that it's next to impossible to prevent someone from killing their target if the killer has no intention to survive the attempt.

I must agree. That's how Bahn does it.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:49 am

Now if GL had of made Episode 1, 2 and possibly even 3 like this OMG how much better would they have been!...hehehe
I cannot stop watching this trailer. they give alot of cool hints in it!..I love the Trooper blaster 'minigun/chaingun' is my best description of it. Amazing!
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:10 pm

I liked this movie, a LOT. Just by what it shows, it reveals a lot of information about the characters, classes, and functions in the party, as well as what kind of scenarios we can expect on Alderaan. The few minutes of this move were, as short as they were, a better cinematic experience than Episodes 1 & 2 combined, with the possible addition of Episode 3.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next