Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Crafting

+18
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kevlar
Illian Amerond
Dessanar
Dragon
Jeme'Maer
Arashi
Latiel
Mictian
Toranilor
Beadle
Bahn Durm
Thalos
Carlen Darko
Tyren Vaal
Rygal Blaqk
Benson
Darka
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thoughts on Crafting - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts on Crafting

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:42 am

Dang Kaliyah your avatar is one hawt chick!..hahah
I like the idea of the 'heroic' aspect to crafing..never been a huge crafter..always seemed too much of a time sink then being productive and useable in my past experience.

And that AngryJoe guy at times made me want to smash my head against the wall...but... I did laugh at times and he did manage to get alot of good info!

'Unlimited Powahhhhh'..haha and then the pulling out og the lightsabers at the end was comedy gold!
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Carlen and the EC will probably devise a system nearby when the game comes out.
I like Kevlars idea, perhaps when someone is accepted into the guild they can start with 10 gcredits (certain factors may mean more) or something like that.

In-game I plan to craft items not only for myself but for other members then if I have materials and not-needed items left over I'll deposit them into the guild bank. Hopefully we can also be able to receive gcredits from pooling credits into the guild bank.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:57 pm

the reason why I initially thought up the gcredit idea is to promote specialization if the crafting scheme is anything like WoW, where by crafting lvl is heavily determined by the sheer amount of resources you have at your disposal.

If this is the case, it makes FAR more sense for there to be one or two dedicated crafters for each skill (armor, weapons, sabers etc) and have our entire resource gathering funneled into leveling these crafters as fast as humanly possible. Instead of everyone just gathering and crafting for themselves.

I envision a dedicated crafter's team supplying our entire guild with tiered gear as they level, being supplied by a developed in-guild economic system.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:44 pm

I agree with the fast leveling, pooling resources idea. I have been in many launch guilds that implemented this strategy and we owned face long past end game committment because we stuck to our guns and worked as a functioning team. I would suggest that we choose 2 people for each category, one US standard or central time and one European or even Austrailian time to accomidate our wide range of players.
However this system of crafting works, I am all for pooling my resources and either crafting or assisting the crafting process. As I have stated before I love crafting, trading and market management. With a strong market presence early in game we can shape and control alot of future pricing schema and make bank in the process setting us up to easily take on newcommers and gear/train with little worry for ninjas or asshats who use Guilds to level their character and then go play leet pawnage as if they did it all alone in the vacume of space >.<
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:58 pm

right! which is the reason why I thought up the gcredit system in the first place.

Not only does it allow us to get tiered gear asap, but it also prevents people from simply ninjaing gear from the guild and then dropping off. Since you only can request gear from the crafters of what you put in to the system.

This likely will still be a HELL of a lot cheaper then buying it straight from an AH (think about selling the amount of material to come up with the credits, then paying the markup of non guild crafters). But it will still keep people honest by requiring the to make a contribution.

Basically the gcredit system is a basic process of keeping track of your contribution to the guild's crafting economy versus the burden you place on it.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Love the idea guys! I would be pleased to be an active contributor of required resources, definately!
Having the guild function as a team makes alot of sense given our structure and actual premise behind the guild..that of being an Order.
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:55 am

It would be nice having our guild being as self-sufficient as possible. I also suggest that when the auction houses begin to fill out we need to account a few whom can buy/sell resources effectively to increase our income.

Another idea, if we have any allies on our server, is that we also do a lot of trading with them...as allies would usually do.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:26 am

I plan on spending a lot of time in my ship, not all the time but a lot, so hopefully I can help get some equipment for the guild when the time comes.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight_Marz Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:29 pm

I like the idea of the gcredit system . . . too many times have I been in a non-responsive guild having to work my own way through levels (which as quite a newbie to MMO's was HARD)

I'm all up for co-operation and am looking forward to assisting in guild activities anyway I can
Knight_Marz
Knight_Marz

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:16 pm

As it stands the Gcredit system would allow us all to move forward while those who have the extra time to gather/craft can benefit from the mutual goals of the whole Union. I am assuming that Mobs will drop craft items, perhaps rare craft items, so those who are level grinding and generally questing can just drop off this said crafting items and in the process earn the gear they need. That sounds great.
I would say that we should look into developing a point reward system once we better understand how the exact mechanics work. I do believe we should stockpile some, not all, low to mid-level crafting items for future members and keep a steady stream entering the market to ensure we keep our coffers full of credits just in case we need it.
Just so I have a better idea of how the Gcredit system will work, what general mechanics will go into rewarding members credit?
I was thinking along the lines of general and specific actions such as:
1. Attending Order specific events
2. Donating common, uncommon and rare craft items to the Order
3. Adding, Editing, or Updating Union information on PvP, Crafting and World information on the forums after launch
It would be hard to conceive that our first characters will be well geared and that we could fully craft the whole spectrum right from launch, yet I believe we could set standards that we reward for general behavior. I have in the past used a similar system while in my WoW days, however, it was always the main ranked people who ever saw gear and years until I actually got what I needed. I believe we can avoid this disparity if we do not make rewards biased on rank/position in our Order but participation and rewarding for donations.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:15 am

From the very little they have said about crafting, most notably that they want it to be more "epic" than simple gather/assemble, I am suspecting that crafting will be rare, done by your ship's engineer, and the very few things that are crafted will probably come from serious quests or dungeon/raid kills. Think Wade's Emporium/Master Wade from DA:O and DA:A respectively.

Again, as always, I could be entirely wrong, but that's how it came off to me when you combine the things that they've said so far with their (BioWare's) recent history in the RPG field.

It's also entirely possible that only you can use the mats that you acquire, and the items that you have your ship's engineer make.

NOTE: About the ship's engineer, watch the E3 video posted on the SWTOR website and listen carefully. He mentions "bringing things back" to the ship's engineer, and then he will make items with it.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:15 am

hmm, do you mean a point system as in you can do what they said, and they add those points...eventually you can amass enough points to "buy" some higher armor in the bank, that other crafters have made instead of just buying it?.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:29 am

I'm not even sure that we'll be able to give away armor that we've had our ship's engineer craft.....

What we should probably do is think about different systems for allotting loot from guild raids, and incorporate crafted items into that. If they introduce a guild bank like WoW did in BC, we could log donations, etc. and incorporate that into whatever point accrual method we're using.

Essentially, what it boils down to, is that we'll be using some dkp system, and we'll probably be buying crafted gear from the guild bank with dkp, if that's even possible.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:55 am

Yeah that seems like the most logical way to do it, but who knows maybe bioware will blow our minds and invent some new way to do it. We can only hope.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:00 am

Yeah i got the impression that gear will be crafted by your support characters. You will not go "mining" for mats. I wonder if crafting items will be dropped at raids, as often the crafting nuts are not big raiders. I don't think DKP from raids should be used to buy crafted items unless as you suggested crafted items are dropped from raids. Generally raids get their own loot, that non-raiders get no chance of obtaining. Crafting is often a way non-raiders can get comparable gear. I doubt crafting mats are BOP, but I might be wrong there too. WOW did a lot of crafted items being BOP (so you could only use it if you could make it) but most other mmo's don't.
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:41 am

I don’t think they will completely isolate the whole crafting matrix to just your own personal ship. In this I mean that farming will not be the conventional means of you going to do it yourself, I envision from the suggestions made by their commentary, you will send your followers to gather for you. I stumbled upon this with the Angry Joe interview in which he described Han Solo not being a moisture farmer but had known one instead. I believe this implies that supplies will be gathered by your NPC cohorts and other means such as Mob/Boss drop etc.
I do not believe it is an isolationist structure that inhibits a player market since the player market is a major point of interest for gamers at all levels. Crafting is often taken up by many people as something to do to make money; I could not see that people would exclusively utilize quest/missions to build up revenue.
I also agree with not mixing Raid based reward structures with crafting directly, however, I do believe if someone wants a crafted item over a raid drop there should be some reward gained for passing on a raid drop for a crafted item. This may help complete a set for set bonuses, or acquire a highly desired item that is craft only.
I know we have enough intelligent people here; we can easily devise a simple structure that everyone agrees on as we learn more. I am happy that we are getting this out of the way before launch because setting things up on the fly really sucks.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:12 am

Deffinately Illian, we still have a ways to go before launch and I'm sure they wont keep everything to themselves until the day it hits stores, I hope.
I think that if a large number of materials are needed to creat items than perhaps the basic materials will be world drops of something like that.
Your idea on passing up a raid drop for a crafting item and getting some sort of reward sounds like it would be cool, although what would be the reward? Winning the roll for the crafting item maybe? Thoughts on Crafting - Page 2 303161 I don't know but I really hope more info comes out about crafting soon because I love it.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:14 am

Instead of getting a reward for passing on it...how about don't get a reward for that at all. It's just a choice of what to spend your dkp on, that's all. By not spending your dkp on the raid drop, you have it around to spend on the crafted item or the mats for said item if you can make it yourself.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:24 am

I think the dkp is what Illian was reffering to when he said reward. Or something of the sort. Does anyone know if there will be something like a guild bank and anyone can donate to it? Cause if so I will be stocking that think full of crafting supplies.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:26 am

There probably will be. I don't foresee BioWare failing to include something that has proven to be absolutely crucial to the MMO experience.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:33 am

Guild Bank is onboard the Guild Capitol Ship! Wink HAHA no idea but it sounds bloody cool to me, lets hope Bioware are thinking along the same lines eh?
No'Saj Rol'Yat
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:34 am

I still think "dkp" and crafting-credits should be separate, but there may be a system where you could sell some of your crafting-credits for someone elses "dkp", maybe? Oh by the way I find it offensive to call raid points DKP. Why Dragon kill points?? Why??
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Dragon wrote:I still think "dkp" and crafting-credits should be separate, but there may be a system where you could sell some of your crafting-credits for someone elses "dkp", maybe? Oh by the way I find it offensive to call raid points DKP. Why Dragon kill points?? Why??

*doesn't understand*
*looks at dp and name and realizes pun*
Haha.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:35 pm

That gave me a chuckle lol.
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Eokurios Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:31 am

A guild capital ship would be a nice idea. I really liked the Guild Hall they brought into EverQuest in one of the later expansions. It would be a great setup place for raids/guild PvP.
Eokurios
Eokurios

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next