Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Crafting

+18
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kevlar
Illian Amerond
Dessanar
Dragon
Jeme'Maer
Arashi
Latiel
Mictian
Toranilor
Beadle
Bahn Durm
Thalos
Carlen Darko
Tyren Vaal
Rygal Blaqk
Benson
Darka
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thoughts on Crafting Empty Thoughts on Crafting

Post  Darka Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:07 pm

The last blog was very interesting because of the mention of crafters making a name for themselves

Personally i hate crafting but support a great system for those who enjoy it.
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Crafting Empty Re: Thoughts on Crafting

Post  Benson Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:58 pm

I hope that with making a name they are gonna do a bit more then wow.. like crafted by...... (insert name)

I think it depends on the community a great deal how crafting is gonna turn out.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:02 am

Or a very very low chance to crit on items making them epic..

Then a global billboard goes out saying '{insert name here} has made this {insert epic loot here}'

Then wait for the mass amount of tells.
Rygal Blaqk
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:55 am

That would be cool.
Maybe we could make items for pvp too.
(i.e cannons, shields,)
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:10 pm

A crit chance on crafting...... how epic... Smile

talking about epic I heard a good mmo nerd joke.. and for the love of going offtopic.

Quote: Simon (a friend of mine)

"Women come and go, but Epics are bound when picked up!"
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Im naming my toon "In China"
That way it always will say Made In China
Darka
Darka

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks Darka, I was in a very bad mood at work today. But those 15 words you wrote down brought a smile back on my face.

That is an epic name for a crafter.
Benson
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:29 pm

The MMO "Aion" does that critical chance thing for their crafting.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Ill start my crafting when i reach max adventuring level.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:09 am

I'll probably start crafting right away, that way, I'll be able to buy so much crap so I can soar the higher levels later on.
Bahn Durm
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:01 am

It'd be good if we get some people who enjoy crafting to start right away since we will probably have mare than enough people collecting mats as they go, once we know what they are, that way we can have some high level crafters as we approach the end game content.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:19 am

Darka wrote:Im naming my toon "In China"
That way it always will say Made In China

Won't it say made by In China?

Name your character A Bag of Giblets or The Overmind.

Also, 'A useless NPC' would work. "You killed a useless NPC" "A useless NPC destroyed your base!"
Toranilor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:03 pm

I loled xD

As far as crafting goes, I'm guessing that they're going to loosely mimic WoW's profession system. If that's the case, then, well, I'll just be a lazy crafter, haha. If its a new system however, then I guess it'll be worth our time to find exploits efficient crafting methods within the system.

Thoughts on Crafting 28173
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Latiel Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:35 pm

If they do the same thing that WoW did with professions, I will be very disappointed. I'm hoping they come up with some new, or at least interesting system that doesn't get boring after you make your first three items. I am sure that someone somewhere will come up with a better way to craft than hitting a button marked 'create all' and leaving for three hours while you make ten-thousand blaster rifles.
Latiel
Latiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:33 am

I've only played SWG, but I thought they had a pretty good system there. I doubt TOR will have a very in depth crafting system.
Arashi
Arashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:16 am

I think crafting needs to be more fleshed out...especially more than WOW has. I think it needs to involve materials that can be easily accessable, though accessability will become rarer as you gain experience in it. Since I am the avid crafter on WOW that I am, having the same animation for everything over and over again can get fairly boring...spice it up a bit.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Vanilla wow's crafting was good, that high end items were crafted. Last time i played wow, crafting was for that extra little boost to your raiding toon and not much else (except maybe for making potions). LOTRO has a crit roll on crafting, but since expansions and this crit rate rose, it is not as special to crit any more. From my crafting experience I get the feeling it is better to be a collector and sell mats and buy the few crafted items you need. Or even better, it seems all guilds have a few dedicated crafters and you can feed them mats to get your supplies. Those dedicated crafters get big hugs from me.
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:03 pm

I'll definitely give crafting a go.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Dessanar Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:46 pm

the crafting on SWG was much better than anything else but I think this had a lot to do witht the cities as you could craft and sell with no issues in your own citioes
Dessanar
Dessanar

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:12 am

This just in!
We may not have to go through the grind of gathering and mob humping to do crafting!
Check this interview out. He manages to get really close to a direct description of the crafting system. In this interview he alludes to the process being more heroic and moving away from the farming tradition... what could this new saxy process be ^.^
http://angryjoeshow.com/2010/06/swtor-interview/

Kinda boisterus, and a little annoying but really fun to watch.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:18 am

man, that guy makes me rage =P can someone watch it and tell me what the developer said about crafting? haha
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Illian Amerond Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:40 am

Ok nutshell interview:
Q: What will crafting be like? We know crafting is like having a recipe for an item, then gathering the things to make the item, and then going to a place and making the item. How is TOR implementing this process.
A: We believe the crafting system should be more heroic, as Han Solo would not go become a moister farmer [to craft items for his Millennium falcon] they are using a new crafting system that uses a new mechanic for getting the resources.

There will be recipes but they did not comment further on the actual process just that the crafting system will be unlike any in existence in the manner of gathering and preparing recipes for development. In this I believe it will be more akin to a real market where you can purchase or acquire specific ingredients off a market structure and craft from there. It may also be level dependent to a degree because he heavily implied how level progression and armor sets unlock certain abilities/powers ect.

Yet as it stands this will be a fully epic game, not like any seen on the market today ^.^ this makes my crafting meter stand at maximum curiosity as I await the next quarters announcements. >.< I'm so excited I could pee if i was not a cyborg!

Also a highlight of this interview was the fact of the group mission player dialog choice. In this each player will be able to select a flavor text way to respond to dialog and for the most part its whom ever has the best 'roll' wins. Now rolls are impacted by armor choice (sets give bonuses) and character level and attributes (plus some undisclosed modifiers I am certain) and this contributes to all players in one group choosing an answer and the one whom wins the roll answering the question.
Now for Life or Death questions and answers the majority wins, which will help a lot if you PUG and some douche wants to try and spoil your fun, just remember keep majority in group and stay on Team Speak to keep everyone on the same page or someone is going to get killed in game lolz.
Illian Amerond
Illian Amerond

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:56 am

hmm interesting....whatever crafting version we have, I think that people gathering mats should be able to sell their mats to the guild (maybe at a guildies discount).
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:06 am

That will be up to Carlen to decide on a system, but I had as a concept a kind of guild credit system in mind.

Whereby you 'order' items from guild crafters. and they will deduct a certain amount of 'gcredit' from your account (depending on the material and effort required to make the item).
The item will then be made from existing stock of materials in the guild crafting bank and if the material isn't available, then the missing material in question will go into 'Demand'.

You earn 'gcredits' by supplying the guild crafting bank with material and the amount you earn is determined by how much the material being handed in is worth, modified by it's status as being in 'Demand', 'Stockpiled' or 'Surplus'. (for pure example, you earn 120% of the standard rate if the material is in demand. 100% if it is Stockpiled and 80% if the material is in surplus.)
I had in mind other ways of earning gcredit as well, everything from participating in group runs, to helping out lowbies etc. But that maybe heading into the territory of being overly engineered.

As a rule however, the system should be balanced out so that it is a non-profit, non-loss program for the crafters and gatherers. And by it's very operation, promote gathering and crafting as well as guild-centric activities.

Just some idea's as my brief stint as Grand Vizier
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliyah Teh Naast Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:11 am

Hahaha that guy cracks me up.
Can't wait, sounds like crafting is going to be made to help your character more so than selling the things you make. Unless it's your old equipment? Thoughts on Crafting 303161 Idk just a guess
Kaliyah Teh Naast
Kaliyah Teh Naast

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next