Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRII: Round I

+7
Kevlar
Tyren Vaal
Gerard Halcyon
Jasterk Staren
Beadle
Jeme'Maer
Carlen Darko
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BRII: Round I - Page 2 Empty Re: BRII: Round I

Post  Mictian Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:17 pm

You two needz to take a chill pill :O

I've been... observing... <.< and welp, I'd just like to point out that in the first royale, there were loads of extensions, but even then, they were never met. I've never said this out loud, but I was actually very disappointed. I basically won by default, seeing as none of my opponents submitted their entries, and the last battle didn't really see much of a clash. Then again, it's all water under the bridge, so meh

What I'm trying to say here is that shit happens, there's always going to be unforseen problems, despite everything being set in stone. We're human after all. While I personally disagree with extensions, I was fine with it, because I understood that there must've been a good reason for said extension. My advice would be to give a warning, maybe 4-5 days before dateline, and if anyone needs an extension, to post it for all to see. It helps one come to terms with the change, for understanding is always what's needed. Therefore, there would be no reason for last minute extensions, etc. It's also about letting the people know, for knowledge begets acceptance, so we don't have cases where one would stay up late to complete an entry (I feel you Kev ~).

Ultimately, it all comes down to the participants. The fact that half of them didn't meet the dateline is appalling, but it just goes to show the standard they hold themselves to. If you can't meet the dateline, post the reason, and if it's unreasonable, you forfeit your position, simple as that. If you never intended to meet the dateline, then you shouldn't have signed up >.> I honestly hoped that the second royale wouldn't end up like the first, but this is all just Deja Vu on my end.

It'd be nice for everyone (Yes, -everyone-) to take a step back and think, "How would my actions affect others?" With that, I shall now return to stalking the forums till I am needed again ~ hehe
Mictian
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 pm

A reminder to all participants, please see the The Rules. There is a section in there labeled 'Concerning Extensions'. This has been displayed for a while now, so everyone should be familiar with it.

(This is not a response to you Mictian, but what you said reminded me of it.)

Last edited by Jacan Na'al on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed condescending content in light of current private discussions)
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:26 am

ok, I have submitted mine...Im kinda sad about my ending though....It feels so anti-climactic
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:22 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:ok, I have submitted mine...Im kinda sad about my ending though....It feels so anti-climactic

A fight between Jeme and Alicia being anti-climactic?!? What!? =O

Impossible! This Is Madness! =P
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:31 am

Kevlar wrote:
Jeme'Maer wrote:ok, I have submitted mine...Im kinda sad about my ending though....It feels so anti-climactic

A fight between Jeme and Alicia being anti-climactic?!? What!? =O

Impossible! This Is Madness! =P
]

well...ul see, Im over-rusty on fight scenes....Il finish it afterwards and make the fight scene epic just for you lol....
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:40 am

haha, good.

I atleast had the decency to use a fusion vacuum bomb (kind of like a thermal nuclear warhead coupled with a gravnetic implosion device) to kill Jeme =P

So the least you could to is make your story's ending spectacular. hahaha
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:55 am

Kevlar wrote:haha, good.

I atleast had the decency to use a fusion vacuum bomb (kind of like a thermal nuclear warhead coupled with a gravnetic implosion device) to kill Jeme =P

So the least you could to is make your story's ending spectacular. hahaha

.......Ur gonna hate my ending...... wish I could go back and reconfigure it, but hey, its now said and done
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:27 am

hehe, well, I guess we will see soon enough. Where is Carlen and the Judges? =P

I want to read Jeme's story! =D and everyone elses.

Last edited by Kevlar on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:36 am

umm....Quin withdrew Sad
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:37 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:umm....Quin withdrew Sad

[Whistles]
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:03 am

The issue that caused my withdrawal has been dealt with by the council therefore I am free to rejoin the competition as a participant.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:32 am

Alright, the due date is up and the Entries have been posted (BRII: Round I Entries). This thread is now closed.
Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2