Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sith Warrior

+4
Quinlan Sa'athis
Arashi Storm
Gatho
Cullis
8 posters

Go down

The Sith Warrior Empty The Sith Warrior

Post  Cullis Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:57 pm

18 Aug '09 - "GameSpot: Our next profession to discuss is the Sith Warrior, which we believe was shown at this year's E3. Give us an overview of this class."

Assuming no-one has referenced this yet somewhere else heh - a short Q&A that confirms the Sith Warrior class...

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6215526/star-wars-the-old-republic-updated-qanda-the-sith-warrior
Cullis
Cullis

Back to top Go down

The Sith Warrior Empty Re: The Sith Warrior

Post  Gatho Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:53 pm

To be honest I am a little surprised if Sith Warrior is one class (that's how I understand it), I thought you would be able to choose between the Guardian/Sentinel/Counselor or Warrior/Sith Sentinel/Lord inside a class.
But now I guess the storyarc has a bit to do with it, as it's said in the interview that the Sith Warrior's story is to hunt down enemies of the empire, that ain't what a Sith Lord does.
Gatho
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Well that was interesting. It sounds like the jedi and sith will not be sharing force powers like you could KOTOR, but we still don't know for sure 100%. I was surprised to see them reveal the sith warrior now though. I figured they were gonna reveal all the non force user classes first.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:38 am

This is one of the force user types I am interested in.
Sabre heavy DPS monster hope there is a Jedi equivalent, I do not like being limited by faction.
Quinlan Sa'athis
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico Gaborik Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:47 am

Indeed there must be a jedi guardian class
Nico Gaborik
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:53 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:This is one of the force user types I am interested in.
Sabre heavy DPS monster hope there is a Jedi equivalent, I do not like being limited by faction.

I hear ya. There is a lot of speculation going on right now on the official site about the possibility of two sith classes. I doubt we will see a total of four force user classes. I think it would be a huge mistake if Bioware separated the jedi and sith classes having one with a melee focus and the other being force power focused. I liked how in KOTOR II after you reached a certain level you kinda specialized on one aspect.
Arashi Storm
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:47 am

I'm assuming Jedi Guardians are going to be DPS base class.
Thalos
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:23 am

Bioware has already said they didn't want to follow the trinity (i.e. DPS, Healing, Tank.)
Edit: sorry, I'm a little wrong here, apparently they are trying to keep the trinity in the game, but with changes for people who don't like grouping or solo'ing. I'll have to do proper research before making an assumption or statement...
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:18 am

wow, Sith warrior, the name doesn't seem to flow as the other classes do. I hope that they come up with a different name before they formally introduce it to the public.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:41 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:wow, Sith warrior, the name doesn't seem to flow as the other classes do. I hope that they come up with a different name before they formally introduce it to the public.

A Sith Warrior sounds more like a Sith which uses a sword in battle.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down