Archived OUF Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tor-Game

+3
Kevlar
Jeme'Maer
Jen Qaatil
7 posters

Go down

Tor-Game Empty Tor-Game

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:05 pm

Thought I would make a separate thread for this game since it's bigger in scale than the last.

Some basic game information:
It's a 2D top-down scroll game much like your Zelda's and whatnot. The game's story will revolve around you protecting the OUF compound from intruders.

The game is still in early development. I am in the process of completing the game's engine. When that is complete the next phase will be to add in extra features such as a menu system, HUD, etc. Once all those features are complete the game will go through a graphics overhaul where all the art and levels are designed and implemented. Then some closed testing by OUF members only and finally a release to everyone.

Screenshots/Video:

FAQs:

• Is that Link from Zelda??!: Yes. He is serving as my test dummy as of the moment. The levels seen are test maps that won't be included in the final game.

• Is Tor-Game the name of the game?: Currently this is how I am going to refer to it. When the game comes closer to release a new title can be decided on. Perhaps a contest is in order where everyone suggests a title and the winner's suggestion is chosen as the game's title?

• Can I help?: Of course!! The game is being programmed using Allegro in C. If you want to help then PM me. If programming is not your thing then you can also help when the art phase starts. Things that will be needed in the future are: Level design, player design, complete storyline, sound effects, music, and so on. If you think you can help with any of these then contact me first so I can give you the specifications.

• What are you using to make the game?: I am using the Allegro gaming library which serves as an abstraction layer. I am coding the game in the C programming language. My compiler is Mingw using the Dev C++ IDE. Some of the other tools I am using: Mappy, Photoshop.

Last edited by Garr Talon on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Tor-Game Empty Re: Tor-Game

Post  Jen Qaatil Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Such a feeling of nostalgia watching that screenshot. ^_^ Anyways, sre you still using C language for the game Garr.. or are you using another programming language?
Jen Qaatil
Jen Qaatil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 pm

Yep. I added a FAQ section just now too. I'll list the things I am using so far.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:38 pm

very nice, this sounds like it will be fun.
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Yes! I will help with what art I can when it gets to that stage. =)
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:24 am

A very very basic re-rendering concept art. Its not even close complete, still missing characters and details and such, but hope this is on the right track.

Tor-Game Re-Renderalpha
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:54 am

amazing, it would be great if this was multiplayer, like you can have a maximum of 4 each group. Kind of like the four swords version of the legend of zelda
Jeme'Maer
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:43 am

This game won't be multiplayer, but who knows. If this one is popular enough we might try and fit a multiplayer on the second game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:31 am

Working on basic character art now, afterwards I'll start roughing it up a bit =P laser blasts, scorch marks and dead bodies!
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:38 pm

I can't wait for this to finished (no rush of course), I can definitely see some multiplayer possibilities in future.
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:22 am

Looking for some good music to put to Tor-Gam atm, I've found some pretty good ones so far, but I've no idea how to share them for other people to have a listen to.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico Gaborik Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:23 am

Looks like a fun project your doing, hope to see more screen shots later on.

Good work *thumbs up*
Nico Gaborik
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:10 am

Hey Nico! You have some experience at this sort of thing don't you? Feel free to pitch in a hand or take over completely =P I'm totally useless at drawing things, more suited at photo manipulations and touch up work.
Kevlar
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Kevlar wrote:Looking for some good music to put to Tor-Gam atm, I've found some pretty good ones so far, but I've no idea how to share them for other people to have a listen to.
You could upload them somewhere, or turn them into video and put on youtube.
Beadle
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:28 pm

I'm working on this off and on so not much has gotten done in the past week. I'll keep you all updated on its progress if any is made.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydius Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:15 am

Cant see any of Garr's post for some reason =/

Other than that im kinda confused on what you are trying to build here, but seems like it will turn out great
Lydius
Lydius

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:18 am

Lydius wrote:Cant see any of Garr's post for some reason =/

What does it appear like? Have you tried refreshing?
Tyren Vaal
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down